Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Those Were the Days, or, Rekindling the Flame (Wars): BC visits UNH, Saturday, 11/21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Those Were the Days, or, Rekindling the Flame (Wars): BC visits UNH, Saturday, 11

Yes, those 173 career penalty minutes in 500 games. What a thug!!!

Comment

Re: Those Were the Days, or, Rekindling the Flame (Wars): BC visits UNH, Saturday, 11

It does make sense though that your lasting memory is from a regular season win over BC!

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
        It does make sense though that your lasting memory is from a regular season win over BC!
        Yeah, and it was a long time ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
          The game that I remember as if it were yesterday was the last regular season meeting in 2002-2003 between BC and UNH at the Whitt when the punk freshman Patrick Eaves speared senior Colin Hemingway in the corner, which the refs completely missed. UNH won the game 4-1, with Hemingway getting an ENG with Eaves still on the ice. Sweet! Of course, Eaves went on to have quite the successful NHL career with his dirty play.
          Joe Exter sends his regards.

BTW let's not give Eaves ("quite the successful NHL career") too much credit. Reminds me of some of the UMainiacs who used to say what a fabulous career of NHL riches Bpbby Corkum enjoyed ... all the while, he spent about a decade skating 3rd/4th line ice time with a series of mediocre teams. Ditto for Eaves, albeit with a slightly better selection of teams. Daniel Winnik (UNH) has had a similar career to both, and with a lot less fanfare entering his D-1 career. I'd say Eaves never really reached his potential (or his hype - you pick).
          Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
          Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Lol at the joe exter reference. What a toolbag you are chuck.

Comment

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
              Are you driving up Saturday ? I'll try to get a ticket @ BC tomorrow
              I have 2 tickets but it's up in the air as to whether we go.
              A family thing that may or my not get in the way. I'll know more by Thursday/Friday.
              'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Christ this thread is already a steaming pile of crap.
                Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                  I'd politely ask you to refrain from further comment on UNH's out-of-conference record, thanks.
                  Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                  Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Apparently a game thread can't draw the BC posters out these days. Perhaps they are looking past us (understandable), but I actually think there must be a pre-holiday sale at Vineyard Vines or Abercrombie. Iron that madras, fellas.
                    Signature line intentionally left blank.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                      Oh, but it used to be worse. So much worse.
                      I remember when we used to try to figure out who we all hated more UNH or BC. This is before BC pulled away in mid 2000's.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                      -Blackadder
                      "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                      -Casablanca
                      "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                      -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

No Bobo, no flamewar.
                        Originally posted by mookie1995
                        bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                        Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                        Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
                          No Bobo, no flamewar.
                          Seriously, what happened to FSteve?
                          Signature line intentionally left blank.

Comment

They're waiting to get clobbered by Notre Dame on Saturday. A home game for ND at Fenway Park, btw

Comment

Originally posted by wildcatdc View Post
                              Seriously, what happened to FSteve?
                              No kidding, what happened to Darren, his sidekick (can't remember his handle) , and Blinky-the-Wonder-Chimp?
                              UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Ambrose View Post
                                They're waiting to get clobbered by Notre Dame on Saturday. A home game for ND at Fenway Park, btw
                                I thought they were playing UNH Saturday!
                                UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Working...
                                X