• Show
Clear All

• Re: St. Lawrence University Skating Saints - 2015-2016

Does SLU have a game tonight ?
    It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

• Originally posted by sshablak View Post
      You betcha!! You're storming the Anthill!!
      (Obscure Kirk Douglas reference )
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by sshablak View Post
        Not your average game of cards on a Friday night. Stack the deck with Scarlet.

Comment

LGT LGT LGT
          Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
          And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
          WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
          If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

• Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
            Not your average game of cards on a Friday night. Stack the deck with Scarlet.
            She's a BU fan.
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
              She's a BU fan.
              Yep, met her previously at a frozen four. She's always welcome to cheer on the team donning her namesake colors, though

Comment

Congrats, guys. Better team won.

And I'm still banned.
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post

And I'm still banned.
                  "Say it aint so Joe!"
                  SLU65

Comment

Congrats, great win !
                    It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post

And I'm still banned.
                      I don't know what we can do about that Joe. I'm not sure who the admin for the page is. You have my vote to get back in.

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                      Congrats, great win !
                      Thanks. As much as the win it's always nice to see Appleton packed to the rafters with people standing all around the top as this video from Cap Carey and the Watertown Times shows. Unfortunately Cap didn't capture any of the goals in the video but they ours are all on the SLU article recap.

http://www.watertowndailytimes.com/s...video-20161210
                      SLU

Comment

Originally posted by Ivan Lennon View Post
                        "Say it aint so Joe!"
                        Ivan - what's the link for Izzy Demsky's ('39) video tribute? I saw you mention it on FB, but no link.
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• Originally posted by critsports View Post
                          I don't know what we can do about that Joe. I'm not sure who the admin for the page is. You have my vote to get back in.
                          I think it's Bruce and one of the Wainwrights. I remember when it happened, I mentioned that Joe's a good guy, and maybe it was an ill advised comment but he shouldn't be banned for it, but it fell on deaf ears. Unfortunate, really.

Comment

• Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                            I think it's Bruce and one of the Wainwrights. I remember when it happened, I mentioned that Joe's a good guy, and maybe it was an ill advised comment but he shouldn't be banned for it, but it fell on deaf ears. Unfortunate, really.
                            It wasn't ill advised. Kyle is one heck of a goalie but sometimes acts less than stellar right after the game. I said he needed to act better. The sysop acted like I had called Coach Carvel a bad name.

It doesn't help that my avatar is a picture of "Clarkson", either.

Perhaps I'll see some of you at Kettler on 1/7 or 1/8. We can have some laughs then.
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                              It wasn't ill advised. Kyle is one heck of a goalie but sometimes acts less than stellar right after the game. I said he needed to act better. The sysop acted like I had called Coach Carvel a bad name.

It doesn't help that my avatar is a picture of "Clarkson", either.

Perhaps I'll see some of you at Kettler on 1/7 or 1/8. We can have some laughs then.
                              In a group primarily meant for SLU fans, and as a Clarkson supporter, it was probably ill advised for the group of people that it was posted towards. That isn't saying that the sentiment is false or wrong, as I certainly see (and probably mostly agree with) your position. The only reasonable rebuttal I would give is that showing emotion is one of the great things of college hockey.

But I do laugh at some of our townie fans on there who want Pecknold's head for "classless" things (that horse is long dead, not trying to bring it up again), yet don't hold our own to that same standard.

Suffice to say, I would have liked to see that whole FB group ban thing handled differently, as you're always enjoyable to have a little good natured back and forth with, Joe.

Comment

www.stlawu.edu/media-room/legacy-kirk-douglas
                                SLU65

Comment

Working...
                                X