X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2009-2010 Official Vermont Season Thread : The Sequel

Pray for the top seeded teams to win.

and, ugh, that means BC to.

I think I just vomited a little bit......Go Eagles......
    Originally posted by Hokydad
    Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Postgame Press conference video from BC-Vermont.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lO68QGLwNx4

Comment

It is a longshot, but we are last team in if the following teams win:

Northern Michigan over Michigan
        Boston College over Maine
        Cornell over Union

BC and Cornell have a good chance. Michigan seems really hot now, so that seems like the longer shot of the three.

Comment

Originally posted by GuttCheck View Post
          It is a longshot, but we are last team in if the following teams win:

Northern Michigan over Michigan
          Boston College over Maine
          Cornell over Union

BC and Cornell have a good chance. Michigan seems really hot now, so that seems like the longer shot of the three.
          The M/NM doesn't really matter. They only need BC and Cornell to win.

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
            The M/NM doesn't really matter. They only need BC and Cornell to win.
            I don't think that is the case when I run the predictor. Michigan win puts the cut line at 13. RIT/Sacred Heart and Huntsville would take the 16 and 15 slots, Michigan would be in the 14 hole. Vermont would miss out as they would lose the 14 hole to Michigan.

Anyway, not sure these guys deserve to go to the hockey dance with their up and down manner of play this season. That goal with 8 seconds left in the 2nd last night was an absolute killer. Problem is who was the responsible player in any of these types of goals. Last night, Higgins let his man get away from him. Would have taken perfect pass in that situation to score but then...it turned out to be a perfect pass.

At some point, if I had the time, I would like to look at all the box scores and see how many goals were scored on this team in either the first or last minute of a period. Then I would compare that to how many this team scored in the same time frames.

Thought Madore kept his team in the game but his team mates did not show up for him. Last week, he was called out by the coaching staff for letting his team mates down...wonder if the coaches called out the team for letting Madore down after this game?
            Remember the 5 "S's" of hockey - Speed, Size, Strength, Skill and Smarts - The more you have of these, the higher level you get to go to....

Comment

Originally posted by observer85 View Post
              I don't think that is the case when I run the predictor. Michigan win puts the cut line at 13. RIT/Sacred Heart and Huntsville would take the 16 and 15 slots, Michigan would be in the 14 hole. Vermont would miss out as they would lose the 14 hole to Michigan.
              Hmm, I don't get that. I get UVM in a 3 way tie for 12th with Michigan and Alaska. They lose the tie breakers putting them in 14th, with UAH and RIT in the 15th and 16th spots. UVM would be the last team in. Ferris state would be the first team out. Should Ferris win that would actually knock out UNH but UVM would still be in.

As long as BC and Cornell win their games I think UVM is in.

Basically I have :

RIT
              SCSU (although this won't change anything)
              BC
              Cornell
              Michigan

all winning. The consolation games don't appear to effect UVM's spot.

Comment

Hmm, I don't get that. I get UVM in a 3 way tie for 12th with Michigan and Alaska. They lose the tie breakers putting them in 14th, with UAH and RIT in the 15th and 16th spots. UVM would be the last team in. Ferris state would be the first team out. Should Ferris win that would actually knock out UNH but UVM would still be in.

As long as BC and Cornell win their games I think UVM is in.

Basically I have :

RIT
                SCSU (although this won't change anything)
                BC
                Cornell
                Michigan

all winning. The consolation games don't appear to effect UVM's spot.
                Again at the predictor page...If Ferris wins and right now they are tied 1-1 with Miami, then they stay in and it hurts UVM if Michigan wins....hope I am wrong.
                Remember the 5 "S's" of hockey - Speed, Size, Strength, Skill and Smarts - The more you have of these, the higher level you get to go to....

Comment

Originally posted by observer85 View Post
                  Again at the predictor page...If Ferris wins and right now they are tied 1-1 with Miami, then they stay in and it hurts UVM if Michigan wins....hope I am wrong.
                  Moot point now since Ferris lost, but had Ferris won, UNH would have dropped below UVM and then would have been the first team out with UVM being the last team in. Either way Ferris lost so it comes down to the top seeds winning. RIT, BC, and Cornell win and UVM is in. Anyone of them gets upset and the season is over.

It's too bad it isn't in their hands anymore, but here's hoping.

Comment

Moot point now since Ferris lost, but had Ferris won, UNH would have dropped below UVM and then would have been the first team out with UVM being the last team in. Either way Ferris lost so it comes down to the top seeds winning. RIT, BC, and Cornell win and UVM is in. Anyone of them gets upset and the season is over.

It's too bad it isn't in their hands anymore, but here's hoping.
                    Slid into it...barely.

Comment

Wow!!!! Congratulations to the Catamounts. It's a whole new season now and you know they are capable of beating anyone. Would be great if they are in Albany or Worcester. Great accomplishment by the coaches and team in going to the Dance again this season. They overcame a ton of injuries and turmoil. Whoever gets them in the first round will certainly not be thrilled.

Comment

Originally posted by CatsFan37 View Post
                        Wow!!!! Congratulations to the Catamounts. It's a whole new season now and you know they are capable of beating anyone. Would be great if they are in Albany or Worcester. Great accomplishment by the coaches and team in going to the Dance again this season. They overcame a ton of injuries and turmoil. Whoever gets them in the first round will certainly not be thrilled.
                        Depends on which team shows up..the one who played Denver tough or the one last night..

Comment

nice going cats...good luck....quick question to anyone who knows, if the 2 bu-uvm games at the gut go to bu, does bu get the at large?
                          Spaulding get your foot off the boat!

Comment

Originally posted by steakbomb View Post
                            nice going cats...good luck....quick question to anyone who knows, if the 2 bu-uvm games at the gut go to bu, does bu get the at large?
                            It's hard to say because without those points uvm would't have made the playoffs...bu would have most likely gotten merrimack or umass in the opening round (assuming their seasons played out the same).

Bottom line, I think if bu had won both those games it still wouldn't be enough. They dug themselves too large of a hole early in the season to come back for an at-large.

Comment

Two years in a row making the big dance. Sure, they didnt get in pretty, but to make the Tournament is always just plain good.
                              Watching UVM hockey from afar.....

Comment

So did that BC OT goal give UVM the last spot? You're welcome

Comment

Working...
                                X