Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2009-2010 Official Vermont Season Thread : The Sequel

Originally posted by BeloBrasil View Post
    As for UMD I did not see them play, BUT they had a better overall record than UVM, a better in-conference record than UVM, they finished higher in their conference standings than UVM and based on the totality of their season they (or perhaps Maine) should have been given the nod over UVM.
    And they also lost to UVM ......

Of course it was one game, but then again you saw every HE team play 1-2 games and thought that was enough to base your opinion on.......
    Originally posted by Hokydad
    Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

First and foremost the word is spelled "judgment". You misspelled the word twice.

As for UVM I saw them play twice in person. Admittedly not a lot, but enough to know they were underserving of a bid. I saw every team in Hockey East play this year and based upon my observations of each team and the quality of their play, UVM's inability to win more than nine in-conference games, UVM's inability to beat Merrimack (not a strong team) or UMass-Lowell (a marginal team); the manner in which they sank like a lead weight late in the season, the manner in which they had to claw their way into eighth place, and their overall languid performance this past season it is clear they were simply undeserving of a bid. What else is there to say?

As for UMD I did not see them play, BUT they had a better overall record than UVM, a better in-conference record than UVM, they finished higher in their conference standings than UVM and based on the totality of their season they (or perhaps Maine) should have been given the nod over UVM.

So, Carmine, never let the facts get in the way of your argument (garlic eater)!

You are so right why waste a spot in the NCAA's on Vermont when they can give 2 spots to Cornell so they might have a better chance to get out of the first round for a change.

Talk about wasting births.

Vermont was 3-0 vs the ECAC, three teams that Cornell were 2-3-1 versus.

When was the last time a ECAC team won the NCAA's?

Lets have Cornell play UNH,BC,BU and Maine 3 times a year and see how good its record is.
      New Arena New Arena where for art thou New Arena

Comment

Season is over, this thread has 38 more posts (37 after I hit the submit tab) before it can be locked up.

Sign of UVM becoming a legit program : the USCHO fan forum went through 3 in-season threads whereas in the past, maybe got in half of 2. Thanks to all the BC and UML fans (and lately, Cornell) that helped UVM acheive this break through.
        Remember the 5 "S's" of hockey - Speed, Size, Strength, Skill and Smarts - The more you have of these, the higher level you get to go to....

Comment

Originally posted by observer85 View Post
          Season is over, this thread has 38 more posts (37 after I hit the submit tab) before it can be locked up.

Sign of UVM becoming a legit program : the USCHO fan forum went through 3 in-season threads whereas in the past, maybe got in half of 2. Thanks to all the BC and UML fans (and lately, Cornell) that helped UVM acheive this break through.
          I think it warrants raising a banner
          Originally posted by Hokydad
          Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by True Blue Fan View Post
            Belo the word is undeserving not underserving. If you are going to be a grammar horse, you ought to make sure your post is crisp and clean.
            It is called a "typo" mope and I would think even a bottom feeder like you would be able to discern the difference. The garlic eater misspelled the word twice and I called him on it. It helps if you actually think things through and separate the typographical errors from actual misspellings. I never call people out on transposition errors and other typing mistakes. I only point out actual incidences of ignorance. Try taking the higher road next time.
            Last edited by BeloBrasil; 03-31-2010, 02:44 PM.
            "Love means never having to say you are sorry." Oliver Barrett, IV from the movie "Love Story". The cinematic masterpiece that forever immortalizes a CORNELL victory over CRIMSON vermin!

Comment

Originally posted by GreenCat View Post
              Clearly you are not a Cornell fan.......clutch and grab big and slow. It was so refreshing to watch Yale as apposed to Clutchnell. Maybe that antiquated hockey is why you never make it past the 1st round these days.
              ...and who, pray tell, is singing Cornell's praises? I love my alma mater, but I recognize their boring, lumbering style of play. Too many poutine-eating Canadians is the problem with the Big Red.
              "Love means never having to say you are sorry." Oliver Barrett, IV from the movie "Love Story". The cinematic masterpiece that forever immortalizes a CORNELL victory over CRIMSON vermin!

