Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: St. Lawrence University Skating Saints - 2015-2016

Originally posted by critsports View Post
    If you really want to talk about the he Clarkson hockey as opposed to the aforementioned Kelly Clarkson.......Tim and I were talking about what the odds were that a certain Casey Jones will survive the year??? Any thoughts on what he has to do to stay employed (and not at Arbys or McDonalds.)???
    Get the NCAA to declare that the regular season ends in October.

Comment

As long as Casey has a contract, Casey is not going anywhere. The school does not have the resources to pay two head coaches at the same time.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

joecct, were you guys expecting Jannick Asselin leaving? I see he signed with Norfolk in the ECHL today.
        Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Playing for Pevs

The Dallas Stars released this video yesterday about the night Rich Peverley nearly lost his life. The video focuses more on the aftermath and the team....but none the less well worth the watch. It's 24 minutes long so be forewarned.

http://www.stanleycupofchowder.com/2...-rich-peverley
          SLU

Comment

Good luck this weekend. I hope you win by sufficiently large margins that you arrive on Potsdam on Tuesday tired and overconfident

That should flip the results in our favor.

EDIT: There is/was a Joe Marsh bobble head?!?!?!
            Last edited by joecct; 01-07-2016, 03:32 PM.
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Two important NC games this weekend. Saints really will need to win both to maintain their PWR ranking. Looking forward to a hungry and hard working Saints team playing this evening.
              SLU '97

Comment

Uh, gentlemen - it's time to wake up!
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

That was brutal ... That is all!
                  St. Lawrence Skating Saints Hockey

6 time ECAC Champions: 1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001
                  4 time ECAC Runner-Ups: 1964, 1987, 1991, 1999
                  2 time ECAC Cleary Cup Champions: 2000, 2007
                  16 NCAA Tournament Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1983, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1992, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2007
                  9 NCAA Frozen Four Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1988, 2000
                  2 time NCAA Tournament Runner-Ups: 1961, 1988

Comment

Hadn't played in a month, looked like they han't played in a year. Can't say the effort wasn't there but the execution was MIA. That was not much of a contest for most of the nightt.

Based on the push they made early in the second, I like our chances tomorrow now that they've got a game under their belts.

NU looked pretty good. I hope SLU can make their goalie at least break a sweat tomorrow!

Comment

• Re: St. Lawrence University Skating Saints - 2015-2016

Originally posted by Spaceman View Post
                      Two important NC games this weekend. Saints really will need to win both to maintain their PWR ranking. Looking forward to a hungry and hard working Saints team playing this evening.
                      Don't think we saw either tonight Tayt. The effort was better than that stinker at Vermont........but, layoff or not....we didn't look very good tonight. The offense seems to be sputtering. We get a lot of production from our D.........but, the forward lines have to start putting some pucks in the net. Earlier in the year we were getting a lot of breakaways, odd man rushes and our speed seemed obvious. When we were a man down....we had as good a chance of scoring as the team on the PP. Haven't seen that team in a while. Definitely need to bounce back Sat. night. I'm thinking the three games coming up against Clarkson, Harvard and Dartmouth will tell us the future of this team. 2-1 is what i'd expect. Anything less and I think that will tell us we aren't as good as our press or ranking. Time for this team to start doing rather than saying.
                      SLU

Comment

Originally posted by critsports View Post
                        Don't think we saw either tonight Tayt. The effort was better than that stinker at Vermont........but, layoff or not....we didn't look very good tonight. The offense seems to be sputtering. We get a lot of production from our D.........but, the forward lines have to start putting some pucks in the net. Earlier in the year we were getting a lot of breakaways, odd man rushes and our speed seemed obvious. When we were a man down....we had as good a chance of scoring as the team on the PP. Haven't seen that team in a while. Definitely need to bounce back Sat. night. I'm thinking the three games coming up against Clarkson, Harvard and Dartmouth will tell us the future of this team. 2-1 is what i'd expect. Anything less and I think that will tell us we aren't as good as our press or ranking. Time for this team to start doing rather than saying.
                        I agree completely! It is put up or shut up time as they say. I think we will be fine, but as it appears is typically the case lately with our Saints, we start off the year strong fade a bit in the middle and then finish strong. Hoping we can win tonight, keep on winning and start that push towards a strong finish. We cannot allow ourselves to fall into a hole, especially considering how strong the ECAC is this year. The pairwise, team confidence and the fact that we are about to enter a brutal stretch of road contests makes tonight's game huge. Let's win this one tonight boys!
                        Last edited by Saints#1; 01-09-2016, 08:13 PM.
                        St. Lawrence Skating Saints Hockey

6 time ECAC Champions: 1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001
                        4 time ECAC Runner-Ups: 1964, 1987, 1991, 1999
                        2 time ECAC Cleary Cup Champions: 2000, 2007
                        16 NCAA Tournament Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1983, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1992, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2007
                        9 NCAA Frozen Four Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1988, 2000
                        2 time NCAA Tournament Runner-Ups: 1961, 1988

Comment

I'm gonna pump the brakes a tad. The good news is we positioned ourselves very well for the 2nd half grind. NU has just recently tied a couple very good teams, and we came off 26 days off.

That said, obviously tonight is important to bounce back. This 5 game stretch in 9 days is going to be make or break for the boys, as we know anything can happen with Clarkson, then we get the privilege of Harvard's 100 octane offense. Dartmouth hasn't been playing terribly, either.

Comment

Uh, what the heck is going on? 5 + Game for butt ending?
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Hard to recall two more devastating losses for this program. Very disappointing.

Comment

Wow. Is that who we are?

Comment

Working...
                                X