X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota vs Mankato State: Home and Home 11/13 & 11/14

Traffic could be difficult for Saturday's game. From Gopher Sports:

Saturday, November 14
    • Women's Hockey – Bemidji State – 4:00 p.m.
    • Men's Hockey – Minnesota State – 7:00 p.m.
    • Women's Volleyball – Penn State – 7:00 p.m.
    • Arena Pro Swimming Series – All Day
    • MSHSL Football Prep Bowl – All Day

You may experience some traffic delays as you head to campus and some congestion when you get there. Please allow extra time to arrive and park this weekend.

For single game parking, we encourage you to park in one of the following locations. Keep in mind that some of these parking locations may fill up at different times over the weekend.
    • 4th St. Ramp
    • Oak St. Ramp
    • Washington Avenue Ramp
    • University Avenue Ramp
    • Gold Lot
    • Victory Lot
    • Gopher Lot

http://www1.umn.edu/pts/maps/Library/pdf/EBank.pdf
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
      Who is Minnesota State?

Never heard of them.
      Screaming Eagles? Every heard of them? Coach by one of the greatest people of all time, Craig T. Nelson! Shame on you for not knowing who they were.
      tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

University of Minnesota State At Mankato A&M College for Our Lady of Perpetual Sweat.

I *think* that's the official title of the school nowadays.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

The original name: The Mankato Normal School, the first public college in the US headed by a woman. More like Mankato Abnormal School. To appoint a woman as the head of anything in 1868 took a lot of courage and conviction.

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
            My brother and I tried to talk our friends into doing the hockey game on the way down but they weren't interested.

Thanks for the invite, we got a parking pass for Lot 65 so I'm not sure if we will stumble over that direction lol! This is my first trip to Iowa City, looking forward to tailgating and how electric the atmosphere is going to be with a 7pm kickoff and the undefeated Hawkeyes(Floyd on the line as well)......other than that it could be ugly for the visitors.
            We owe you one.. So who knows.. That's got me feeling a little more comfortable though, because the smackdown Iowa got last year isn't forgotten.

You'll have a blast in Iowa City, I apologize if you deal with the few idiot fans we have, I know everyone's got them, but for 7pm games there's usually a few more for obvious reasons. The crowd should be primed and ready and I'd imagine an extremely electric atmosphere.. I can't wait. It's been a few years since Kinnick has rocked like it has this year and when the lights come on, it's a really fun place to watch a ball game. Where are your seats? You'll be surprised how close the field is to the stands; 7 yards. It makes for great views throughout the stadium, though.
            AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by MSUMaverickFan View Post
              If memory serves correctly it's the team that clobbered the University of Minnesota - Twin Cities less than a year ago.
              Welcome back, sir.
              AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
                We owe you one.. So who knows.. That's got me feeling a little more comfortable though, because the smackdown Iowa got last year isn't forgotten.

You'll have a blast in Iowa City, I apologize if you deal with the few idiot fans we have, I know everyone's got them, but for 7pm games there's usually a few more for obvious reasons. The crowd should be primed and ready and I'd imagine an extremely electric atmosphere.. I can't wait. It's been a few years since Kinnick has rocked like it has this year and when the lights come on, it's a really fun place to watch a ball game. Where are your seats? You'll be surprised how close the field is to the stands; 7 yards. It makes for great views throughout the stadium, though.
                The only thing the Gophers have going for them is the "nothing to lose" angle.

We are in 215 Row 30. We got them through the UofM so I assume that is a visitor section. I did a quick peek online and it looks like a good view. I'm looking forward to it though I don't have any expectations for the actual game.
                "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Fear the cowbells tomorrow night !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ole ole ole ole View Post
                    Fear the cowbells tomorrow night !!!!
                    We've played MTU so many times, we are immune to cowbells.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

It'll be a split. And that's tArrogance talking.
                      Go Gophers!

Comment

its going to be a fun weekend of hockey I feel a split coming but I really want a mav sweep I am really hoping we can keep lots of the maroon and gold out of the building

Comment

Even if you get the basic of basic cable, you get channel 999 for the game tonight. I am PUMPED!!!!

Comment

Solid game for the plucky Gophers.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                            And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                            Twenty red lights in his honor
                            Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Stop me if you have heard this one:
                              Mavs control play for most of the first period but don't score....
                              Then they lose steam and their goalie doesn't display the confidence he once had and they lose _-0

Comment

Originally posted by crossjcek View Post
                                Stop me if you have heard this one:
                                Mavs control play for most of the first period but don't score....
                                Then they lose steam and their goalie doesn't display the confidence he once had and they lose _-0
                                First period was rather disjointed for both teams, IMO.
                                Very boring game overall, little flow.
                                MN's talent, however raw, showed. Not a knock on the Mavs, mind you, just one of those games.

Comment

Working...
                                X