Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2009-2010 Official Vermont Season Thread : The Sequel

Originally posted by snwbrdr View Post
    My gut tells me that Denver and BU play for the title as they are both a little ahead of everyone else - but bounces and hot hands will likely play a role as well.
    Edit edit edit. Hurry up before jcarter puts it in his signature.

As far as next year is concerned - BC is stacked beyond belief but the NEVER run away with the RS title. They probably will lose it to UNH again! But don't tell that to jcarter, he believes everything is pure coincidence!
    Last edited by Carmine Scarpaglia; 03-21-2010, 11:37 AM.
    Originally posted by reBlur
    the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

BC and Denver. I'm no typist and I had to lay off my proof reader

Comment

BC and Denver. I'm no typist and I had to lay off my proof reader
        Would that have been JCarter?

Comment

Best of luck in the NCAA regionals. Your team bottled up UNH more effectively than any team I saw this season. That style will make you competitve against any team in the tournament.
          The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

Good luck next weekend. Make Hockey East proud.
            Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
              Edit edit edit. Hurry up before jcarter puts it in his signature.
              Do you think UMLGoon mistyped his prediction to be 40-0-0??

I realize you southies aren't the sharpest tools, but really that would be quite a coincidence to mistype that and 27-0-0 in conference....
              Originally posted by Hokydad
              Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
                Would that have been JCarter?
                Nope TonytheTiger

Comment

Congrats to the Cats for getting into the tournament. That is fantastic for the kids and has to be a real positive for the continued growth of the program - and is clearly good for recruiting and good for giving the kids more big game experience.

0 for the game on the PP was once again a killer.

It really is amazing that they went 6-1 OOC against such good competition and earned this spot - good for them. It goes to show how critical those games are.
                  Agreed...congrats on making it. Said in a earlier post, not sure they deserve it based on how up and down they play but that 6-1 OOC record pays dividends.

In any playoff situation, special teams are usually the difference makers. UVM has scored only 25 power play goals this year and gave up 33 (I wonder if that differential is all from the Maine series?). Not sure that this can be fixed but this game could hinge on the Cats ability to score a PP goal. Looking at Wisconsin's last 5-6 game box scores, it seems as if they sure go to the box alot. Did not look to see if these were off setting type penalties or not but I am guessing the Cats will have their PP chances on Friday night.

Continued strong play by Madore along with solid special teams and these guys could end up in Detroit. Who would have thunk it was even a possibility after that Merriamack weekend?
                  Remember the 5 "S's" of hockey - Speed, Size, Strength, Skill and Smarts - The more you have of these, the higher level you get to go to....

Comment

Does anybody have any clue on the status of Stacey and if he's going to be back in time for Friday's game?

Comment

Well the women just finished off the higher seeded badgers......hopefully that's a foreshadow of the men's hockey team. Congrats to the lady Cats' BBall.

This has really been a good year for UVM athletics. Men's and womens bball and of course the mens's hockey team all in the NCAA tourneys.

Comment

Congratulations to the UVM women's basketball team for beating Wisconsin 64 - 55 ... the 1st
                        NCAA tournament win for the women's basketball program!

Hope the hockey team does as well against Wisconsin this Friday in St. Paul.
                        GaryH - UVM Class of '73
                        "Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." - Groucho Marx

Comment

Congratulations Catamounts! Hopefully the fan support will improve upon the showing in Boston. I seriously doubt it will since they're playing in Minneapolis. I know the basketball team was playing on Friday night and the Cats had the early game plus the longest trip but I expected more out of the Catamount faithful. UVM is a hockey school and it was sad to see so few fans and no band (I assume they were in Buffalo). Unless the women keep winning, the hockey Cats should be the last UVM team standing as it should be!

On to the game..... Wisconsin is great and they'll have tons of support in Minnesota. UVM got lucky last year with the Yale matchup but not this year. One thing is for certain, Vermont will battle hard and make the Badgers earn this one. Two goals in the past three elimination games is a troubling statistic. Madore will have to steal this one but 1 goal won't be enough.

Wisconsin was shutout in the semis of the WCHA but they are a potent offense (155 goals in 39 games!). They allowed just 100 goals so they're a complete team. Badgers smoked UNH twice and beat Merrimack 5-4 in their only matchups against Hockey East schools.

It doesn't look good on paper but last year proved that anything can happen in this tournament. GO CATS GO!
                          GO CATS GO!

2013 U20 Gold Medal
                          2010 U20 Gold Medal
                          USA HOCKEY
                          1996 World Cup Champions
                          2010 & 2002 Olympic Silver Medal
                          2004 U20 Gold Medal
                          U18 Gold '09, '06 & '05
                          WNT 2008 & 2009 World Champions

Comment

Originally posted by midge843 View Post
                            Does anybody have any clue on the status of Stacey and if he's going to be back in time for Friday's game?
                            No clue but have to be conditioning might be an issue. Although did see him skating in some of the pictures from the pregame skate at the Garden, so at least he was skating.
                            Remember the 5 "S's" of hockey - Speed, Size, Strength, Skill and Smarts - The more you have of these, the higher level you get to go to....

Comment

What is with INCH, somebody from UVM really got their panties in a bunch. After making the NCAA tourney the Cats made the Power Rankings coming in at last place (20th) with this for a write up

"While we wouldn't have included Vermont if we were in charge of selecting the NCAA Tournament field (more in the INCH Podcast), the Catamounts deserve this spot in the INCH Power Rankings."

Seriously?? You wouldn't have included VT if you were the selection committee ?? Ever hear of those things called PWC's??

I'm boycotting lol. Their site has gone downhill over the past year and sucks anyways. The Power rankings were the only thing worthwhile as their coverage is horrible. Good Riddance.

Comment

INCH rules.
                                Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                                The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Working...
                                X