Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2009-2010 Official Vermont Season Thread : The Sequel

Originally posted by Cat lover View Post
    We will if you put up one for blowing 3 goal leads and losing out on a reg season title.
    I hope UVM fans enjoy their last weekend of hockey next weekend.
    Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
      I hope UVM fans enjoy their last weekend of hockey next weekend.
      I'm sure this was meant to be spiteful but, yeah, that's the reality of it. We've got our hands full. As another poster commented, if we play like we did the last two games, we'll be going home pretty quickly. I didn't see either game and only listened to one, but it sounds like we didn't bring it against UML.

On the plus side, there's so much parity in Hockey East that an 8 seed beating the 1 seed isn't at all unrealistic. We played great at UNH a few weeks ago. If we do it again, and get some breaks, we'll be headed to the Garden.

Comment

Originally posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
        I'm sure this was meant to be spiteful but, yeah, that's the reality of it. We've got our hands full. As another poster commented, if we play like we did the last two games, we'll be going home pretty quickly. I didn't see either game and only listened to one, but it sounds like we didn't bring it against UML.

On the plus side, there's so much parity in Hockey East that an 8 seed beating the 1 seed isn't at all unrealistic. We played great at UNH a few weeks ago. If we do it again, and get some breaks, we'll be headed to the Garden.
        UVM is a tough matchup for UNH, there's no doubt about that. I think you guys win a game, but ultimately fall in 3. They play so well at the Whitt, especially in the third period.

I guess we'll see what happens. Good luck.

Comment

We will if you put up one for blowing 3 goal leads and losing out on a reg season title.
          Did you guys put up a banner for blowing a late lead in the NCAA semis?

Comment

I don't understand how this team goes from playing so well the prior two weekends to basically not showing up after the first period friday.

I actually felt like they were peaking nicely but if they were it sure was short lived.

Can't figure them out. These were do or die games and I'm disappointed with the effort that they apparently put on the ice

They clearly need stacey back but no news on when that migh happen.

Glad they got into the playoffs and I hope they put up a better fight next weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by snwbrdr View Post
              I don't understand how this team goes from playing so well the prior two weekends to basically not showing up after the first period friday.

I actually felt like they were peaking nicely but if they were it sure was short lived.

Can't figure them out. These were do or die games and I'm disappointed with the effort that they apparently put on the ice

Glad they got into the playoffs and I hope they put up a better fight next weekend.
              They are a mystery. Spring break, I believe, this week...so no excuses for school interfering with prep time for UNH.
              Remember the 5 "S's" of hockey - Speed, Size, Strength, Skill and Smarts - The more you have of these, the higher level you get to go to....

Comment

all the "fans" that just get on here are sh*t on uvm appaul me. uvm is a great team that shows up for the big games. what's the worst is that if things go positive this weekend i'm sure all you guys will be back to praise them. pick a side.

Comment

Originally posted by snwbrdr View Post

I watched both games on D2 and UVM started out well Friday but when McCarthy made that trunover and UML tied the game they never(we have seen this before)were able to get it going again. Also give UML credit for not letting VT get good rushes deep into the zone as they glogged up the blue line very well late Fri and most of Sat. BU and UNH let or were not able to stop Vt and it showed in those games.
                  New Arena New Arena where for art thou New Arena

Comment

Originally posted by uschokid View Post
                    uvm is a great team that shows up for the big games.
                    uhhhhh, you mean except this weekend, right?

Comment

Originally posted by uschokid View Post
                      uvm is a great team
                      nope
                      that shows up for the big games.
                      nope.

great start, buddy!

Comment

Originally posted by UMLGoon View Post
                        nope nope.

great start, buddy!
                        Go back to your own thread. I suspect both our seasons will end next weekend anyway, so you might as well start up your offseason thread.

Comment

Originally posted by UMLGoon View Post
                          \
                          great start, buddy!
                          Someday he will be as great as you......

Looks like you have an apprentice.....god save us.
                          Originally posted by Hokydad
                          Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
                            god save us.
                            God*
                            Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                            Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                            Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                              God*
                              UScho.com

I think that allows us the freedom of religion and if I want to say god I can. You are free to use darwin and newton if you like.
                              Originally posted by Hokydad
                              Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
                                On another note, BurlingtonFreePress is reporting a new commit for next year, it is rather surprising to me a D-man. I was expecting a forward to replace Milo, but a D-man is replacing who....................

I'm guessing Medvec, or is Burrows moving back to Forward for good????
                                Or Miller as he went to the Blackhawks development camp last summer. Plus, Brian Burke of Maple Leafs was at the UML game on Saturday night...probably watching Irwin but Miller is his type of player. Hopefully Burrows stays at forward next season as he goes 100% all the time. Plus, if he is left at forward, he could be moved to D if injuries happen next season like with the forwards this year.

Originally posted by funnnnn View Post
                                Refs put the whistles away both ways, though they did call the obvious one in OT against Irwin.

Got to think that if UVM plays like they did the last two nights against UNH, the season is over.

Hoping that they play more like they did against BU.
                                Not sure what the deal is with this UVM team. I believe they will play better vs. UNH than what they showed this past weekend vs. UML. In my mind, there is something about playing teams that have name recognition, that UVM seems to "show up". This season these teams would be Denver, Boston College, New Hampshire and Boston University. Against pretty much every one else, they tended to play to the level of that team or didn't bother to show up. This is totally unacceptable for any team/group of players to do this but these guys managed to do it this year.

Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
                                UVM is a tough matchup for UNH, there's no doubt about that. I think you guys win a game, but ultimately fall in 3. They play so well at the Whitt, especially in the third period.
                                I think UVM wins the Saturday game for sure. If they pull off an upset on Friday night then they will win in 2. Most likely, they lose game 1, win game 2 and game 3...depends on injuries and goalie play.

I watched both games on D2 and UVM started out well Friday but when McCarthy made that trunover and UML tied the game they never(we have seen this before)were able to get it going again.
                                All season long, UVM lacked that "go to" guy like Torrey Mitchell and most recently Vic Stalberg who can answer the bell when a bad play ends up in the UVM net. Irwin wanted to be that guy but has proven to be too inconsistent, Downing started out the year as maybe that guy, Milo was that guy but he is gone.

Next year I am thinking that guy (those guys) will be McCarthy and Stalberg, perhaps Burrows, perhaps Downing or perhaps someone like Connor Brickley.
                                Remember the 5 "S's" of hockey - Speed, Size, Strength, Skill and Smarts - The more you have of these, the higher level you get to go to....

Comment

Working...
                                X