Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats v Bentley Falcons Can the 'Cats Trump the Birds? Saturday Nov. 29 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UNH Wildcats v Bentley Falcons Can the 'Cats Trump the Birds? Saturday Nov. 29 20

Is it me or is Coach Stewart not on the bench?
    Not unusual in college hockey for one assistant to be out recruiting in season. No insight, but if he's not there I'd guess he's on the road. That's an issue for all sports, where 'in-season' is the same for the university program and the prospects' teams...
    Live Free or Die!!
    Miami University '03

Comment

Re: UNH Wildcats v Bentley Falcons Can the 'Cats Trump the Birds? Saturday Nov. 29 20

Annd that's one more for UNH with some great puck movement Cleland from Pots and..well you know. 😉
      I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

UNH PP working well tonight, benefited by HEA refs.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
          UNH PP working well tonight, benefited by HEA refs.
          What a Bentley homer...!!
          Live Free or Die!!
          Miami University '03

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
            What a Bentley homer...!!
            Indeed! Been lookin for that homer 😉

Comment

Ok we will take it a win at the 'Whitttt!!!

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                Indeed! Been lookin for that homer 😉
                I was a homer for both teams tonight. :-)

Actually, I think that UNH was very lucky to win tonight, as Bentley played the best that I have seen them play this year. Antoni should have kept that fifth goal out of his net. Addition by subtraction having one of the UNH seniors not on the ice? Maybe there is hope for a second line than score some goals?

Comment

Deja vu all over again. Another Atlantic hockey moral victory. Had hoped Falcons were poised to make a jump. Not so based on MC, RPI, BU and now UNH. staff is mired in mediocrity. Time to adopt another.
                  Good finish for UNH

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                    I was a homer for both teams tonight. :-)

Actually, I think that UNH was very lucky to win tonight, as Bentley played the best that I have seen them play this year. Antoni should have kept that fifth goal out of his net. Addition by subtraction having one of the UNH seniors not on the ice? Maybe there is hope for a second line than score some goals?
                    Seemed to me that the freshman line was seeing 2nd line minutes tonight, was getting the 2nd pp unit time as well. Even without Macdonald that "senior" line spent the majority of its icetime in the defensive zone. Only Eiserman was able to get the puck down the ice and create chances. Gaudreault's goal was all because of Eiserman's play and the goalie making a bad play coming off the post. I think that Smith dropping down to the 4th line/pk time with Hill and moving Mcnicholas up to the 3rd would be the best thing for this team. They have to split up that senior line completely, they are just so slow and seem to have zero offensive spark.

It was interesting that Macdonald was on the bench in a suit instead of in the stands for the game. Not sure if there are any rules on that, but I think that could be the best place for him. Allow Correale to handle on ice captain duties and have Macdonald on the bench for the boys, opening the roster spot for someone else in the forward lines.

Comment

Originally posted by UNHJourney34 View Post
                      Seemed to me that the freshman line was seeing 2nd line minutes tonight, was getting the 2nd pp unit time as well. Even without Macdonald that "senior" line spent the majority of its icetime in the defensive zone. Only Eiserman was able to get the puck down the ice and create chances. Gaudreault's goal was all because of Eiserman's play and the goalie making a bad play coming off the post. I think that Smith dropping down to the 4th line/pk time with Hill and moving Mcnicholas up to the 3rd would be the best thing for this team. They have to split up that senior line completely, they are just so slow and seem to have zero offensive spark.

It was interesting that Macdonald was on the bench in a suit instead of in the stands for the game. Not sure if there are any rules on that, but I think that could be the best place for him. Allow Correale to handle on ice captain duties and have Macdonald on the bench for the boys, opening the roster spot for someone else in the forward lines.
                      CMacD was injured tonight (knee) and Stewart was absent...doubt you'll see this as a recurring thing....

Comment

Working...
                      X