Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Penn State at UAA

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Penn State at UAA

    okay start the discussion......
    GO SEAWOLVES!!

  • #2
    Re: Penn State at UAA

    I guess I will start. I don't know much about the Nittany Lions hockey, other than they got more votes than we did in the USCHO polls and we are ahead of them in the pairwise. Only the 2nd meeting between the two clubs, the first ended in a tie, so I guess it starts this weekend. I think after the game on Saturday against Ferris State, our boys should have a bit of momentum going into the series.... freshman and sophomores are starting out pretty good. Mantha is great as always, but will be see D'Amico in net this weekend? Should be a good weekend of hockey.
    GO SEAWOLVES!!

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Penn State at UAA

      Originally posted by ninelives View Post
      I guess I will start. I don't know much about the Nittany Lions hockey, other than they got more votes than we did in the USCHO polls and we are ahead of them in the pairwise. Only the 2nd meeting between the two clubs, the first ended in a tie, so I guess it starts this weekend. I think after the game on Saturday against Ferris State, our boys should have a bit of momentum going into the series.... freshman and sophomores are starting out pretty good. Mantha is great as always, but will be see D'Amico in net this weekend? Should be a good weekend of hockey.
      I agree, Mantha deserves a night off, perhaps even give Hauser the back up role. As this is a non-conference weekend, I would also like to see a shake up of the PK just to see if some other guys coming in well gel better. Don't touch the PP though, they're on fire.
      Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Penn State at UAA

        The Coaches Corner show is at 6 P.M. this Thursday Nov 19 at the Varsity Sports Grill in the Alaska Airlines Center. Host David Tuttle will talk with Coach Matt Thomas and sophomore winger Tad Kozun. Penn State Nittany Lions coach Guy Gadowsky has said he will be there and will also speak. All three guys will take questions from the audience.
        Entrance to the program is FREE.
        Food and beverages are available for purchase.
        The door prize FREE is a game worn jersey of # 10 Brett Cameron.
        It will be a great program and an exciting time.
        Reservations are encouraged either direct at (907) 786-7835 or online at Open Table opentable.com
        I'm told the online link says they are full but I phoned and they still have seats.
        Penn State fans are welcome and also encouraged to come.
        We hope to see you there.
        It's a great day to be a Seawolf!
        Last edited by Seawolf Fan; 11-19-2015, 03:31 PM.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Penn State at UAA

          Originally posted by ninelives View Post
          I guess I will start. I don't know much about the Nittany Lions hockey, other than they got more votes than we did in the USCHO polls and we are ahead of them in the pairwise. Only the 2nd meeting between the two clubs, the first ended in a tie, so I guess it starts this weekend. I think after the game on Saturday against Ferris State, our boys should have a bit of momentum going into the series.... freshman and sophomores are starting out pretty good. Mantha is great as always, but will be see D'Amico in net this weekend? Should be a good weekend of hockey.
          Last season these two teams fought to a 3-3 tie. I don't know how this seasons Penn State team compares to last, but the UAA team is much improved. I predict a sweep by the Seawolves!
          Originally Posted by aparch
          I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

          From ADN:

          "According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

          UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Penn State at UAA

            bump.... no Penn State fans on the board?
            GO SEAWOLVES!!

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Penn State at UAA

              Originally posted by ninelives View Post
              bump.... no Penn State fans on the board?
              Perhaps they simply read and do not post????
              Hope to see at least a few Nittany Lion alumni, fans, at Coaches Corner 6 pm this evening.
              Their coach, Guy Gadowsky, will receive a warm welcome from Seawolf fans however I'm sure he'd like to see some of his fans supporting their program.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Penn State at UAA

                Originally posted by ninelives View Post
                bump.... no Penn State fans on the board?
                Sweep the board, sweep the weekend. *knock on wood*
                Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Penn State at UAA

                  Penn State is arguably the second or third best team in B1G (for whatever that's worth.) UAA looks improved.

