Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2009-2010 Official Vermont Season Thread : The Sequel

Originally posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
    Actually, I think we're tied for 7th (for now), and tied for 12th in pairwise. No need to raise a banner, but we're doing just fine thanks.
    Being tied for 7th in HEA is doing just fine?

Wow.
    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
    Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
    Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

6th by winning %. At this point there's no better way to do it, IMO. NU has played 4 more league games than UVM and they are just 1 point up on UVM. I'm not going to give NU credit for having 1 extra pt with 4 extra games played and say they are in 6th place.

Call it a little charity for you guys rather than say you're in 7th place.

They're even looking up in the standings at.... UML! Ouch.
      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
        6th by winning %. At this point there's no better way to do it, IMO. NU has played 4 more league games than UVM and they are just 1 point up on UVM. I'm not going to give NU credit for having 1 extra pt with 4 extra games played and say they are in 6th place.

Call it a little charity for you guys rather than say you're in 7th place.

They're even looking up in the standings at.... UML! Ouch.
        Listen, I know this level of thinking is tough on you BC fans but look where UVM is....7th place. That means should the season end today they would play in the first round of the HE playoffs BC. Now considering UVM won the season series with BC I would say that's exactly where they want to be. Should you fella's move up into first, I'm sure we can drop back to 8th, or move up should the BC start to sink. comprende amigo??
        Originally posted by Hokydad
        Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
          Listen, I know this level of thinking is tough on you BC fans...
          It's tough for me to think at such a low level for long periods of time... gotta stretch the mind from time to time, you know? Try it out.

Comment

When was the last time UVM beat BC in the postseason?

Getting UVM in the HE playoffs is like a bye for BC.

I'm sure UVM WANTS to get BC in the first round so they can make an early exit. You know, hope they don't take a big PWR hit and get matched up with Yale and Air Force. That's the real goal.
            The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

When was the last time UVM beat BC in the postseason?

Getting UVM in the HE playoffs is like a bye for BC.

I'm sure UVM WANTS to get BC in the first round so they can make an early exit. You know, hope they don't take a big PWR hit and get matched up with Yale and Air Force. That's the real goal.

Where were all you BC guys during your teams resent 3 game losing streak?

As usual you only come here when you are winning, and when you are not winning you disappear.
              New Arena New Arena where for art thou New Arena

Comment

Originally posted by Cat lover View Post
                Where were all you BC guys during your teams resent 3 game losing streak?

As usual you only come here when you are winning, and when you are not winning you disappear.
                Actually, we only came because jcarter and his aliases were trolling our thread.

Comment

Also, why would we go into another team's thread to brag when we're losing? That seems kind of stupid to me.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                    Actually, we only came because jcarter and his aliases were trolling our thread.
                    Don't pin this on me, I posted one actual legitimate post and then everyone started throwing a hissy fit. And despite what you deluded little brain thinks I have only ONE user name.

Also, BC is now my second favorite team, so it's not trolling anymore, I'm a fan.
                    Last edited by jcarter7669; 01-21-2010, 03:12 PM.

Comment

SIXTH PLACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Raise a banner!!!!!!!!!!
                      YAWN!!!!!!

I see the one trick pony is back.
                      New Arena New Arena where for art thou New Arena

Comment

Don't pin this on me, I posted one actual legitimate post
                        Really? Maybe in the history of your posting you've had one "actual legitimate post"...

What exactly do the HE standings have to do with being a national contender? I mean UNH is in first but they can't beat anyone out of conference? So despite being better then BC in HE, they would likely lose even to Yale or AFA. I don't see where one is dependent on the other. Could you explain that to be oh wise and all knowing Nick.
                        Awww, thanks Nick. And Nick please thank the BC team from me personally for letting a clearly inferior team take 2 of 3 from them. That's just downright generous of them. I suppose SLU and DU also are thankful, for BC bowing out of the Denver Cup and giving them a chance. You know what, due to the generosity and compassion showed from BC, I am deciding they will be my second favorite team. And, since I have now become a fan, I guess that means I will do a lot more posting here. Even better, it won't even be "trolling" anymore. I am sure you are all very excited.

