Minnesota vs Mankato State: Home and Home 11/13 & 11/14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota vs Mankato State: Home and Home 11/13 & 11/14

Youre making the assumption that mn is scheduling in state schools out of the good of their heart. The reality is that mn makes out like a bandit because the nscc and rhe intertwined schedules give mn a de facto 2 for 1 scheduling arrangement with 4 schools. Add to that, they keep expenses down by scheduling home and homes.

Point being mn has it pretty good already. Sometimes you have to take a step back in one area to help in many other ares. Besides, I'm not so sure it is the other schools not giving up rights. It's ajust as likely its actually their tv partner, fsn, not wanting to go.
    Mess with the bull, you get the horns.

Comment

We'll see if mankato starts to get chippy in the 3rd like they normally do when getting beat by the Gophers.

Comment

I'm not suggesting at all that the Gophers don't already get advantages from yhe current arraignment. But I would argue that the other schools have more to lose than the Gophers if it were to end. The Gophers help drive ticket sales when they visit the other schools, and the travel savings is probqbly a bigger deal for schools that don't have B1G money to cover the added trips that come with the new conferences.

I completely agree that FSN could be the bigger issue on making my idea happen. I'd actually be happy just getting the Gopher road games onto BTN2GO, avoiding the cost and quality issues with wcha.tv streams.

Comment

congrats mankato, you won your NC game.

Comment

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
            congrats mankato, you won your NC game.
            Yes Sandy. It was a non-conference game. MSU won.

Hastings has done a great job with the program. MSU will be a solid team by the end of the year.

Comment

We'll see if mankato starts to get chippy in the 3rd like they normally do when getting beat by the Gophers.
              Oops

Comment

Gophers missed a lot of opportunities to go up 3-0 and essentially bury MSU, but the Mavs hung tough and stole one. I thought the reffing was equally bad throughout, but the last 5 minutes of the 3rd was brutal.

Comment

After playing two very strong periods the Gophers took a big step backwards in the 3rd and reverted to their sloppy and mistake-prone play they showed to start the season. As the 3rd period wore on you could see it coming. Very disappointing that they couldn't close this one out and get the sweep.

But congrats to Minnesota State-Mankato on a great comeback win, and good luck the rest of the way.
                  Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Classic SanTropez.

Comment

Working...
                    X