Comment

Originally posted by Cat lover View Post
                You are so right why waste a spot in the NCAA's on Vermont when they can give 2 spots to Cornell so they might have a better chance to get out of the first round for a change.
                I say again... Who is praising Cornell here? Not me. They looked slow and lumbering last year in their loss to Bemidji State and they looked just as slow and lumbering this year in their loss to UNH. Slag the Red all you want, makes me no never mind.

Comment

As for UVM I saw them play twice in person. Admittedly not a lot, but enough to know they were undeserving of a bid. I saw every team in Hockey East play this year and based upon my observations of each team and the quality of their play, UVM's inability to win more than nine in-conference games, UVM's inability to beat Merrimack (not a strong team) or UMass-Lowell (a marginal team); the manner in which they sank like a lead weight late in the season, the manner in which they had to claw their way into eighth place, and their overall languid performance this past season it is clear they were simply undeserving of a bid. What else is there to say?

So, Carmine, never let the facts get in the way of your argument (garlic eater)!
                  Oh Flip Flop, you're not very bright, are you?

First, nice job getting caught making a spelling error after complaining about someone else's spelling. That's always a good way to raise the white flag that you've lost the argument rather than focusing on the actual substance of the conversation. Two thumbs up for that.

Second, it is absolutely hilarious that you went on and on about your sacred "eye ball test" and then you admit to seeing UVM twice and UMD no times this year. Stop and think about that for two minutes. Then you go on to say you think that is enough to be able to judge the two teams. SURE SURE SURE. That is sad, it's like a UNH fan talking this week about how great the experience of a season is and how they surpassed expectations this year and that's why they're so happy right now despite choking vs. RIT (I think we can all laugh at that one). You look like a buffoon.

You seem to be obsessed with the standings (along with garlic). Which is bizarre. So you're telling us the non-conference slate doesn't matter. Convenient. And now the late games matter more than early season games because it fits into your argument. Also convenient. BUT... you talk about "based on the totality of their season they (or perhaps Maine) should have been given the nod over UVM.". Talk out of both sides of your arse much buddy?!?!!?

Lastly, while you lambast folks who consider the the PWR to be the end all be all, PWR takes into consideration some of the things you mention as why you think UMD deserved a bid, such as "better overall record." Hmmmmm. You're all over the place.

It comes as no surprise to anyone with a brain that you're not a terribly bright fellow.

Good day to you.
                  Last edited by Nick Papagiorgio; 03-31-2010, 03:31 PM.
                  Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                  The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                    It is absolutely hilarious that you went on and on about your sacred "eye ball test" and then you admit to seeing UVM twice and UMD no times this year. Stop and think about that for two minutes. Then you go on to say you think that is enough to be able to judge the two teams. SURE SURE SURE. That is sad, it's like a UNH fan talking this week about how great the experience of a season is and how they surpassed expectations this year and that's why they're so happy right now despite choking vs. RIT (I think we can all laugh at that one).
                    It comes as no surprise to anyone with a brain that you're not a terribly bright fellow.
                    There's an old saying Nick. If it walks like a duck, talks like a duck, and looks like a duck, then chances are it's a duck. Same holds true for UVM. I saw them in person twice (and after watching them I wanted my time back) and I observed how they performed during the year against their fellow Hockey East members all of whom I watched in person. 2009-2010 will not be considered UVM's finest showing as a member of Hockey East.

All I am saying is that if you cannot keep up with the "big dogs" of Hockey East and you cannot beat the "little dogs" of Hockey East (Merrimack and UMass-Lowell) and you can't muster double digit wins in the conference, and you can't break the 20-win mark in your overall record, and you are sitting in NINTH place with one week to go in the season then I submit based on what I SEE (i.e. the totality of the circumstances) that UVM simply did not belong in the tourney.

