• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Rube
    replied
    Re: Minnesota vs Mankato State: Home and Home 11/13 & 11/14

Originally posted by ole ole ole ole View Post
    Fear the cowbells tomorrow night !!!!
    We've played MTU so many times, we are immune to cowbells.

Leave a comment:

• ole ole ole ole
    replied

Fear the cowbells tomorrow night !!!!

Leave a comment:

• gopher wes
    replied

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
    We owe you one.. So who knows.. That's got me feeling a little more comfortable though, because the smackdown Iowa got last year isn't forgotten.

You'll have a blast in Iowa City, I apologize if you deal with the few idiot fans we have, I know everyone's got them, but for 7pm games there's usually a few more for obvious reasons. The crowd should be primed and ready and I'd imagine an extremely electric atmosphere.. I can't wait. It's been a few years since Kinnick has rocked like it has this year and when the lights come on, it's a really fun place to watch a ball game. Where are your seats? You'll be surprised how close the field is to the stands; 7 yards. It makes for great views throughout the stadium, though.
    The only thing the Gophers have going for them is the "nothing to lose" angle.

We are in 215 Row 30. We got them through the UofM so I assume that is a visitor section. I did a quick peek online and it looks like a good view. I'm looking forward to it though I don't have any expectations for the actual game.

Leave a comment:

• MavHockey14
    replied
    Originally posted by MSUMaverickFan View Post
    If memory serves correctly it's the team that clobbered the University of Minnesota - Twin Cities less than a year ago.
    Welcome back, sir.

Leave a comment:

• MavHockey14
    replied
    Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
    My brother and I tried to talk our friends into doing the hockey game on the way down but they weren't interested.

Thanks for the invite, we got a parking pass for Lot 65 so I'm not sure if we will stumble over that direction lol! This is my first trip to Iowa City, looking forward to tailgating and how electric the atmosphere is going to be with a 7pm kickoff and the undefeated Hawkeyes(Floyd on the line as well)......other than that it could be ugly for the visitors.
    We owe you one.. So who knows.. That's got me feeling a little more comfortable though, because the smackdown Iowa got last year isn't forgotten.

You'll have a blast in Iowa City, I apologize if you deal with the few idiot fans we have, I know everyone's got them, but for 7pm games there's usually a few more for obvious reasons. The crowd should be primed and ready and I'd imagine an extremely electric atmosphere.. I can't wait. It's been a few years since Kinnick has rocked like it has this year and when the lights come on, it's a really fun place to watch a ball game. Where are your seats? You'll be surprised how close the field is to the stands; 7 yards. It makes for great views throughout the stadium, though.

Leave a comment:

• HarleyMC
    replied

The original name: The Mankato Normal School, the first public college in the US headed by a woman. More like Mankato Abnormal School. To appoint a woman as the head of anything in 1868 took a lot of courage and conviction.

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

University of Minnesota State At Mankato A&M College for Our Lady of Perpetual Sweat.

I *think* that's the official title of the school nowadays.

Leave a comment:

• Biddco
    replied

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
    Who is Minnesota State?

Never heard of them.
    Screaming Eagles? Every heard of them? Coach by one of the greatest people of all time, Craig T. Nelson! Shame on you for not knowing who they were.

Leave a comment:

• D2D
    replied

Traffic could be difficult for Saturday's game. From Gopher Sports:

Saturday, November 14
    • Women's Hockey – Bemidji State – 4:00 p.m.
    • Men's Hockey – Minnesota State – 7:00 p.m.
    • Women's Volleyball – Penn State – 7:00 p.m.
    • Arena Pro Swimming Series – All Day
    • MSHSL Football Prep Bowl – All Day

You may experience some traffic delays as you head to campus and some congestion when you get there. Please allow extra time to arrive and park this weekend.

For single game parking, we encourage you to park in one of the following locations. Keep in mind that some of these parking locations may fill up at different times over the weekend.
    • 4th St. Ramp
    • Oak St. Ramp
    • Washington Avenue Ramp
    • University Avenue Ramp
    • Gold Lot
    • Victory Lot
    • Gopher Lot

http://www1.umn.edu/pts/maps/Library/pdf/EBank.pdf

Leave a comment:

• maverick2009
    replied
    Who is Minnesota State?

Never heard of them.

The team with 3% of the budget of U of M and is still doing better.

Leave a comment:

• MSUMaverickFan
    replied

Who is Minnesota State?

Never heard of them.
    If memory serves correctly it's the team that clobbered the University of Minnesota - Twin Cities less than a year ago.

Leave a comment:

• SanTropez
    replied

Who is Minnesota State?

Never heard of them.

Leave a comment:

• Koho
    replied

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
    Special Events Channel? Lol can you not enter the numbers?
    I have a local provider in Northern MN with completely different channel numbers than Comcast and Charter (and Dish and the other dish one whose name I can't recall). And the guide only allows me to look a few days ahead (and it has happened in the past where the guide didn't actually list a game that was on) so I was hoping there were specific channel call letters I could look for. Not sure my provider has channels for special events though.

Leave a comment:

• Stauber1
    replied

Originally posted by Koho View Post
    So is there a name for that channel for those of us not on Comcast, so we can look for it?
    I'm pretty sure it is local Twin Cities Comcast only. Others can correct me if I am wrong.
    If I remember correctly you are out-state, so you may not be able to get it through your cable provider. You can always purchase a single game pass through WCHA.TV (Stretch Internet). It should be about $10-15 for the weekend series. Or, $120 for ALL WCHA games, whenever you want to watch them....a pretty good deal if you are interested in any other college hockey games.

I'm not sure your VHS will be able to stream the games, though

Leave a comment:

• MaizeRage
    replied

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
    SCSU gets first dibs if they have a home series. Otherwise it goes to Mankato if they have a home game.
    This year, it's Minnesota State on Friday and St. Cloud State on Saturday if both teams are at home, which only happens twice this year.

I don't think the games are available on satellite at all.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X