Now, what about BU, they really aren't very good and BC should beat them easily, but the last time BC played a televised game against BU...well hopefully things will be different this time.
                        sometimes twice........
                        Oh I have become a BC fan so it's not trolling, now go back to the ME thread hypocrit and mind your own business.....troll
                        hypocrit : a combination of liar,moron and hypocrite...

It would appear you are the ignorant one....this is actually from the "urban dictionary" so I am not surprised someone from Maine wasn't in the know.

"In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response[1] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion."

It simply doesn't fit. I'm not trying to get an emotional response from anyone, nor am I trying to disrupt normal discussion. I was only responding to others post. Your accusation of being a troll actually makes you more of a troll then me.

DNFTT
                        Good for you, here's one for you :
                        http://www.merriam-webster.com/
                        Wrong : the state, position, or fact of being or doing wrong: as a : the state of being mistaken or incorrect b : the state of being guilty

Example : TrueBlueBalls is wrong despite his apparent conviction.

Yes, well, I’m polymerized tree sap and you’re an inorganic adhesive, so whatever verbal projectile you launch in my direction is reflected off of me, returns to its original trajectory and adheres to you.
                        Irony, come now Nick, there are parts in ME that make the backwoods of VT look like NYC on New Year's Eve.
                        Yeah, but you're not a troll or anything.
                        Last edited by TonyTheTiger20; 01-21-2010, 08:50 PM.

Comment

Hendrickson picked UMASS to sweep.

UVM will be looking for some retribution I hope. Both teams need better than a split for the PWR so it should be a battle both games

UVM knows they have to bring their A game to be competitive. They should know that coasting = getting crushed

I think a split is a good guess although I EXPECT better from UVM. UVM tends to play better on the second night of a two game series.

It should boil down to moving their feet, effort, effort, effort, and a decent outing from the goaltender each night.

Comment

Originally posted by snwbrdr View Post

UVM will be looking for some retribution I hope. Both teams need better than a split for the PWR so it should be a battle both games

UVM knows they have to bring their A game to be competitive. They should know that coasting = getting crushed

I think a split is a good guess although I EXPECT better from UVM. UVM tends to play better on the second night of a two game series.

It should boil down to moving their feet, effort, effort, effort, and a decent outing from the goaltender each night.

Interesting point, there is actually a Ted Ryan article talking about that exact thing. I think it was the last 5 times UVM lost the first game they one the second, and only once did they lose the second night when winning the first night. So, UVM really needs to come out strong on Saturday and get that first win. This is an important series, its all HE from here on out and points are important league wise, as well as PWR. Oddly the big series PWR right now is against MC. I think that can swing 2-3 PW wins if UVM were to sweep, but I digress.

Also, Ted mentioned that UVM was swept once in the last 7 season series. Typically they get the split, so I think Hendrickson ultimately was picking out of his butt rather then looking at how teams typically and respond.

Madore has settled as of recent, so hopelfully he is ready to make a run and the offense gets some momentum going after the 9-2 whooping of NU last weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by snwbrdr View Post

I love it that Hendrickson picks us to be swept! That's usually good for 3 or 4 points. Actually, this is the type of series where we usually play pretty well--i.e., on the road as a considerable underdog. See last year against BU, this year against Denver, and a couple of years ago (or a few??) against Minnesota Duluth.

I agree, a split sounds likely, but I can also see us taking three, maybe four points. Hopefully, Madore and the defense will be solid and the offense can pick up where it left off last weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
                                I love it that Hendrickson picks us to be swept! That's usually good for 3 or 4 points.
                                Hendrickson is a clownshoe. He picked BC to finish 8th in Hockey East this year if I recall correctly? Like I said... clownshoe (not as much as his buddy Weighart though).

Comment

Working...
                                X