• Show
Clear All

• Koho
    replied
    Re: Minnesota vs Mankato State: Home and Home 11/13 & 11/14

Pairwise rankings:
    Mankato -21st
    UM 44th
    Pretty clear what the outcome will be this weekend.

Hope the Gopher team from last Saturday shows up to keep it close.

Leave a comment:

• MavHockey14
    replied
    Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
    I'm going to see my first game in the cell phone center Friday, thanks to Mavfan14 for getting me tickets. I've been in there when there was no ice, but never for a game.

No Shack on the bench but #11 Seeler is more than willing to take a dumb penalty or throw some haymakers if a lost cow decides to run our goalie.
    Let me know when you're in town Friday.

Leave a comment:

• MavHockey14
    replied
    Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
    I'll be in Iowa City watching the football team so I won't get to watch these games. Hoping for good outcomes.....I'm thinking another split.
    I'm leaving for Iowa City after the Friday hockey game! More than welcome to stop by our tailgate in lot 14, there will be a few of your kind with us..

Leave a comment:

• D2D
    replied

Originally posted by Bale View Post
    As for the actual games, I have no idea what to expect. The first two msu series of the year were a complete buzzkill. The talent is still there, but losing 6 seniors was a pretty big hole to fill. Goaltending is also up in the air. It's a good team and they have been improving each week, but they've struggled.
    Sorry, Bale, but honest assessments are not allowed here. Your team is all but guaranteed to sweep this series, because as you say, "the talent is still there". Gopher fans cannot honestly make this argument. I think it will take a miracle for the Gophers to win one game and get a split .... semi joking ....

Leave a comment:

• Bale
    replied

Verizon is a lot different since the last time the Gophers visited. It actually feels like msu's arena. Purple seats, an actual scoreboard with replays and a band that doesn't stink are the most notable changes.

As for the actual games, I have no idea what to expect. The first two msu series of the year were a complete buzzkill. The talent is still there, but losing 6 seniors was a pretty big hole to fill. Goaltending is also up in the air. It's a good team and they have been improving each week, but they've struggled.

Leave a comment:

• goldy_331
    replied

I'm going to see my first game in the cell phone center Friday, thanks to Mavfan14 for getting me tickets. I've been in there when there was no ice, but never for a game.

No Shack on the bench but #11 Seeler is more than willing to take a dumb penalty or throw some haymakers if a lost cow decides to run our goalie.

Leave a comment:

• crossjcek
    replied

1. No
    2. 0, because... see 1
    3 No... oops I guess that is a yes.

This has been a very different team since Hastings has taken over. The Jutting days of cheap shots are gone. Do you still keep a Shack like player on the bench in case of emergencies? I haven't seen those types of players lately. Not that I watch gopher games especially since BTN wants another $130 to watch hockey games as they are seldom on BTN other than the PLUS package.

Leave a comment:

• gopher wes
    replied

I'll be in Iowa City watching the football team so I won't get to watch these games. Hoping for good outcomes.....I'm thinking another split.

Leave a comment:

• Minnesota vs Mankato State: Home and Home 11/13 & 11/14

Minnesota and Mankato State of Minnesota play Friday night at 7 in kato then Saturday at 7 at Mariucci.

Kato State split with Ferris State and are 5-5. The Gophers split with Notre Dame and are 3-4.

Will corky make an appearance?

What will the over/under be on cfb penalties on mankato?

Will mankato fans post in here?
Working...
X