2009-2010 Official Vermont Season Thread : The Sequel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2009-2010 Official Vermont Season Thread : The Sequel

Seems they are very much on the bubble and will remain that way until tthe end unless they lose out, should b some great hockey this weekend

I hope the cats show up and bing their A game. Revenge..... And go maine also for insurance. It can't get here fast enough

Comment

One good thing this year is they most likely wont have a weak CHA team stealing the 15th or 16th spot, as Bemidji is tied for 4th in pairwise and should we hope win the CHA tourney so the CHA heaven forbid would not get 2 bids.
      New Arena New Arena where for art thou New Arena

Comment

Originally posted by Ogilthorpe View Post
        Can't wait til' the weekend, might try to make at least one game...hope they're still servin' up cold one's at Tsongas.
        Have a safe trip down if you do, and yes, we still serve.
        Gary

www.umlhockey.com
        Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
        "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
        KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

If you didn't get to see Viktor Stalberg's goal against Tim Thomas last night,
          here's a link to that video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shlzvtN1MX4
          GaryH - UVM Class of '73
          "Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." - Groucho Marx

Comment

Originally posted by GaryH View Post
            If you didn't get to see Viktor Stalberg's goal against Tim Thomas last night,
            here's a link to that video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shlzvtN1MX4
            He and Kessel should get a chance down the stretch to see what that kind of combined speed can produce.

Same line-up as Sunday for tonight, Herrington in again as the 6th D. Which team comes out more physical has the upper hand here....of course assuming that doesn't mean a parade to the box. Wonder if they'll keep the blacks on tonight after wearing them for both games last weekend. Hope Madore is able to withstand this onslaught of minutes. Teams are coming at him hard too to try to shake him up and continue to wear him out. Keep in mind he also is less able to get rests in practice without the third goalie. I know some will criticize a couple of goals over the past couple weekends but I think he's been solid, has kept them in parts of games, and is as much a reason for the recent success as anyone.

Comment

maybe y'all shouldn't've kicked one j. milo off the team. mighta popped in more than two, given up less than five. think about it!

Comment

Ha... a Lowell win tomorrow and UVM's season is over. How perfect.

Comment

awful quiet in here, gals. what's the situation?

Comment

Must win tonight!
                    Watching UVM hockey from afar.....

Comment

yup, pretty simple, gotta win this game. Can't rely on a NU loss. Think I'll take the trip down and take in the breath of fresh air from lovely Lowell Massachusetts. Didn't see or hear tonight's game, a little disappointed of course but knew uml was tough. Would be interested to hear how Madore played as I've been concerned his workload might be a factor in a goal against here and there. Obviously they've had no other options to get him some rest since xmas. I have faith they'll play hard and do all they can to get the 2 points, just remains to be seen if that's good enough.

Comment

I have faith they'll play hard and do all they can to get the 2 points, just remains to be seen if that's good enough.
                        it sure wasn't tonight. you bozos got straight clowned.

Comment

yup, pretty simple, gotta win this game. Can't rely on a NU loss. Think I'll take the trip down and take in the breath of fresh air from lovely Lowell Massachusetts. Didn't see or hear tonight's game, a little disappointed of course but knew uml was tough. Would be interested to hear how Madore played as I've been concerned his workload might be a factor in a goal against here and there. Obviously they've had no other options to get him some rest since xmas. I have faith they'll play hard and do all they can to get the 2 points, just remains to be seen if that's good enough.
                          Madore did not look good. He was fighting the puck all night and looked even more shaky after giving up 3 goals in under 6 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by bottomdweller View Post
                            Madore did not look good. He was fighting the puck all night and looked even more shaky after giving up 3 goals in under 6 minutes.
                            To be fair, he was left out to dry by his D a bit as well.

I thought UVM played pretty well last night for the first period. They were beat to every puck to start the second, and then they got Irwin's goal which was a great shot, Hutton never even saw it. But that seemed to wake up Lowell, and from that point on, UVM just didn't have an answer. With how meaningful this game is to both teams tonight ... this should definitely be a barn burner.
                            Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                            2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                            2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                            2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                            2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                              To be fair, he was left out to dry by his D a bit as well.

I thought UVM played pretty well last night for the first period. They were beat to every puck to start the second, and then they got Irwin's goal which was a great shot, Hutton never even saw it. But that seemed to wake up Lowell, and from that point on, UVM just didn't have an answer. With how meaningful this game is to both teams tonight ... this should definitely be a barn burner.
                              Thanks for some actual hockey talk, as opposed to idiotic gloating. Nice post

Comment

Originally posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
                                Thanks for some actual hockey talk, as opposed to idiotic gloating. Nice post
                                To be fair, UMLFan is pretty decent poster. He usually contributes to a thread. And although it seems like its all UML fans that are morons, it's only actually a few led by their team leader UMLGoon.

On another note, BurlingtonFreePress is reporting a new commit for next year, it is rather surprising to me a D-man. I was expecting a forward to replace Milo, but a D-man is replacing who....................

I'm guessing Medvec, or is Burrows moving back to Forward for good????
                                Originally posted by Hokydad
                                Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Working...
                                X