Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Those Were the Days, or, Rekindling the Flame (Wars): BC visits UNH, Saturday, 11/21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Those Were the Days, or, Rekindling the Flame (Wars): BC visits UNH, Saturday, 11

Originally posted by Jon View Post
    Oh, but it used to be worse. So much worse.
    I remember when we used to try to figure out who we all hated more UNH or BC. This is before BC pulled away in mid 2000's.
    So true - but it was fun. And fueled by two programs' fans trying to prove the other was the bigger choker.

I can't even remember the last time I saw the term "SMT's" used in reference to UNH on here.

Fun quiz for the newbies: What did "SMT" stand for relative to the UNH Hockey program?
    Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
    Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Re: Those Were the Days, or, Rekindling the Flame (Wars): BC visits UNH, Saturday, 11

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
      So true - but it was fun. And fueled by two programs' fans trying to prove the other was the bigger choker.

I can't even remember the last time I saw the term "SMT's" used in reference to UNH on here.

Fun quiz for the newbies: What did "SMT" stand for relative to the UNH Hockey program?
      Quintessential "SMT" performance by the 'Cats this past Saturday night against Merrimack...
      Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Pick me! Pick me! Pick me! Skating Mother Theresa's Now, what do I win? Am I now a true, legit 'Cat fan?
        Last edited by HockeyRef; 11-19-2015, 06:37 AM.
        Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
          Pick me! Pick me! Pick me! Skating Mother Theresa's Now, what do I win? Am I now a true, legit 'Cat fan?
          Congrats HR - nailed it. You've won our undying respect & admiration. That's all I've got in the prize budget.

Bonus points (essay): What pre-HE year was the most mentioned on these boards back in the day, and why?
          Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
          Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Congrats HR - nailed it. You've won our undying respect & admiration. That's all I've got in the prize budget.

Bonus points (essay): What pre-HE year was the most mentioned on these boards back in the day, and why?
            Thanks Lord knows I try!!! 'Fraid you got me on this next q...was I born yet?!?😉😭
            Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by e.cat View Post
              and Blinky-the-Wonder-Chimp?
              Now that is going WAY back. We're talking Jim Ritt era.
              Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
              The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by RENCEB View Post
                Quintessential "SMT" performance by the 'Cats this past Saturday night against Merrimack...
                Sure was!!! 😎
                Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Wow, you UNH can't even start a proper flamefest... we ended up with a history lesson.

C'mon guys call JD stupid or something. At least bring up BC's pansy schedule... next year I heard they were scheduling an exhibition game against the women's team to prep for their OOC schedule.

Please step up your game... both sides. You BC folks can't go into the BU weekend with this little hatred. The fanboys will mop you up
                  Originally posted by Hokydad
                  Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
                    Wow, you UNH can't even start a proper flamefest... we ended up with a history lesson.

C'mon guys call JD stupid or something. At least bring up BC's pansy schedule... next year I heard they were scheduling an exhibition game against the women's team to prep for their OOC schedule.

Please step up your game... both sides. You BC folks can't go into the BU weekend with this little hatred. The fanboys will mop you up
                    Ok BC has a pansy schedule and while we're at it their coach talks like Elmer Fudd...there. 😜
                    Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                      Ok BC has a pansy schedule and while we're at it their coach talks like Elmer Fudd...there. ��
                      Let's not forget he's old, blind and smells bad. On the other hand he doesn't get caught cheating, avoids turtlenecks and doesn't look like a *****.
                      Originally posted by Hokydad
                      Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
                        Let's not forget he's old, blind and smells bad. On the other hand he doesn't get caught cheating, avoids turtlenecks and doesn't look like a *****.
                        And sometimes he dresses up like a pirate to confuse everyone (his team, the opposition, the refs).
                        BS UMass Lowell 2015
                        PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

i think unh deserves all the kudos in the world for dealing with the strictest admissions department in hockey east

imagine if they accepted johnny, there might actually be some real banners at the whit

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995
                            bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                            Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                            Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                              i think unh deserves all the kudos in the world for dealing with the strictest admissions department in hockey east

imagine if they accepted johnny, there might actually be some real banners at the whit
                              Wow thanks for the props I'm kind of new to this game and already I feel the loss of what would have been key player (s) the 'Cats could've used even this season...especially D wise and hope we can regain National prominence in the next few seasons. Still I'm proud to be a 'Cat fan regardless of where we r right now but I'll say one thing: don't look past us...
                              Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
                                And the reason why -- that was BC's last national championship prior to 2001.

Chuck - you really out to dig out the Official BC Supahfan Catalog again!

....just for memory's sake....
                                Last edited by Scott; 11-19-2015, 01:31 PM.
                                UNH

Comment

Working...
                                X