Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ferris State playing at 11 pm et, 3800 miles from home with the Seawolves, Nov 13/14

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Ferris State playing at 11 pm et, 3800 miles from home with the Seawolves, Nov 13/14

    The University of Alaska Anchorage and the Varsity Sports Grill will once again team up for Seawolf Hockey’s Coaches Corner, every Thursday prior to a UAA home series from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. AST in the Alaska Airlines Center
    Meanwhile, fans that stick around for the entire hour will have a chance at winning a free, worn jersey from a former Seawolf, which will be raffled off. Seawolf alum Scott Allen’s away jersey from the 2014-15 campaign will be in the raffle for the next show, Nov. 12.
    Show up and have fun maybe leave with a nice sweater.. I like mine
    Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
    UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.


    Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

    I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

  • #2
    Re: Ferris State playing at 11 pm et, 3800 miles from home with the Seawolves, Nov 13

    Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
    The University of Alaska Anchorage and the Varsity Sports Grill will once again team up for Seawolf Hockey’s Coaches Corner, every Thursday prior to a UAA home series from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. AST in the Alaska Airlines Center
    Meanwhile, fans that stick around for the entire hour will have a chance at winning a free, worn jersey from a former Seawolf, which will be raffled off. Seawolf alum Scott Allen’s away jersey from the 2014-15 campaign will be in the raffle for the next show, Nov. 12.
    Show up and have fun maybe leave with a nice sweater.. I like mine
    Nitpicking: The Jersey is a door prize not a raffle isn't it?
    A raffle you have to purchase a ticket to enter the drawing.
    A door prize, the entry ticket is free.
    The jersey you won (Gunderson, away green) was a door prize.
    Your entry ticket was free the way I remember it.
    Coaches Corner is the chance to hear Matt Thomas talk with Voice of the Seawolves David Tuttle and they always have a player show up and speak.
    Great chance to hear whats going on and ask any questions you have.
    Last edited by Seawolf Fan; 11-08-2015, 11:06 PM.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Ferris State playing at 11 pm et, 3800 miles from home with the Seawolves, Nov 13

      Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
      Nitpicking: The Jersey is a door prize not a raffle isn't it?
      A raffle you have to purchase a ticket to enter the drawing.
      A door prize, the entry ticket is free.
      The jersey you won (Gunderson, away green) was a door prize.
      Your entry ticket was free the way I remember it.
      Nitpicking: I showed up.. got a ticket, got a local beverage, ate a great meal,, coach talked ,fans asked questions, they pulled my number. won a white gunny sweater.
      Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
      UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.


      Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

      I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Ferris State playing at 11 pm et, 3800 miles from home with the Seawolves, Nov 13

        Ferris coming off a split at home to the wide fast ice of the sully. late night game for them and the Seawolves coming off a bye weekend after a split with Bowling green.
        Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
        UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.


        Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

        I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Ferris State playing at 11 pm et, 3800 miles from home with the Seawolves, Nov 13

          Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
          Ferris coming off a split at home to the wide fast ice of the sully. late night game for them and the Seawolves coming off a bye weekend after a split with Bowling green.
          Best get a reservation for the coaches show at the varsity grill as high school state volleyball at the AAC, call or go on line to make it. on line is the fastest way

          You may leave with a great door prize.
          Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
          UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.


          Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

          I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Ferris State playing at 11 pm et, 3800 miles from home with the Seawolves, Nov 13

            I want to wish all Ferris and UAA fans a "Happy Veteran's Day" Tomorrow for those who have served and are serving. Thank you for all the sacrifice you do to make out country great. For those that happen to be in ROTC at Ferris or UAA, thank you for making a decision to serve our country as Officers.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Ferris State playing at 11 pm et, 3800 miles from home with the Seawolves, Nov 13

              Originally posted by Wolfman View Post
              I want to wish all Ferris and UAA fans a "Happy Veteran's Day" Tomorrow for those who have served and are serving. Thank you for all the sacrifice you do to make out country great. For those that happen to be in ROTC at Ferris or UAA, thank you for making a decision to serve our country as Officers.
              Thank you for serving and All Vets ..thanks for your service.
              Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
              UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.


              Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

              I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Ferris State playing at 11 pm et, 3800 miles from home with the Seawolves, Nov 13

                No free GCI cable showing the hockey game this weekend . you and your wallet will have show up to the sully to watch the Seawolves put the Bulldogs to sleep in their "midnight" series.

                Hint hint go to coaches show Thursday night 6 pm at the AAC. ....be lucky win the sweater and wear it to the games. better get a reservation as state volleyball tournament going on this weekend.
                Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.


                Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

                I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Ferris State playing at 11 pm et, 3800 miles from home with the Seawolves, Nov 13

                  Hard to win when it's 6 on 8.
                  U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                  Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                  I spell Failure with UAF

                  Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                  But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                  Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                  Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                    Hard to win when it's 6 on 8.
                    Terrible officiating, too many penalties

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Wolfman View Post
                      Terrible officiating, too many penalties
                      Absolutely atrocious. #21 had a point to prove and wanted the game to be about him.

                      The richness of calling a "charging the goaltender" penalty after the game was over.
                      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                      I spell Failure with UAF

                      Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                        Absolutely atrocious. #21 had a point to prove and wanted the game to be about him.

                        The richness of calling a "charging the goaltender" penalty after the game was over.
                        Mantha was creamed, what a cheap shot. No repurcussions for that since the game was over. League should make him sit tomorrow night! I hope Thomas talks to Shep.
                        Originally Posted by aparch
                        I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

                        From ADN:

                        "According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

                        UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Suze View Post
                          Mantha was creamed, what a cheap shot. No repurcussions for that since the game was over. League should make him sit tomorrow night! I hope Thomas talks to Shep.
                          The two frustrating ones were the high sticking that turned into a 4 on 4 and the nice cross check to the head that got 2 minutes!
                          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                          I spell Failure with UAF

                          Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Ferris State playing at 11 pm et, 3800 miles from home with the Seawolves, Nov 13

                            Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                            The two frustrating ones were the high sticking that turned into a 4 on 4 and the nice cross check to the head that got 2 minutes!
                            I know. The 5 and misconduct on Erb-Ekholm was a terrible call. How does a player who gets checked into the boards face first end up laying the opposite way on the ice? At best it was 2 minutes on UAA and embellishment on Ferris. I know that the league makes refs watch a replay of the game before the next game is played, hopefully they see what a incompetent job they did. I have kept my mouth shut about the job the refs do for a very long time ... but they handed the game to Ferris last night.

                            When Mitchell was purposely crosschecked HARD into the goal post, that should have been called and would have given UAA a 5 on 3 of their own. No excuse for the cheap shot on Mantha after the horn. That player should sit tonight.
                            Last edited by Suze; 11-14-2015, 12:31 PM.
                            Originally Posted by aparch
                            I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

                            From ADN:

                            "According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

                            UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Ferris State playing at 11 pm et, 3800 miles from home with the Seawolves, Nov 13

                              Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                              Absolutely atrocious. #21 had a point to prove and wanted the game to be about him.

                              The richness of calling a "charging the goaltender" penalty after the game was over.
                              What's odd is that there is no 21 listed on the WCHA site under "WCHA Officials":

                              http://www.wcha.com/men/wcha/officials.php
                              Originally Posted by aparch
                              I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

                              From ADN:

                              "According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

                              UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X