2009-2010 Official Vermont Season Thread : The Sequel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2009-2010 Official Vermont Season Thread : The Sequel

Good morning to all UVM fans. Congrats on the big win and series win against UNH. Oh and a big congrats to Jay Antcil. I love that! Dont worry so much about the PWR Rankings and all the different scenarios. Winning will take care of it all. Best of luck. Doing the same back here as the Dogs have the Sioux this weekend. Dogs looked great in a 4-0 win over CC Sun nite (Was there) but as I said if you keep winning it takes care of itself.

Comment

Originally posted by snapdog2 View Post
      Good morning to all UVM fans. Congrats on the big win and series win against UNH. Oh and a big congrats to Jay Antcil. I love that! Dont worry so much about the PWR Rankings and all the different scenarios. Winning will take care of it all. Best of luck. Doing the same back here as the Dogs have the Sioux this weekend. Dogs looked great in a 4-0 win over CC Sun nite (Was there) but as I said if you keep winning it takes care of itself.
      Winning this next game will be a task in itself. BC is red hot right now. They always are at the end of the year. Just got my ticket and hoping UVM pulls off another shocker!

Comment

BC always has a good team and this post season is no different. That team has played awesome all year. But UVM has handed them 2 of their 8 losses this year. Granted that was earlier on in the season where the freshman were still getting acclimated, but UVM has played BC tough for the last few years and it isn't that far fetched to think UVM can win this game and move on. The last time UVM advanced to the Garden they managed to beat that other Bostn team that was also ironically the #2 seed.
        Originally posted by Hokydad
        Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Not UVM related.. but watch this

http://www.uzood.com/video/71588/Mat...-Playoffs-2010

Just brutal. My kid asked if this was the stuff that Cullity does. I said while #4 may take some dumb penalties.. I have never seen anything like that out of Cullity.

Comment

Originally posted by kdaddy View Post
            I've been playing with the PWR predictor and there are way way too many outcomes. UVM can beat BC and still get knocked out if BU wins it all. UVM can lose to BC and still get in....nothing to do but sit and wait.
            I tried for awhile and could not find one outcome that put us IN if we lose on Friday. You did?

Comment

Originally posted by 4035 View Post

Just brutal. My kid asked if this was the stuff that Cullity does. I said while #4 may take some dumb penalties.. I have never seen anything like that out of Cullity.
              I've got to tell you, the impact and the result of that hit was brutal but I had to watch it several times to see what i thought the right call would be. I think that's nothing more than a 2 minute charging penalty. Every now and then you'll see a collision like this that just makes you wonder how they'll ever get up. However it appears to me that 2 guys were going after a puck in the corner coming from complete opposite directions and angles to the puck and with the speed of the play and impact you get that result. The guy in white had his arms down and although it looks like he left his feet I think that was a result of the impact. Just my 2.

Cullity has taken dumb penalties consistently for four years but of late I've noticed he is playing tremendous hockey. He has more speed or quickness than you might think as he gets to loose pucks in both zones pretty well. Maybe he can have the game(s) of his life this weekend and catch a ride with an ahl team after the season.

Comment

Originally posted by snwbrdr View Post
                UNH fans may complain about the trap but if it helps you generate 41 shots in regulation and 51 in 76 minutes of game time then so be it. I thought that was a very exciting game, UVM had plenty of chances and Foster played huge.

Burrows made a nasty move in OT that I was sure was going to end it but somehow Foster stuffed him all alone in front.

Most of the UVM players had great games - nobody to call out for a poor performance - but I will say that Roloff and Stalberg in particular looked strong all game. Stalberg has just been fantastic down the stretch - looking so much stronger and faster than he did in the first half.

The one thing I still don't understand is - where was this effort and execution the prior weekend in Lowell? I don't understand it - but when they decide to bring it - they can play with anyone.

BC will be TOUGH but it's nice to have the opportunity - if the Cats bring the same effort and execution on Friday that they did the last two nights I like their chances to make it a game. That's a big if though of course. BC won't look past them.

Go Cats. Congratulations. Rest up and BRING IT on Friday.
                Good point on the so called trap. A lot of people don't like a trap if you will but the thing of it is it's employed as much if not more for offensive reasons as it is for defensive reasons. Didn't think they played much of a trapping style other than keeping the third forward high in the offensive zone, rather they owned the deeper part of the unh zone.

Rohloff I would expect to be highly motivated as every game could be his last and he I'm sure would like to catch an eye of an ahl affiliate. He shouldn't be overwhelmed by the matchup this weekend. Stalberg is absolutely night and day from the first half. It's been great to see what his potential is as in the first half I wasn't too sure about his abilities. Hope he and the other freshman, who all have an impact, aren't in awe of the moment.

I like Burrrows at forward a lot. He can play in a lot of different situations, has a nose for the net, and is always in a good position to help offensively and defensively. Too bad they didn't try it earlier but I would imagine he would be slated to play up front next season as well. For years I thought Slava Tomko would be a great forward but they never tried it.

Going to need equally as fine goaltending as game 2 and 3 this weekend if they want to win. It's a lot to ask to continue this streak but hopefully he has the same vibe on Friday at 5pm.

Curious if uvm loses friday do they have the upper hand on unh for ncaa's as a result of last weekend? Real tough call, equal records, better out of conference for uvm, uvm just took the last two, an important two, but unh was regular season champions in the toughest league in the country. Honestly, I can't argue unh getting the nod for that reason.

