Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2009-2010 Official Vermont Season Thread : The Sequel

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: 2009-2010 Official Vermont Season Thread : The Sequel

    Originally posted by BeloBrasil View Post
    This is my whole "argument" (though I do not believe I am actually "arguing").
    I wouldn't call what you're doing "arguing" either. More like "diarrhea of the mouth"...

    Your precious eyeball test is cute and that's what I go by when I see enough of some team or player. But, in the end, how many times did you personally see UVM? And how about a team like UMD, which you claim is far superior and deserved a bid? I find it hard to believe since one is an eastern team and one is a western team, that you've seen enough of each to make any judgement. Not to mention I would question your judgement based on the fact that your posts make one wonder if you are huffing fumes before you post.
    Last edited by Carmine Scarpaglia; 03-30-2010, 06:14 PM.
    Originally posted by reBlur
    the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

    Comment


    • Re: 2009-2010 Official Vermont Season Thread : The Sequel

      Once again, I'd like to thank Hockey East for taking these fools out of the ECAC.
      Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

      Comment


      • Re: 2009-2010 Official Vermont Season Thread : The Sequel

        Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
        Once again, I'd like to thank Hockey East for taking these fools out of the ECAC.
        I don't want to defend UVM, but what is Brown's biggest hockey accomplishment?

        Comment


        • Re: 2009-2010 Official Vermont Season Thread : The Sequel

          Only 4 points determined 3rd through 9th place in Hockey East. Any nitpicking as to exact place really underestimates the parity of those 7 teams. Any one of those teams could have represented Hockey East well in the NCAA's. Vermont's out of conference success is what sealed the bid. Another win by any of those teams could have put them in instead. It was that close. Good for UVM to take the chance in scheduling better teams. You should be proud your team took on that challenge.

          Comment


          • Re: 2009-2010 Official Vermont Season Thread : The Sequel

            Originally posted by J.D. View Post
            I don't want to defend UVM, but what is Brown's biggest hockey accomplishment?
            Brown's hockey history is pretty barren, but it takes a real fan to root for a school like Brown. Anyone can be a BC fan just like anyone can be a Yankees fan.
            Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

            Comment


            • Re: 2009-2010 Official Vermont Season Thread : The Sequel

              Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
              Brown's hockey history is pretty barren, but it takes a real fan to root for a school like Brown. Anyone can be a BC fan just like anyone can be a Yankees fan.
              A real fan? If I grew up around the Brown program, went to school there, or worked for them, I'd be a fan. But what other reason would there be? Are you saying you're a Brown fan for a different reason?

              Comment


              • Re: 2009-2010 Official Vermont Season Thread : The Sequel

                Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                A real fan? If I grew up around the Brown program, went to school there, or worked for them, I'd be a fan. But what other reason would there be? Are you saying you're a Brown fan for a different reason?
                No. Following a program like Brown isn't easy most of the time.
                Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

                Comment


                • Re: 2009-2010 Official Vermont Season Thread : The Sequel

                  Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                  Either way, UVM offseason has begun which is a shame, I was hoping you guys could do some damage out there this weekend. Good luck next season to the Catamounts and Sneddon (good, good coach!!).
                  I think this is the only nice thing I've ever heard you say, at least in relation to UVM. You need to be careful with stuff like this--you're going to lose your reputation as an *****hole.

                  Comment


                  • Re: 2009-2010 Official Vermont Season Thread : The Sequel

                    Originally posted by BC/HE View Post
                    Only 4 points determined 3rd through 9th place in Hockey East. Any nitpicking as to exact place really underestimates the parity of those 7 teams. Any one of those teams could have represented Hockey East well in the NCAA's. Vermont's out of conference success is what sealed the bid. Another win by any of those teams could have put them in instead. It was that close. Good for UVM to take the chance in scheduling better teams. You should be proud your team took on that challenge.
                    Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                    You're all over the map here. Yale is anything but pathetic and UMD is solid (one win away from getting in the tourney as 5th in the WCHA).

                    For the most part I like the PWR, but do agree that an 8th place Vermont was not really deserving of a bid based off some non-conference success.
                    Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                    Who cares where they were in the league standings? That determines seedings for the HE playoffs. PWR determines the field/seedings for the NCAA playoffs. What is so hard to figure out here?

                    Huh?? I must be dreaming here. Is this some elaborate prank? Either the BC fans are making some sense here, or awoke in an alternate reality.....

