Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's be Classy and NOT tie UMassy...UMass v UNH Friday, Nov. 20

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Let's be Classy and NOT tie UMassy...UMass v UNH Friday, Nov. 20

    Ok, I'll bite...

    Hey gang not sure how many peeps we'll get on this thread but I'll tell you what I don't want...another game where the pesky Minutemen are let back in and TIE when you got 'em by the you know whats!! Come on 'Cats we need points this weekend...here is the best place to get 'em!

    Things going in our favor:

    Much better mascot (s)
    Much better arena (although, Mullins isn't bad the trip there is another story )
    Did I say much better mascot (s)
    NEW TRON haha
    Our coach whistles better than their coach

    Go 'Cats!!
    Last edited by HockeyRef; 11-16-2015, 04:22 PM.
    Here we go 'Cats!!

  • #2
    Re: Let's be Classy and NOT tie UMassy...UMass v UNH Friday, Nov. 20

    Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
    Things in our favor:

    Much better mascot (s)
    Much better arena (although, Mullins isn't bad the trip there is another story )
    Did I say much better mascot (s)
    NEW TRON haha
    Our coach whistles better than their coach

    Go 'Cats!!
    I've always said Mullins is basically Conte, albeit with a different paint job and without the hardware.
    Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
    Montreal Expos Forever ...

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Let's be Classy and NOT tie UMassy...UMass v UNH Friday, Nov. 20

      Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
      I've always said Mullins is basically Conte, albeit with a different paint job and without the hardware.
      And Mullins has neanderthals in the stands telling your school to go expletive themselves while the drool roles down their faces in a very Eli not against the Pats fashion.

      Doubt you guys see many Amherst fans on here, I think the one who was on here died (or went to umasshoops). It'll probably be a lot like your MSU thread where you're all talking to yourselves.
      BS UMass Lowell 2015
      PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Let's be Classy and NOT tie UMassy...UMass v UNH Friday, Nov. 20

        Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
        And Mullins has neanderthals in the stands telling your school to go expletive themselves while the drool roles down their faces in a very Eli not against the Pats fashion.

        Doubt you guys see many Amherst fans on here, I think the one who was on here died (or went to umasshoops). It'll probably be a lot like your MSU thread where you're all talking to yourselves.
        Yes, absolutely the most vile, vulgar fans can be found at Mullins. F-bombs everywhere, physical threats, etc. Went there once maybe 14 years ago for a Lowell game and never again. Started outside before the game even started and onward throughout the game until leaving. The worst part was the ushers and Mullins staff turning a blind eye to it all and never got a good response from HE or Amherst when we complained afterwards.

        There's probably 4-5 fans on that Masshoops hockey thread and it's a hoot to read. They spend most of their time complaining about why Lowell does so well vs. the "flagship" school.
        Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
        Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
        Frozen Four - 2013

        Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

        Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Let's be Classy and NOT tie UMassy...UMass v UNH Friday, Nov. 20

          Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
          Yes, absolutely the most vile, vulgar fans can be found at Mullins. F-bombs everywhere, physical threats, etc. Went there once maybe 14 years ago for a Lowell game and never again. Started outside before the game even started and onward throughout the game until leaving. The worst part was the ushers and Mullins staff turning a blind eye to it all and never got a good response from HE or Amherst when we complained afterwards.

          There's probably 4-5 fans on that Masshoops hockey thread and it's a hoot to read. They spend most of their time complaining about why Lowell does so well vs. the "flagship" school.
          My favorite was the 6-3 win in the 2012-13 season. The athletic department was going to bus a bunch of us out for the game, but they forgot to tell the bus company... We ended up driving out in 7 or 8 cars. Four of us were walking into Mullins when one of the Flagship's Best and Brightest tried to talk trash, so I asked him if he could name the captain of the Minuteman hockey team. He paused for a minute, swore at me and walked away. I called after him it was Rocco Carzo and we enjoyed the game. Were swore at throughout the game as we were put in the nosebleeds, but we got to watch Riley Wetmore (O Captain, My Captain!) score his 100th point. The 30ish of us ended up walking into his mother on the way out of the game and cheered his name while she took a video.
          BS UMass Lowell 2015
          PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Let's be Classy and NOT tie UMassy...UMass v UNH Friday, Nov. 20

            Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
            I've always said Mullins is basically Conte, albeit with a different paint job and without the hardware.
            You are giving Mullins WWWAAAYYY to much credit. Everytime I've been there I felt like I needed to take a shower when I left. Between the dingy building, the potty mouthed fans, not to mention the legacy of the former basketball coach.
            UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Let's be Classy and NOT tie UMassy...UMass v UNH Friday, Nov. 20

              Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
              Yes, absolutely the most vile, vulgar fans can be found at Mullins. F-bombs everywhere, physical threats, etc. Went there once maybe 14 years ago for a Lowell game and never again. Started outside before the game even started and onward throughout the game until leaving. The worst part was the ushers and Mullins staff turning a blind eye to it all and never got a good response from HE or Amherst when we complained afterwards.

              There's probably 4-5 fans on that Masshoops hockey thread and it's a hoot to read. They spend most of their time complaining about why Lowell does so well vs. the "flagship" school.
              Only went once and will be hard pressed to go again largely because it's too far a haul on a Friday night. I do remember tho last season we scored first and then the wheels kind of fell off the bus "3 shots, 3 goals" and it was over. On the way out we were taunted "how do you like your 'Cats now" to which we replied "wild, we like em wild". Which kind of shut them up somehow as I don't think they expected that from a couple of women haha...
              Here we go 'Cats!!

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Let's be Classy and NOT tie UMassy...UMass v UNH Friday, Nov. 20

                Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                I've always said Mullins is basically Conte, albeit with a different paint job and without the hardware.
                Mullins, like Conte, was built for bouncy ball.

                I always remember the time BU was out there and then-Coach Toot Cahoon went out on the ice before the game, took a mic and went over to the student section and implored them to keep it clean. And then the first penalty on UMass not five minutes into the game and the Bull**** chants were out in full force.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Let's be Classy and NOT tie UMassy...UMass v UNH Friday, Nov. 20

                  Weird, the game will be played at the Whitt, yet all of the posts so far are about Mullens.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Let's be Classy and NOT tie UMassy...UMass v UNH Friday, Nov. 20

                    Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                    Weird, the game will be played at the Whitt, yet all of the posts so far are about Mullens.
                    And thank GOD for that!!!!
                    Here we go 'Cats!!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                      Weird, the game will be played at the Whitt, yet all of the posts so far are about Mullens.
                      Makes me want to go there next year, just to see what all the fuss is about. But then again, I do like to instigate a bit.
                      Signature line intentionally left blank.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Let's be Classy and NOT tie UMassy...UMass v UNH Friday, Nov. 20

                        Originally posted by wildcatdc View Post
                        Makes me want to go there next year, just to see what all the fuss is about.
                        Save yourself the trip, 'dc. I've been a few times, the place has all the charm of a funeral parlor, and the couple of hundred rabid (in all probability literally) UMass fans who can be bothered to show up make for the *atmosphere* of a pep rally in an aircraft hangar. It's not a coincidence that I've literally taken our kids (back when they were kids) in the past to every HE and many ECAC venues, but this one was always left off the travelogue.
                        Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                        Montreal Expos Forever ...

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Let's be Classy and NOT tie UMassy...UMass v UNH Friday, Nov. 20

                          Is it too early for predictions?

                          UNH 3 Umassy 1 Go 'Cats!!!!!
                          Here we go 'Cats!!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Let's be Classy and NOT tie UMassy...UMass v UNH Friday, Nov. 20

                            Any tailgating planned for Friday's game?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                              Any tailgating planned for Friday's game?
                              Always 😉 Can't be in Durham before 6:30 Friday but will be connecting with fans from Ct Saturday 5:00 at Libby's!
                              Here we go 'Cats!!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X