Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2009-2010 Official Vermont Season Thread : The Sequel

Originally posted by kdaddy View Post
    UVM shut out UNH 2 times, Yale 1 time, beat Denver, UMD and BC 2 times.... basically UVM got in right about where they should have...in by the skin of their teeth. As for UML they were probably a bit better but didn't play as good an OOC schedule and that is what killed them (along with losing to Princeton and UNO)
    Originally posted by Slasher7 View Post
    As I said, they benefitted by the PWR. Im not going to sit here and lie to you and say that I think UVM is one of the best 16 teams in the country this year. If you think so you are lying to yourself. Maybe they'll make the best of it and win a game, but I expect Wisconsin to beat them pretty easily. We'll see.
    I think this show just how mediocre (parity? ) the rest of the leagues are outside of the top 2 or 3.

And looking at Ferris their OOC were

Yale (lost 6-1) UVM beat Yale 1-0

and

Connecticut, RM and Canisius and MC

UVM's OOC were

Yale, Denver, UMD, UAH, SLU and Dartmouth

UMD and Denver (UVM 2-1) are the difference between these schools in or out..

Comment

My eye balls saw Duluth beat North Dakota, Denver, and shut out Wisconsin this year. Neither UMD or UVM are great teams, but the math worked out for UVM and not the Bulldogs.
      Huh? So what are you saying? UMD shutout Wisconsin so they aren't great? UVM beat UMD so they aren't great either? So what does that make Wisconsin?

Why can't you just answer a question straight up when asked?
      Originally posted by Hokydad
      Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
        Huh? So what are you saying? UMD shutout Wisconsin so they aren't great? UVM beat UMD so they aren't great either? So what does that make Wisconsin?

Why can't you just answer a question straight up when asked?
        Im not playing the "transitivity rule" game with you. I'm telling you that I've seen UMD and UVM play on a handful of occasions this year and I think that UMD is better. They play in a better conference this year and beat some quality teams. UVM beat them in that game, but if they played ten times, I think UMD would win 7 of them. I would rather have seen Duluth in the tournament because I think they would have a chance vs. a team like Wisconsin.

Comment

Im not playing the "transitivity rule" game with you. I'm telling you that I've seen UMD and UVM play on a handful of occasions this year and I think that UMD is better. They play in a better conference this year and beat some quality teams. UVM beat them in that game, but if they played ten times, I think UMD would win 7 of them. I would rather have seen Duluth in the tournament because I think they would have a chance vs. a team like Wisconsin.
          Why didn't UMD win more comparisons then UVM then?

Comment

But Slasher, BC went 1-2 against Lowell this year. Obviously that makes Lowell a better team...

Comment

It looks like BC got that easy road to the final four that you all claimed Vermont got last year. First Alaska and then wouldnt this be fun...Yale?

It would be shame if they didnt get through those two games huh?
              New Arena New Arena where for art thou New Arena

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                But Slasher, BC went 1-2 against Lowell this year. Obviously that makes Lowell a better team...
                But but but JD..........

I asked for a reason why he says what he says and the best answer I can get is the "eyeball" test from the clown. Then he states UMD beat so and so and shut out Wisconsin and they aren't great and neither is UVM. I think that it was justified to ask him what he was saying. This isn't WW2 and there is no need to speak in some type of code. Just say what you mean for christ's sake.

BTW, nice to see you guys miss me so much as you have to come over here.

Comment

Originally posted by Cat lover View Post
                  It looks like BC got that easy road to the final four that you all claimed Vermont got last year. First Alaska and then wouldnt this be fun...Yale?

Even if they do it won't count. Beating Yale and Alaska is no different then beating Yale and AFA. They have set themselves up so that even a Frozen Four appearance won't matter. They need to get at least to the finals

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
                    Why didn't UMD win more comparisons then UVM then?
                    Again. Because of the PWR formula. Maybe UVM will bore Wisconsin to death or blow the roof off the place and score 2 goals.

Comment

Originally posted by Cat lover View Post

If you think Yale will beat UND, then it is true: Everyone in Vermont IS high. Somehow even if Yale did win, UVM would probably raise a banner at the Gutt to commemorate the event.

Comment

Pretty easy to understand they meant if they were selecting teams on their own criteria, UVM wouldn't have been included.
                        Thanks for the translation. I thought they were talking about quantum physics

Comment

Originally posted by adidasjerry View Post
                          Thanks for the translation. I thought they were talking about quantum physics
                          I don't give a rats *** what you thought. The post wasn't directed at you.

Comment

I don't give a rats *** what you thought. The post wasn't directed at you.
                            That's just unnecssary. There's no need to take your anger at me out on addidas Jerry.

Your post wasn't directed at him, much like my original post wasn't direct to you. Taking your aggression out on him is just being a grade a hypocrit.

Comment

Again. Because of the PWR formula. Maybe UVM will bore Wisconsin to death or blow the roof off the place and score 2 goals.
                              What part of it do you have a problem with.

UVM beat UMD H2H so they get a point.
                              RPI is based on SOS and win% - that's a pretty fair comparison if you ask me.
                              COP : is pretty fair I think
                              TUC : also is a big one, since it's how you play against other "good" teams.

Not sure where your problem with this is? Care to explain?

Comment

If you think Yale will beat UND, then it is true: Everyone in Vermont IS high. Somehow even if Yale did win, UVM would probably raise a banner at the Gutt to commemorate the event.
                                Sorry but you must be new to college hockey.

Just ask the high seeds last year or hell from most league playoffs this year how important seeds and records are come playoff time.

I love how you say we are high to think something might happen then in the next sentence start covering your tracks when it doesnt. Boy you sure sold your arguement there.
                                New Arena New Arena where for art thou New Arena

Comment

Working...
                                X