                    Or maybe they all just realize BB is a freaking moron.
                    Originally posted by Hokydad
                    Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

                    Comment


                    • Re: 2009-2010 Official Vermont Season Thread : The Sequel

                      Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
                      Huh?? I must be dreaming here. Is this some elaborate prank? Either the BC fans are making some sense here, or awoke in an alternate reality.....

                      Or maybe they all just realize BB is a freaking moron.
                      Or a relative of grantfan...
                      Remember the 5 "S's" of hockey - Speed, Size, Strength, Skill and Smarts - The more you have of these, the higher level you get to go to....

                      Comment


                      • Re: 2009-2010 Official Vermont Season Thread : The Sequel

                        Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
                        Brown's hockey history is pretty barren, but it takes a real fan to root for a school like Brown. Anyone can be a BC fan just like anyone can be a Yankees fan.
                        Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                        A real fan? If I grew up around the Brown program, went to school there, or worked for them, I'd be a fan. But what other reason would there be? Are you saying you're a Brown fan for a different reason?
                        OK, so you went to Westfield State. Are you even a Westfield State hockey fan? (serious question) If not, why?
                        Fighting the good fight

                        Comment


                        • Re: 2009-2010 Official Vermont Season Thread : The Sequel

                          Originally posted by observer85 View Post
                          Or a relative of grantfan...
                          Speaking of grantfan, he must be proud that Irwin was signed and immediately brought right up to the Maple Leafs organization. No Walter Brown Award, but hey an NHL contract.....

                          On another note, I really was skeptical that he had an affiliation with Milo, but his absence since Milo's dismissal has me wondering.....
                          Originally posted by Hokydad
                          Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

                          Comment


                          • Re: 2009-2010 Official Vermont Season Thread : The Sequel

                            Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                            Your precious eyeball test is cute and that's what I go by when I see enough of some team or player. But, in the end, how many times did you personally see UVM? And how about a team like UMD, which you claim is far superior and deserved a bid? I find it hard to believe since one is an eastern team and one is a western team, that you've seen enough of each to make any judgement. Not to mention I would question your judgement based on the fact that your posts make one wonder if you are huffing fumes before you post.
                            First and foremost the word is spelled "judgment". You misspelled the word twice.

                            As for UVM I saw them play twice in person. Admittedly not a lot, but enough to know they were undeserving of a bid. I saw every team in Hockey East play this year and based upon my observations of each team and the quality of their play, UVM's inability to win more than nine in-conference games, UVM's inability to beat Merrimack (not a strong team) or UMass-Lowell (a marginal team); the manner in which they sank like a lead weight late in the season, the manner in which they had to claw their way into eighth place, and their overall languid performance this past season it is clear they were simply undeserving of a bid. What else is there to say?

                            As for UMD I did not see them play, BUT they had a better overall record than UVM, a better in-conference record than UVM, they finished higher in their conference standings than UVM and based on the totality of their season they (or perhaps Maine) should have been given the nod over UVM.

                            So, Carmine, never let the facts get in the way of your argument (garlic eater)!
                            Last edited by BeloBrasil; 03-31-2010, 02:28 PM.
                            "Love means never having to say you are sorry." Oliver Barrett, IV from the movie "Love Story". The cinematic masterpiece that forever immortalizes a CORNELL victory over CRIMSON vermin!

                            Comment


                            • Re: 2009-2010 Official Vermont Season Thread : The Sequel

                              Belo the word is undeserving not underserving. If you are going to be a grammar horse, you ought to make sure your post is crisp and clean. Fail.

                              The criteria in place, is in place for a reason, there is no "eye ball" test as you alluded to earlier. Based on the current selection criteria Vermont deserved their bid.


                              Sorry forgot this little tidbit, I am a Maine fan and would have loved to see Maine in the tourney, but based on the current selection process they were not deserving of a bid this year.
                              Last edited by True Blue Fan; 03-31-2010, 12:51 PM.

                              Comment


                              • Re: 2009-2010 Official Vermont Season Thread : The Sequel

                                Originally posted by BeloBrasil View Post
                                The Hockey East team voted "Most Reliable Cure for Insomnia".
                                Clearly you are not a Cornell fan.......clutch and grab big and slow. It was so refreshing to watch Yale as apposed to Clutchnell. Maybe that antiquated hockey is why you never make it past the 1st round these days.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X