Comment

Originally posted by 4035 View Post

I wish cullity could hit like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Ogilthorpe View Post
                    Rohloff I would expect to be highly motivated as every game could be his last and he I'm sure would like to catch an eye of an ahl affiliate. He shouldn't be overwhelmed by the matchup this weekend. Stalberg is absolutely night and day from the first half. It's been great to see what his potential is as in the first half I wasn't too sure about his abilities. Hope he and the other freshman, who all have an impact, aren't in awe of the moment.
                    I agree, wonderful to see Stalberg playing well. He has long since passed Vic's freshman year production and just seems to be getting better every game. McCarthy has been impressive and I really like Roos energy. The freshman class has developed nicely and I think Stalberg and McCarthy will continue to be leaders on this team for the next 3 years.

I like Burrrows at forward a lot. He can play in a lot of different situations, has a nose for the net, and is always in a good position to help offensively and defensively. Too bad they didn't try it earlier but I would imagine he would be slated to play up front next season as well. For years I thought Slava Tomko would be a great forward but they never tried it.
                    Burrows has been impressive at forward. I can see why Sneddon wanted to make him into an offensive Dman, he is very offensively talented and has good defensive instincts. But, you can't argue with how he has played at Forward. Tomko was always one of my favorite players, he was also very offensively minded. But, he seemed to be headed to the box too often, or on the bench. But, I liked to watch him very much.

Curious if uvm loses friday do they have the upper hand on unh for ncaa's as a result of last weekend? Real tough call, equal records, better out of conference for uvm, uvm just took the last two, an important two, but unh was regular season champions in the toughest league in the country.
                    UVM loses the any tiebreaker with UNH, and from what I have seen with the PWR predictor absent a UVM win they in fact tend to be tied. So I think UNH has the upperhand. That said there are a few ways that both make it even if UVM loses on Friday. Even though the season is winding down there are still a million possibilites. I saw on a webpage somewhere a gentleman had a list of top and bottom possibilities for all the teams, UVM can finish as high as a 6 seed and as low as 19.

I have the PWR predictor set up essentially by seed with and upset of SLU over Union, UMD over UND, AFA over SH. With everything else playing out as seeded that puts UVM in as #14 and the last team in despite losing to BC. Key seems to be UMD losing to UND and the consolation game.

Comment

Do the people from Inside College Hockey have a grudge vs Vermont. They are never in any recaps and there is always a quote along the line "Vermont did not do well in their league so it is rediculous that they are even ranked at all"

Comment

I have two extra seats for Friday night - Balcony Sec 308 (behind the net) row 14 seats 5 and 6 - $20 each takes them. If you bought from Ticketmaster it is $59 with all the charges.

Not the best seats.... but...gets you in the door and I assume you can move down to better ones.

For a seating chart go to:
                        http://www.seats3d.com/nhl/boston_bruins/

Hope this is ok thread etiquette.

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
                          I agree, wonderful to see Stalberg playing well. He has long since passed Vic's freshman year production and just seems to be getting better every game. McCarthy has been impressive and I really like Roos energy. The freshman class has developed nicely and I think Stalberg and McCarthy will continue to be leaders on this team for the next 3 years.

Burrows has been impressive at forward. I can see why Sneddon wanted to make him into an offensive Dman, he is very offensively talented and has good defensive instincts. But, you can't argue with how he has played at Forward. Tomko was always one of my favorite players, he was also very offensively minded. But, he seemed to be headed to the box too often, or on the bench. But, I liked to watch him very much.

UVM loses the any tiebreaker with UNH, and from what I have seen with the PWR predictor absent a UVM win they in fact tend to be tied. So I think UNH has the upperhand. That said there are a few ways that both make it even if UVM loses on Friday. Even though the season is winding down there are still a million possibilites. I saw on a webpage somewhere a gentleman had a list of top and bottom possibilities for all the teams, UVM can finish as high as a 6 seed and as low as 19.

I have the PWR predictor set up essentially by seed with and upset of SLU over Union, UMD over UND, AFA over SH. With everything else playing out as seeded that puts UVM in as #14 and the last team in despite losing to BC. Key seems to be UMD losing to UND and the consolation game.
                          I have a very easy fix to everybody looking at the PWR Rankings and are trying to decipher it all. Just go beat BC as far as I can remember every game starts at 0-0. I believe the Cats can win. So if any UVM players are reading this I have two words for you. Team and Believe! Very powerful words!

Comment

Congrats to Sebastian Stalberg for being named to the HE rookie team. He has been real solid down the stretch. Fortunately, McCarthy, Pacan and even Roos are right there also. And Franzon has looked very good of late also.

I'm guessing UVM puts another rookie or two on the team next year also.

Comment

I like Burrrows at forward a lot. He can play in a lot of different situations, has a nose for the net, and is always in a good position to help offensively and defensively. Too bad they didn't try it earlier but I would imagine he would be slated to play up front next season as well.
                              Agree 100%.

The only player I was not impressed with in the ONE UNH game I saw in the series was Irwin. Not sure if it was just an off night or what was going on....

Comment

Originally posted by adidasjerry View Post
                                Do the people from Inside College Hockey have a grudge vs Vermont. They are never in any recaps and there is always a quote along the line "Vermont did not do well in their league so it is rediculous that they are even ranked at all"
                                Something is up with them. Its almost funny that all the rankings, PWR have had UVM in the teens - 20's all year but not INCH. There is something going on their.

I'm thinking that their staff is made up of UML and BC alumni.

Comment

Working...
                                X