St. Lawrence University Skating Saints - 2015-2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    Hey does anyone know the deal with Brian Ward? He is listed as a senior on USCHO/StL website but according to elite prospects he's only in his 3rd year. Is this a situation like Carmine Guerrierio where he played juniors as a 21yo so his clock started his last year at Tri-City?
    Transfer from Dartmouth

Comment

Re: St. Lawrence University Skating Saints - 2015-2016

Originally posted by TimU View Post
      Transfer from Dartmouth
      Thanks since he never played a game, Dartmouth didn't make it on elite prospects I guess.
      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
        Thanks since he never played a game, Dartmouth didn't make it on elite prospects I guess.
        After one year with Tri-City, Ward appeared poised to play at Dartmouth. But during the summer before he started classes, Ward injured his back while working. The injury lingered into the fall, and Ward was not healthy enough to play. When he did return, Ward practiced with the Big Green but did not participate in any games. After one semester in Hanover, he made the difficult decision to leave Dartmouth and return to play with Tri-City.....http://valleypatriot.com/ward-commit...l-dream-alive/
        Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
          After one year with Tri-City, Ward appeared poised to play at Dartmouth. But during the summer before he started classes, Ward injured his back while working. The injury lingered into the fall, and Ward was not healthy enough to play. When he did return, Ward practiced with the Big Green but did not participate in any games. After one semester in Hanover, he made the difficult decision to leave Dartmouth and return to play with Tri-City.....http://valleypatriot.com/ward-commit...l-dream-alive/
          yeah, found that article after the first mention of Dartmouth.
          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Start calling your local radio station with this request........

http://northcountrynow.com/news/ill-...llected-so-far
            LETS GO BEARS!

"Never play flag football in the nude"-Bob Kevoian

"Don't let anyone tell you what we do builds character, it only reveals it." J.Marsh

SUNY Potsdam '98

St.Lawrence '00

Mike St. Louis is not a BUM!

Comment

Originally posted by Saints17 View Post
              Start calling your local radio station with this request........

http://northcountrynow.com/news/ill-...llected-so-far
              Kirk Douglas and Viggo Mortensen residuals will fund the school unti the end of time.
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

You are never too old to play hockey

http://www.ecachockey.com/men/member...012_Old_Player
                Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Originally posted by vicb View Post
                  You are never too old to play hockey

http://www.ecachockey.com/men/member...012_Old_Player
                  Guinness got it wrong. There was a story a moth or two ago on one of the network news shows about a guy in his 90s still playing.

Comment

In honor of an upcoming event - http://cooking.nytimes.com/guides/5-how-to-make-burgers
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                      I was a little disappointed that there wasn't more information on how to properly flip them.

Comment

Well.........looking at the very recent results the ECAC seems to more than holding it's own against out of conference opponents. Brown had a real surprise today knocking off number one Providence in OT. Harvard won the Mariucci Tournament, and Dartmouth beat a very good and ranked Merrimack team today 3-0. I saw Merrimack beat us earlier in the year and was very impressed by their team and the speed of a couple of their snipers......so, certainly an impressive win for Dartmouth. Union is now starting to play well and they also knocked off Merrimack this weekend. On the other hand Q tied Northeastern who is headed our way. Cornell was Jeckyll and Hyde this past week knocking off Providence then getting blown out to what everyone feels is a mediocre Ohio State team. Meanwhile we've been on the side lines.

I like the fact we open with two non conference games. I think that will get us back warmed up prior the stream of ECAC games to follow. Going into the second half we'll see if Q Pac holds form or if they as in year's past fade at the end. I'm sold on Harvard being very good and while I think Cornell is a very good team, I think their record is a bit gaudy for who they are. Here's hoping the Saints come out flying in the second half and I'll consider it a success if we win the majority of our ECAC games. We have a lot of tough games left in conference. Harvard twice, Ylae twice, Cornell and Q Pac a game each, away at the Capital District.....it won't be easy. But I think our boys are up to the task. The fun starts up again this weekend. Happy New Year everyone!!!! Let's go Saints!!!!
                        SLU

Comment

Originally posted by critsports View Post
                          Well.........looking at the very recent results the ECAC seems to more than holding it's own against out of conference opponents. Brown had a real surprise today knocking off number one Providence in OT. Harvard won the Mariucci Tournament, and Dartmouth beat a very good and ranked Merrimack team today 3-0. I saw Merrimack beat us earlier in the year and was very impressed by their team and the speed of a couple of their snipers......so, certainly an impressive win for Dartmouth. Union is now starting to play well and they also knocked off Merrimack this weekend. On the other hand Q tied Northeastern who is headed our way. Cornell was Jeckyll and Hyde this past week knocking off Providence then getting blown out to what everyone feels is a mediocre Ohio State team. Meanwhile we've been on the side lines.

I like the fact we open with two non conference games. I think that will get us back warmed up prior the stream of ECAC games to follow. Going into the second half we'll see if Q Pac holds form or if they as in year's past fade at the end. I'm sold on Harvard being very good and while I think Cornell is a very good team, I think their record is a bit gaudy for who they are. Here's hoping the Saints come out flying in the second half and I'll consider it a success if we win the majority of our ECAC games. We have a lot of tough games left in conference. Harvard twice, Ylae twice, Cornell and Q Pac a game each, away at the Capital District.....it won't be easy. But I think our boys are up to the task. The fun starts up again this weekend. Happy New Year everyone!!!! Let's go Saints!!!!
                          What, no mention of Clarkson's split with ranked Bowling Green and a week from tomorrow the Saints come marchin into Cheel to begin the 2nd half of the ECAC season .

LGT LGT LGT
                          Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                          And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                          WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                          If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

What, no mention of Clarkson's split with ranked Bowling Green and a week from tomorrow the Saints come marchin into Cheel to begin the 2nd half of the ECAC season .

LGT LGT LGT
                            Who is this Clarkson you speak of? Never heard of her.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                              Who is this Clarkson you speak of? Never heard of her.
                              She won American Idol #1, but I digress. Vic and I speak with reverence about 3 sisters of many moons ago who founded a college that bears their name and that of their late brother.

It's located in a small village that is sophisticated enough to have a McDonalds AND an Arby's.

In 8 days the annual Burger Bash will resume. I hope you bring your flippers.
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

LGT LGT LGT
                                Well Vic............if I was going to mention anything about Kelly Clarkson it would be that she started out great but has fizzled of late. However when it comes to match ups with us.....she always gives us fits. I'm serious when I say that the ECAC competition is so close and fierce that any record for us above .500 in ECAC play will be a win for me.

I'm down here in NJ for a week on business. I have no plans Thursday night and I just may take a ride over to see Princeton/RPI as I'm staying in Princeton for the night. Please don't alert the paparazzi as I hate it when they bother me when I'm on the road.

If you really want to talk about the he Clarkson hockey as opposed to the aforementioned Kelly Clarkson.......Tim and I were talking about what the odds were that a certain Casey Jones will survive the year??? Any thoughts on what he has to do to stay employed (and not at Arbys or McDonalds.)???
                                SLU

Comment

Working...
                                X