replied
    Re: St. Lawrence University Skating Saints - 2015-2016

Scouting the enemy: Saint Lawrence Saints

http://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/201...aints.html?m=0

Leave a comment:

• joecct
    replied

I might have 2 streams going tonight. Joe is back!

http://www.watertowndailytimes.com/s...&template=mwdt

Leave a comment:

• critsports
    replied

Well that was not too much fun to watch tonight. A rather horrid performance.
    Any kind of special teams play is our undoing. Man up who knows what's going to happen.........the other team is just as likely to score as we are. Man down...our Kill leaves a lot to be desired.

Not sure at all what the answer is???? Brey was OK in net but provided he is healthy I'm betting we see Hayton back tomorrow. Don't know if it is true but I've been told by people who know him that Morris is very impatient with goalies.

Greg was commenting on it during the broadcast and it is amazing how little we shoot the puck. Those two or three wide open nets we missed early on came back to haunt us.
    I have a feeling tomorrow nights game is going to be harder than tonight's. Hope the team can snap out of this funk. I don't know if anyone else overheard it but Greg is on the air the whole time the Internet feed is on..........but he continues to talk to people when the radio is on commercial break. I swear I heard him say.... "This is going to be a long year" on the end of game break.

Leave a comment:

• sshablak
    replied

Gl slu !!!

Leave a comment:

• vicb
    replied

Originally posted by vicb View Post
    You still have time to get your picks into the ECAC Pick the Standings Contest. Friday at 7PM is the deadline.

http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...ings-2016-2017
    Only one day left to get your picks in.

Leave a comment:

• critsports
    replied

Originally posted by slumulva88 View Post
    Pretty sure the Gophers have never come to Appleton. Although the Saints did play them in the semis in Lake Placid in '88, so I guess that technically counts as the North Country. That was a nice outcome -- thank you Pete Lappin!! Wisconsin was in Appleton in '88 as well for the quarterfinals and I believe they came again in either '89 or '90 during the regular season. Should be a good weekend, wish I was making the trek north.
    Here is the official word from our former Sports Information Director:
    Wally Johnson This will be the first visit ever for Minnesota. Wisconsin was here for the 88 and 89 NCAA's, but will be making its first ever regular season appearance

Leave a comment:

• slumulva88
    replied

Pretty sure the Gophers have never come to Appleton. Although the Saints did play them in the semis in Lake Placid in '88, so I guess that technically counts as the North Country. That was a nice outcome -- thank you Pete Lappin!! Wisconsin was in Appleton in '88 as well for the quarterfinals and I believe they came again in either '89 or '90 during the regular season. Should be a good weekend, wish I was making the trek north.

Leave a comment:

• critsports
    replied

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    To the best of the collected knowledge on the CCT roundtable, Minnesota has never been to the North Country. Wisconsin has made 2 trips to Potsdam, both for the NCAAs (1-2-1). We're not sure about Canton.
    I can't remember.............I could go to the SLU Hockey page on Facebook and ask Wally Johnson. I know I saw two games where North Dakota came to Appleton in 2001 and I know we went out to Wisconsin the year before that, but, not sure at all about Minny coming this way. No recollection of that.

Leave a comment:

• joecct
    replied
    Originally posted by sshablak View Post
    This has to be one of the biggest hockey weekends in the north country for some time. When's the last time Minny played in NY state ? Ever ? What's the atmosphere like up there ? And GL north country !
    To the best of the collected knowledge on the CCT roundtable, Minnesota has never been to the North Country. Wisconsin has made 2 trips to Potsdam, both for the NCAAs (1-2-1). We're not sure about Canton.

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
    This has to be one of the biggest hockey weekends in the north country for some time. When's the last time Minny played in NY state ? Ever ? What's the atmosphere like up there ? And GL north country !
    They were in the RPI Holiday tourney in 62-63. I don't know if they played anyone else in NY since then.

If it counts, they won the NCAA tourney in Buffalo in 2003.

Leave a comment:

• sshablak
    replied

Leave a comment:

• vicb
    replied

You still have time to get your picks into the ECAC Pick the Standings Contest. Friday at 7PM is the deadline.

Leave a comment:

• hockeyplayer1015
    replied
    Originally posted by critsports View Post
    If we go 0-2 at home against Wisconsin and Minnesota we likely will.
    Sadly, that result wouldn't surprise me. Minnesota is a quality team, as you would expect. Wisconsin played BC very tough earlier this year.

I also wouldn't be entirely surprised if we sweep. We're still a quality team, just gotta put the 60 minute effort in. And score on the power play. And stay out of the box. And... Sigh.

Leave a comment:

• critsports
    replied

Well we dropped all the way down to 18th. It always amuses me that teams like Yale and Harvard who haven't played a game yet are ranked and ahead of us and many other teams.
    Yes our competition was tough this weekend.............but, after taking three points I can't believe Clarkson didn't move into the top 20 and that we didn't disappear. If we go 0-2 at home against Wisconsin and Minnesota we likely will.

Leave a comment:

• joecct
    replied
    Originally posted by vicb View Post
    I have been in the Mediterranean Sea on a 2 week cruise visiting and eating my way around Italy, Spain, Portugal, France and Gibraltar(UK). I come back and with less than one week to go before RPI and Union kick off the ECAC campaign and I find only 22 contestants. Come on people. You have until Friday at 7PM to get your picks in or amend your previous picks. If doing an amendment just give me a new post with your revised picks and state that they are revised.

You had us worried, buddy. Glad to see it was just a cruise.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X