UMD had better numbers. They were ranked higher than UVM, placed higher in their conference, had more overall wins, broke the sacred 20-win mark, and did NOT lose consistently to Merrimack.

Facts are facts, Nick, and clearly your perception is compromised by your bias. Buy a clue mope!
                    Last edited by BeloBrasil; 03-31-2010, 04:12 PM.

Comment

Blah, blah, blah, look at me I won't give up on this debate.
                      Are you really still at this? Chances are that no matter who you put in there in place of Vermont would have lost to UW anyway.

By the numbers, Vermont deserved to be in and gave a good showing against a FF team.

Let it go tool.

Comment

There's an old saying Nick. If it walks like a duck, talks like a duck, and looks like a duck, then chances are it's a duck. Same holds true for UVM. I saw them in person twice (and after watching them I wanted my time back) and I observed how they performed during the year against their fellow Hockey East members all of whom I watched in person. 2009-2010 will not be considered UVM's finest showing as a member of Hockey East.

All I am saying is that if you cannot keep up with the "big dogs" of Hockey East and you cannot beat the "little dogs" of Hockey East (Merrimack and UMass-Lowell) and you can't muster double digit wins in the conference, and you can't break the 20-win mark in your overall record, and you are sitting in NINTH place with one week to go in the season then I submit based on what I SEE (i.e. the totality of the circumstances) that UVM simply did not belong in the tourney.

UMD had better numbers. They were ranked higher than UVM, placed higher in their conference, had more overall wins, broke the sacred 20-win mark, and did NOT lose consistently to Merrimack.

Facts are facts, Nick, and clearly your perception is compromised by your bias. Buy a clue mope!
                        So do you think UNH was much more deserving than UVM? Both teams pretty much had the same overall record because UNH crapped their pants out of conference (1-5-1 if I remember correctly, that 1 win coming against lowly Dartmouth) while UVM struggled in conference. UNH wasn't exactly playing particularly well in February and March either...you could ask any of their fans that (1-3-1 in the last two weekends of the season before the tournament). Not to mention UVM went to the Whit, a place where no Hockey East team had won all season, and won 2 out of 3 in the HE Quarters, by shutting out an explosive offense like UNH's in two consecutive games. The only real thing that UNH had going for it was that it did well in conference play and won the HE regular season championship. Otherwise, there wasn't much that seperated them from UVM (and the PWR showed that). I do think both UNH and UVM were deserving of their bids, but I don't get why everyone has such an issue with Vermont getting in but no one gripes about UNH.
                        Boston College '12
                        1949 2001 2008 2010 2012

Comment

Originally posted by bcfan131 View Post
                          So do you think UNH was much more deserving than UVM?
                          The Cranston Pee Wee B team is more deserving than UVM. So glad they are out of the ECAC. I hated parking my car at Meehan during games vs. Vermont and praying and hoping that a UVM family didn't move into it during the game.
                          Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

The type of Vermonters that would move into your car in the parking lot are the ones that moved up from Mass, NJ, PA and other states for the free ride and they are NOT the same locals that support the UVM hockey team.

Complete disconnect on that one.

I still don't get why some people are *****ing about UVM getting into the tournament when it's a completely non-subjective measure that they qualified via. End of discussion. Move on.

Comment

Originally posted by snwbrdr View Post
                              The type of Vermonters that would move into your car in the parking lot are the ones that moved up from Mass, NJ, PA and other states for the free ride and they are NOT the same locals that support the UVM hockey team.

Complete disconnect on that one.

I still don't get why some people are *****ing about UVM getting into the tournament when it's a completely non-subjective measure that they qualified via. End of discussion. Move on.

Free ride? Have you seen the in state tuition?

Comment

Belo Brasil sucks at life. Good speller, though!!!

It's fascinating stuff. Eye ball test... 9th place in standings... eye ball test... pwr sucks .... eye ball test... better overall record... eye ball test... only seen them twice and umd 0 times... blah blah blah blah.

Jump into the gorge.
                                Originally posted by reBlur
                                the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Working...
                                X