Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2009-2010 Official Vermont Season Thread : The Sequel

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
    To be fair, UMLFan is pretty decent poster. He usually contributes to a thread. And although it seems like its all UML fans that are morons, it's only actually a few led by their team leader UMLGoon.

On another note, BurlingtonFreePress is reporting a new commit for next year, it is rather surprising to me a D-man. I was expecting a forward to replace Milo, but a D-man is replacing who....................

I'm guessing Medvec, or is Burrows moving back to Forward for good????
    I thought they would have already replaced Milo... wasn't he a senior academically?

Comment

Originally posted by bottomdweller View Post
      I thought they would have already replaced Milo... wasn't he a senior academically?
      But he still had a year of eligibility. I am not sure what the plan was, but he could have stayed and played. Although even a minor league baseball contract is good incentive to bolt. But basically my understanding was he was going to be around another year.

Looking at commits and the roster you are probably correct that they had already accounted for the loss of Milo.
      Originally posted by Hokydad
      Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

team leader, eh? finally some richly deserved recognition!

Comment

Originally posted by UMLGoon View Post
          team leader, eh? finally some richly deserved recognition!
          Hey Goon we missed you during your teams annual mid-season slump, when you and the rest of the UML fans disappeared from our thread. At least the BC guys didnt run and hide when ever thier team lost a game.
          New Arena New Arena where for art thou New Arena

Comment

Looks like I'll be seeing some of you (hopefully not too many, nothing personal) next weekend. Travel safe, and all that . . . and I hope you go home disappointed on Saturday night (or Sunday morning), but I won't be shocked to be at the Whitt again Sunday at 7pm.

Anybody wants info on the Durham area (lodging, food, drinking) let me know, here, the playoff thread, or via message.
            I haven't been on here in a year...
            Now I'm a dad. Holy crap.

Comment

Trying to follow from afar at another game... So indulge me, please.

Judging by last post UVM is in and goes to Maine? Yes?
              St. Norbert College Green Knights
              NCHA regular season champs: 97-99, 02-08, 10-12, 14, 16, 19
              NCHA playoff champs: 98-99, 03-05, 07-08, 10-14, 17-19, 24
              NCAA Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
              ---
              SNC women: 2013 O'Brien Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by GB Puck Fan View Post
                Trying to follow from afar at another game... So indulge me, please.

Judging by last post UVM is in and goes to Maine? Yes?
                UVM is in as #8, travels to play #1 UNH.

Matchups:

#8 UVM at #1 UNH
                #7 UMA at #2 BC
                #6 MC at #3 BU
                #5 UML at #4 Maine

#9 NU - 1 point out
                #10 PC - 10 points out.
                I haven't been on here in a year...
                Now I'm a dad. Holy crap.

Comment

Many thanks!
                  St. Norbert College Green Knights
                  NCHA regular season champs: 97-99, 02-08, 10-12, 14, 16, 19
                  NCHA playoff champs: 98-99, 03-05, 07-08, 10-14, 17-19, 24
                  NCAA Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
                  ---
                  SNC women: 2013 O'Brien Cup Champions

Comment

Three goal weekend. Yikes. Many thanks to bu for allowing us to back into the playoffs. Thankful to be in though and have another shot at unh

Very interested in game reports from the uvm fans that attended. I am away and did not have radio...

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by snwbrdr View Post
                      Three goal weekend. Yikes. Many thanks to bu for allowing us to back into the playoffs. Thankful to be in though and have another shot at unh

Very interested in game reports from the uvm fans that attended. I am away and did not have radio...

Thanks
                      That was seriously the worst overall games from two team I've seen in a while. However, congrats to UVM for taking advantage of the refs putting the whistles away in the third. Lowell should have, but did not.

Comment

Congrats to UVM for making the playoffs.

Is it safe to assume you'll be raising a banner for getting the 8 seed? Big accomplishment!!!

Wouldn't be surprised to see UVM give UNH a lot of trouble next weekend, to be honest. It's going 3 games...
                        Originally posted by reBlur
                        the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Refs put the whistles away both ways, though they did call the obvious one in OT against Irwin.

Got to think that if UVM plays like they did the last two nights against UNH, the season is over.

Hoping that they play more like they did against BU.

Who's making the trek to the WHIT?

I will be there!
                          Watching UVM hockey from afar.....

Comment

Originally posted by unhpuckfan2001 View Post
                            UVM is in as #8, travels to play #1 UNH.

Matchups:

#8 UVM at #1 UNH
                            #7 UMA at #2 BC
                            #6 MC at #3 BU
                            #5 UML at #4 Maine

#9 NU - 1 point out
                            #10 PC - 10 points out.
                            Ahh, the big four are back on top again....never would have thought it would fall out this way in pre-season.

Comment

Originally posted by snwbrdr View Post

Thanks
                              Didn't go to Friday but inquired on how Madore looked because of my concern of him logging so many minutes and in so many pressure situations. Someone reported back he was fighting the puck and although he played well tonight and got a lot of praise I thought he fought the puck at times in this game as well. A few that he should have handled cleaner, a few that found his armpit and just went wide, and a couple juicy rebounds that the defenseman were able to jump on. The one goal was a pp side to side at the crease play so no fault of his so by no means can you complain with one goal against. Hope they give him some rest this week.

All in all not an overexciting game considering the magnitude. The Holmstrom hit from behind should have only been two IMO as Miller was turning sharply to his back hand side when the contact was made. Actually found myself watching the score update in the arena on BU-NU, went from 3-3 to 4-3, but then took forever to go final. Stalberg, Burrows, Lawson, and Mackenzie played well and to some degree the other defenseman. Those four should be the leaders next season as they are playing the best in critical situations. They need to utilize Lawson's shot more on the right point where he can one time it. Stalberg has impressed me, he never takes a shift off and is a factor in every shift. I like his effort and he has seemingly gotten better game to game. Macarthy and Pacan had some mental giveaways tonight that turned into 2 on 1's the other way. The fourth line didn't see many minutes but had a tough time getting out of the zone when they did play. Miller made a real nice play on the Stalberg goal, faking the shot and taking it along the right wing boards wide finding Stalberg on the left wing face off dot but then he almost gave the game away in OT. Guys looked tired and beat up a little, I think an extra day off this week could be helpful. It's all mental and what level of effort do you want to give in this next season.

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                                Congrats to UVM for making the playoffs.

Is it safe to assume you'll be raising a banner for getting the 8 seed? Big accomplishment!!!
                                We will if you put up one for blowing 3 goal leads and losing out on a reg season title.
                                New Arena New Arena where for art thou New Arena

Comment

Working...
                                X