                  I think Penn State leaves Anchorage with a win and a tie.
                  Last edited by altazo; 11-19-2015, 05:41 PM.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Penn State at UAA

                    I was very impressed listening to Tad Kozun during the Coaches Corner. Well spoken, and easy to listen to. He had some very interesting things to say about dealing with the refs. As a former ref, he can relate to the harassment that refs deal with on a game-to-game basis. He pretty much said, "Take the penalties that the refs give you. If they make a bad call, accept it instead of yelling at them. You just give them a reason to justify making an iffy/suspect call later in the game/series."

                    We all know Tad is a scoring leader on the team. But I see Tad becoming a vocal leader on this team in the near future. We are lucky to have him here.
                    Last edited by UAA08; 11-20-2015, 02:03 AM.
                    _AIRBANKS: THE "SPENARD" OF ALASKA.

                    Originally posted by birdman
                    No excuses from UAF fans, UAA beat us.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Penn State at UAA

                      Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
                      Perhaps they simply read and do not post????
                      Hope to see at least a few Nittany Lion alumni, fans, at Coaches Corner 6 pm this evening.
                      Their coach, Guy Gadowsky, will receive a warm welcome from Seawolf fans however I'm sure he'd like to see some of his fans supporting their program.
                      Didn't spot any Penn state fans., and I was if truth be told flabbergasted not a solitary _airbanks dump bear showed up to hang down with the Penn state coach as they all were so close. I anticipated at the least they would be puttin around town with him in their electric buss.
                      Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                      UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.


                      Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

                      I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Penn State at UAA

                        Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
                        Didn't spot any Penn state fans., and I was if truth be told flabbergasted not a solitary _airbanks dump bear showed up to hang down with the Penn state coach as they all were so close. I anticipated at the least they would be puttin around town with him in their electric buss.
                        Maybe we'll see some Nittany Lion fans at the game this evening.
                        With walk up $10 tickets it's the best deal in town.
                        No team affiliation required.
                        Just slip a Hamilton across the counter and you get to see some great hockey..

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Penn State at UAA

                          Originally posted by altazo View Post
                          Penn State is arguably the second or third best team in B1G (for whatever that's worth.) UAA looks improved.

                          I think Penn State leaves Anchorage with a win and a tie.
                          The only good team Penn State has played is then #16 St. Lawrence, and Penn went 0-1-1.

                          Our toughest games: St. Cloud ranked #17 at the time, we lost 6-2, and then split with then #12 Bowling Green two weekends ago.

                          A tie and win I expect at least from UAA.
                          Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Penn State at UAA

                            Originally posted by UAA08 View Post
                            I was very impressed listening to Tad Kozun during the Coaches Corner. Well spoken, and easy to listen to. He had some very interesting things to say about dealing with the refs. As a former ref, he can relate to the harassment that refs deal with on a game-to-game basis. He pretty much said, "Take the penalties that the refs give you. If they make a bad call, accept it instead of yelling at them. You just give them a reason to justify making an iffy/suspect call later in the game/series."

                            We all know Tad is a scoring leader on the team. But I see Tad becoming a vocal leader on this team in the near future. We are lucky to have him here.
                            His last name to me sounds uber Alaskan.
                            Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Penn State at UAA

                              Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
                              The only good team Penn State has played is then #16 St. Lawrence, and Penn went 0-1-1.

                              Our toughest games: St. Cloud ranked #17 at the time, we lost 6-2, and then split with then #12 Bowling Green two weekends ago.

                              A tie and win I expect at least from UAA.
                              I stand corrected, Penn State came to play. During the second and third period Penn made some adjustments (or we dropped the soap) that allowed them to control the game. I hope we can salvage a win tomorrow night. For the entire third period I don't think we controlled the puck for more than 30 seconds once. Penn State also has an aggressive D that is really effective when the puck is near the blueline. It looked like two goals were directly spawned due to some bad passes on their blueline.

                              I saw a family, and another Nittany Lion fan.
                              Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X