• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pump It Up
    replied
    Re: Minnesota vs Mankato State: Home and Home 11/13 & 11/14

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
    We'll see if mankato starts to get chippy in the 3rd like they normally do when getting beat by the Gophers.
    Classic SanTropez.

Leave a comment:

• D2D
    replied

After playing two very strong periods the Gophers took a big step backwards in the 3rd and reverted to their sloppy and mistake-prone play they showed to start the season. As the 3rd period wore on you could see it coming. Very disappointing that they couldn't close this one out and get the sweep.

But congrats to Minnesota State-Mankato on a great comeback win, and good luck the rest of the way.

Leave a comment:

• Slap Shot
    replied

Gophers missed a lot of opportunities to go up 3-0 and essentially bury MSU, but the Mavs hung tough and stole one. I thought the reffing was equally bad throughout, but the last 5 minutes of the 3rd was brutal.

Leave a comment:

• J.D.
    replied
    We'll see if mankato starts to get chippy in the 3rd like they normally do when getting beat by the Gophers.
    Oops

Leave a comment:

• Bronzebacks
    replied

congrats mankato, you won your NC game.
    Yes Sandy. It was a non-conference game. MSU won.

Hastings has done a great job with the program. MSU will be a solid team by the end of the year.

Leave a comment:

• SanTropez
    replied

congrats mankato, you won your NC game.

Leave a comment:

• Nowheresville
    replied
    I'm not suggesting at all that the Gophers don't already get advantages from yhe current arraignment. But I would argue that the other schools have more to lose than the Gophers if it were to end. The Gophers help drive ticket sales when they visit the other schools, and the travel savings is probqbly a bigger deal for schools that don't have B1G money to cover the added trips that come with the new conferences.

I completely agree that FSN could be the bigger issue on making my idea happen. I'd actually be happy just getting the Gopher road games onto BTN2GO, avoiding the cost and quality issues with wcha.tv streams.

Leave a comment:

• SanTropez
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Bale
    replied

Youre making the assumption that mn is scheduling in state schools out of the good of their heart. The reality is that mn makes out like a bandit because the nscc and rhe intertwined schedules give mn a de facto 2 for 1 scheduling arrangement with 4 schools. Add to that, they keep expenses down by scheduling home and homes.

Point being mn has it pretty good already. Sometimes you have to take a step back in one area to help in many other ares. Besides, I'm not so sure it is the other schools not giving up rights. It's ajust as likely its actually their tv partner, fsn, not wanting to go.

Leave a comment:

• Nowheresville
    replied

Originally posted by D2D View Post
    Except for the TV situation, I really don't mind being in the Big Ten. Some day I still think it will prove to be the right move. One would THINK that with the move to the "big school league" the TV situation would be at least as good as it used to be. But other than not being on TV at all, this channel 999 thing was a new low for me.
    I get so sick of the constant complaining about tv especially with the defacto "blame the B1G," when it's changes at FSN that are as much, if not more to blame. I even find it a bit silly, since every game is available to watch, even if it isn't as simple as flipping on FSN anymore.

But having said that, this is one case where I think the U really is in a position to demand more. If the Gophers are going to continue to schedule the in-state schools on a rotation, I don't think it's unreasonable at all to say that the other schools have to give up the broadcast rights to their home games and let the Gophers tv crews pick them up. I'm sure a financial split could be worked out for any money that's made on the games, and being that any game broadcast on FSN or BTN is going to be a win for fans of any of the other 4 schools too. If the other schools aren't interested in playing ball, then that opens up a lot more non-conference dates and opportunities to start playing some of the other old WCHA schools that aren't on the schedule anymore.

Leave a comment:

• Koho
    replied

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    It's like an "easter egg" channel, IMO.
    The channel is colorful, fragile on the outside but tasty on the inside, with a yellow center?

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

I had no problem with the broadcast itself. Picture quality was not true HD but better than most SD. Good camera action, and the announcing team did a very good job. My gripe is really with Comcast, which did not have the game on its program guide, which in turn made it impossible to set the DVR in advance. And the "program" was not for the game, but one hour increments of the game, which was not brought to the viewers attention. I would think that all of these shortcomings could be easily fixed, while still making the games available to those not having a special cable package.
    The 999 channel has always been like that, though. It's like an "easter egg" channel, IMO.

Leave a comment:

• Greyeagle
    replied

One other comment, for a change it was nice to see the OTHER TEAM give the puck up at the blue line, giving OUR TEAM the breakaway going the other way. And nicer yet that Kloos was able to cash in and make them pay!
    No kidding.
    Kloos did a fantastic job setting up the screen.

Leave a comment:

• D2D
    replied

One other comment, for a change it was nice to see the OTHER TEAM give the puck up at the blue line, giving OUR TEAM the breakaway going the other way. And nicer yet that Kloos was able to cash in and make them pay!

Leave a comment:

• D2D
    replied

Originally posted by Koho View Post
    Once Gophs finally woke up late in the first, they looked pretty good, with some lapses. Nice of the Mankato D to back off a couple times and let our little guys pick their spots. The Cows had some stretches of standing around watching instead of trying to answer Gopher stretches of intense play. They also missed a few nets (Letteri had a nice one too). I think we will be looking at a closer game tonight with a better effort from Mankato. Hopefully MN keeps up the intensity and doesn't start out flat again. I though maybe we were looking at another team that only shows up on Saturdays. A sweep would be a good start on improving odds of making the tourney, not that I have aspirations for this team to gel enough to be a contender.
    To be honest I was expecting more from Mankato last night, especially at home, but like you say we may very well see that this evening. Hope the Gophers are prepared and don't let the home crowd down. For this team to win consistently they need to give more than just an "honest effort"; the old "110%" saying definitely applies year. We've seen how taking shifts off can really get them into trouble.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X