Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota vs Mankato State: Home and Home 11/13 & 11/14

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
    Channel 999 on Comcast cable, Channel 200-something on Charter.
    I didn't know Comcast's lineup went all the way up to 999. E-gads do I miss the days when almost all the games were on FSN.
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

So is there a name for that channel for those of us not on Comcast, so we can look for it?

Comment

Originally posted by Bale View Post
        Probably not, we're not a bitter rival anymore. At least not as much as those powerhouses at Ohio state and Penn state.

D2D- I know it was a bit weak, but a snark comment about the Big Ten is always a good place to start, right?
        These are softball pitches compared to the fireballs thrown when we were in the WCHA. Ahh...the good ole days.
        Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
          These are softball pitches compared to the fireballs thrown when we were in the WCHA. Ahh...the good ole days.
          You gotta give me some time to get re-acquainted with your team. It's been so long I barely recognize any of them and I have a hard time finding the Ocho to watch them on TV anymore.
          Mess with the bull, you get the horns.

Comment

Originally posted by Koho View Post
            So is there a name for that channel for those of us not on Comcast, so we can look for it?
            Special Events Channel? Lol can you not enter the numbers?

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
              "xfinity Events Channel". Looks like it's devoted to televising St. Cloud State and Minnesota State hockey games, at least this time of year.

Comment

Anything on satellite for those who might want to watch at a local watering hole?

And I can confirm 999 is mostly SCSU games this time of year on Comcast.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                  And I can confirm 999 is mostly SCSU games this time of year on Comcast.
                  Currently shows 4 SCSU games and 3 MN State-Mankato games. This includes the past games they've already aired.

Comment

SCSU gets first dibs if they have a home series. Otherwise it goes to Mankato if they have a home game.

Comment

SCSU gets first dibs if they have a home series. Otherwise it goes to Mankato if they have a home game.
                      This year, it's Minnesota State on Friday and St. Cloud State on Saturday if both teams are at home, which only happens twice this year.

I don't think the games are available on satellite at all.
                      Originally posted by dicaslover
                      Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                      Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Koho View Post
                        I'm pretty sure it is local Twin Cities Comcast only. Others can correct me if I am wrong.
                        If I remember correctly you are out-state, so you may not be able to get it through your cable provider. You can always purchase a single game pass through WCHA.TV (Stretch Internet). It should be about $10-15 for the weekend series. Or, $120 for ALL WCHA games, whenever you want to watch them....a pretty good deal if you are interested in any other college hockey games.

I'm not sure your VHS will be able to stream the games, though

Comment

I have a local provider in Northern MN with completely different channel numbers than Comcast and Charter (and Dish and the other dish one whose name I can't recall). And the guide only allows me to look a few days ahead (and it has happened in the past where the guide didn't actually list a game that was on) so I was hoping there were specific channel call letters I could look for. Not sure my provider has channels for special events though.

Comment

Who is Minnesota State?

Never heard of them.

Comment

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
                              Who is Minnesota State?

Never heard of them.
                              If memory serves correctly it's the team that clobbered the University of Minnesota - Twin Cities less than a year ago.

Comment

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
                                Who is Minnesota State?

Never heard of them.

The team with 3% of the budget of U of M and is still doing better.

Comment

Working...
                                X