Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2009-2010 Official Vermont Season Thread : The Sequel

Originally posted by snwbrdr View Post
    The Daily Planet is very good - on the street east of and parallel to Church st.
    If you go to the Daily Planet, which is very good, bring a step stool. The urinal is about 4 feet of the floor no joke. But other then that is good. A little posh but good.
    Originally posted by Hokydad
    Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
      If you go to the Daily Planet, which is very good, bring a step stool. The urinal is about 4 feet of the floor no joke. But other then that is good. A little posh but good.
      I agree on the Daily Planet, it's been good for years..

Comment

Thank you all for the great feed back. Any suggestions for "sports bar" type places?

Hopefully I'll bump into some of you at the Gutt!

Drop the Puck already!!!!!
        Raised in Vermont, Educated in Maine, Living in New Hampshire, Tolerating Massachusetts, Not spending enough time on this board!!

Comment

The best place for pre-game and post-game UVM Hockey company is the windjammer at the Best Western hotel, maybe 5 minutes from Gutterson on Williston Road. If you want hockey company and good atmosphere, that's the place to go. Period.

Comment

Vermont sports grill on williston road by the turn to the airport

Comment

Originally posted by grantfan View Post
              The best place for pre-game and post-game UVM Hockey company is the windjammer at the Best Western hotel, maybe 5 minutes from Gutterson on Williston Road. If you want hockey company and good atmosphere, that's the place to go. Period.
              Exactly. The Windjammer is the place.

Comment

Originally posted by grantfan View Post
                Originally posted by 4035 View Post
                Exactly. The Windjammer is the place.
                Will it be safe to hang out with two people with so much NegRep???
                Raised in Vermont, Educated in Maine, Living in New Hampshire, Tolerating Massachusetts, Not spending enough time on this board!!

Comment

Winjammer upper decl pub is the hotspot but way too crowded in pregame to get a table or decent service

This would be a good weekend for the cats to bring their a game both nights and start to make a move in thje standings. With only 12 games left time is running down.

Comment

Very funny UMZero, but I always get along well with UMaine fans on my visits to Orono and you will enjoy our company in Burlington. If you lack passion, you will not add much to conversation, if you have and enjoy passion, you will enjoy our company.

Negrep on a chat board is not, I believe, very meaningful. Think of what it takes for someone to do whatever needs to be done to negrep someone. Wouldn't a normal person just ignore or move on to the next brilliant entry? I find the concept of negrepping to be much more reflective of the negrepper than the negreppee.

Besides that, just among our own UVM fans, people went off on me - though I am happy that they have finally realized the 'G' in Grantfan always was silent - for my last post. But, how about responding to the 'points':

1. Should we be happy with junior Jack Downing for being a moron who hurt his team or should we be happy for him?
                    2. Is the leadership on this team anything but a meaningless waste of the thread used to sew on their letters?
                    3. Is there another powerplay unit with three 1-goal scorers? Anywhere?

Instead of responding - agree, disagree, who cares - go negrep someone.

Hey, it probably beats thinking for most fans.

Comment

Jcarter - very surprised to see you pick UVM to win Friday and Maine to win Saturday

First of all - where's the faith that this UVM team is going to get it going?

second - UVM tends to lose Friday and win Saturday in these back to back weekends - you are definitely going against history

lastly - I would think getting Downing back would help on Saturday and not having him Friday would hurt

does anyone know if Darling is playing for Maine? Stuffed a bunch of UVM chances up in Orono in the first game. I would like to see him on the bench or in the stands this weekend

Comment

does anyone know if Darling is playing for Maine? Stuffed a bunch of UVM chances up in Orono in the first game. I would like to see him on the bench or in the stands this weekend
                        Darling will play this weekend. He has been practicing since Monday. PP guy Robby Dee will not play, as well as energy guy and Penalty Killeing freshman Matt Mangene.
                        PP34 - BEAT LA

Comment

Originally posted by GreenCat View Post
                          Pre-Heat oven to 350 Deg. turning the roast and or steaks halfway through cooking time, about 3 periods for 4 point roast. [/URL]
                          Wouldn't it be 6 periods fror a 4 point roast?
                          PP34 - BEAT LA

Comment

Jcarter - very surprised to see you pick UVM to win Friday and Maine to win Saturday

First of all - where's the faith that this UVM team is going to get it going?

second - UVM tends to lose Friday and win Saturday in these back to back weekends - you are definitely going against history

lastly - I would think getting Downing back would help on Saturday and not having him Friday would hurt

You are very much correct that this goes against history and defies common sense. But something in my gutt tells me. I really hope I am wrong about Saturday. But alas, I am near the top of the pickum's and I got to stick with probability and not hope. That said, the smart pick would have been the opposite, but my thinking lies with Darling. Friday he either sits in which case we are seeing the back up, or he plays and is a little rusty, cautious of the injury and maybe not in the groove. By Sat he will have shaken a little rust and become somewhat more comfortable. So that was mainly the though process. Madore has returned to form and he will keep UVM in it, so IMO it comes down to the offense and ME goaltending/defense which I just think will be better on Saturday. But who knows, its all a guess.

Comment

Originally posted by UMZero View Post
                              Will it be safe to hang out with two people with so much NegRep???
                              It will be as long as there are no BC or UML fans in your party.

Comment

From the UVM website

Rob Madore is 6-2-1 with a 1.80 GAA and a .935 save percentage in his last 10 appearances

Madore will be key, he needs to keep up his play and UVM needs to remember last weekend with UMA. Just like Saturday when they kept Marcou and Wellman in check they need to do the same with Nyquist and the ME PP. Do that and they will be fine. PK is now 50 for 53. Lets hope the Cats can keep that up and play smart 5-5 on hockey.

Comment

Working...
                                X