2009-2010 Official Vermont Season Thread : The Sequel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2009-2010 Official Vermont Season Thread : The Sequel

Been off the blog for a bit - been tyring to piece this mystery together.

Anyone know how Wah's got hurt? What exactly is his injury?
    Was it during a game? Was it during practice? Just curious.

Comment

Originally posted by goREBER View Post
      Been off the blog for a bit - been tyring to piece this mystery together.

Anyone know how Wah's got hurt? What exactly is his injury?
      Was it during a game? Was it during practice? Just curious.
      High Ankle sprain in practice???
      Originally posted by Hokydad
      Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Is that a fact or a question? If FACT, how did he get that high ankle sprain? Is he too out for the season? Just curious.

Comment

Sounds to me like Stacey is done for the season, particularly with the season seemingly over two weeks and two days from this evening unless they somehow pull it together or Mack falls apart, which seems unlikely with the confidence boost that UVM handed them last weekend

Sounds like Milo was just a cancer, that is what I am hearing from the side channels. As a coach or boss you can only take so much before you have to take action and truncate the source of the problem.

I suspect grantfan is a relation or close friend of Milo's and we'll see his posting fade away soon enough and go to a Yankee minor league blog instead

Doubt it has much impact on recruiting. Sneddon's coaching resume shows a lengthy and solid body of work that will not be undermined by one sub par season. Keep in mind - they are still tied for 9th in PWR last I knew. Had they made a few timely saves or had a little puck luck we'd be talking a battle for the last home ice plaoff slot and high 3rd seed in the tournament. While in my heart I feel it is over without their #2 and #3 scorers on the ice and short a healthy forward to skate four full lines - it may not be over yet.

Comment

Originally posted by snwbrdr View Post
            I suspect grantfan is a relation or close friend of Milo's and we'll see his posting fade away soon enough and go to a Yankee minor league blog instead
            Sorry to blow his cover, but (g)ra(n)tfan is Mr. Milo.
            Like a turkey at Thanksgiving, I'm stuffed

Comment

Originally posted by hockeymascot View Post
              If true, that kinda puts things into perspective, eh? Like father, like son?

Would hokydad, by any chance, happen to be another relative?
              'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

I have a close friend who's parents, and she, are closely involved with the Cornell Hockey program. When this all came up regarding Milo, I asked her about him. Her exact words:

"Justin was a locker room cancer. He's lazy, selfish, and entitled. His father is a pushy pain in the ***. Justin saves himself and leaves his teammates out to dry."

She went on to explain that he left Cornell to play at a school with a baseball program, and most of the issues that Coach Schaeffer had with Justin were regarding his lack of attention to hockey, whenever there was something baseball related to occupy his attention. Her comments about locker room problems, and his father, are from speaking directly to other Cornell players at the time. They were not sad to see him go, but Schaeffer tries to run a tight ship and they weren't going to "run him out of town."

This does not mean that the same thing happened at UVM and with Coach Sneddon, but it sheds a little more light onto Milo's personality.

Best of luck moving forward, "other 'Cats."
                I haven't been on here in a year...
                Now I'm a dad. Holy crap.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeymascot View Post
                  Any proof?

Comment

Originally posted by unhpuckfan2001 View Post
                    Any proof?
                    Yes. As a matter of fact, his alias back then was "dilligaf"! Good luck to the outstanding UVM hockey fans. Your program is in good hands moving forward.
                    Like a turkey at Thanksgiving, I'm stuffed

Comment

Originally posted by goREBER View Post
                      Is that a fact or a question? If FACT, how did he get that high ankle sprain? Is he too out for the season? Just curious.
                      It's what I have heard, i.e. rumor not fact. Its just reported as a lower body injury and he is listed out indefinitely. Try e-mailing him.

On another note with regards to the Milo situation, Ted Ryan has given USCHO Fan Forum a plug and a bit of a reprimand to the posters for all the speculation. Well Ted, thanks for your opinion, maybe you could dig up a little info and see how much of the speculation is correct. A phone call to previous coaches ?? Cornell? His USHL teams where he never spent more then a full season ?? Help us out.

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
                        Ted Ryan has given USCHO Fan Forum a plug and a bit of a reprimand to the posters for all the speculation. Well Ted, thanks for your opinion, maybe you could dig up a little info and see how much of the speculation is correct. A phone call to previous coaches ?? Cornell? His USHL teams where he never spent more then a full season ?? Help us out.
                        Where?

Comment

Originally posted by unhpuckfan2001 View Post
                          Where?
                          http://uvmsports.wordpress.com/2010/...on-no-winners/

"Instead, alternative scenarios have been advanced in the Free Press’ online reader reaction and on college hockey Web sites, such as the USCHO.com fan forum."

"Nobody wins in these situations; not the player, who no longer has a team; not the coach, whose reputation is on the line; not the team, which loses a talented player and faces possible internal strife; not the university, which is thrust into a negative spotlight; not even the public when rumors and innuendo might be far worse than the actual reasons"

It's not so much a reprimand really, just saying (and he is right) that this type of speculation really doesn't help anyone.

Comment

There is a saying that is just about in every locker room. It basically says " What is said here, stays here" Now if Coach Sneddon were to break that how would he have the trust of the rest of his players ever again. There is no way he removes Milo without just cause, without talking to the AD, his other coaches and most likely his Captains and team leaders to see if this is the best move for the team. The team has to come first. If Milo was not being being accountable for what he needed to be accounatable for then he had to go. Especially if that was having a negative influence. There is another saying that if your best player is your hardest worker its great. If he is primadonna who expects entitlements its a nightmare. This is big boy hockey. Everything I have read with regards to Coach Sneddon and his staff is how they preach team first accountability. So to speculate for all, is of course a little morbid fun but my specualtion is this. If all the facts and truths were to come out people would have a lot more respect for Coach Sneddon and his staff and a whole lot less for Milo. Sneddon is showing his players again, by taking the apporoach he has, that he is all about the team. That is why he is a great coach and why even if turns out to be a tough year the future is very bright for Vermont Hockey.

Comment

Back to the games. Line-ups out for tonight.

vock-irwin-stalberg
                              downing-rohloff-roos
                              burrows-higgins-pacan
                              albertson-marshall-leonard
                              macK-miller
                              cullity-franzon
                              medvec-lawson
                              madore

only one not dressed is herrington...and spillane

not a daunting line-up but hey they're all D1 college hockey players with talent so combine that with a bunch of effort and a little luck and they can beat any of the 11 teams in hockey east, no question.

will be interested to see how hard they play this weekend. I'm optimistic they'll come out with a purpose this weekend and grab some points.

Comment

You throw Albertson, who will want to prove something, and Leonard on the forecheck and Marshall the third guy high and I predict they contribute a goal tonight.

The third line is certainly interesting. Higgins will need to pick up his game and I expect he will being from NH and getting a chance at more minutes with the end of his career within sight.

The defense will have to be aware of their angles on this bigger sheet too. Don't want to give up breakaways up the middle or get caught giving too much space outside...it's a tough balance and it's all about angles and spacing yourself properly. Hopefully Madore is feeling fresh, he's logged a lot of minutes in this second half.

Let's get 2!

Comment

Working...
                                X