Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

St. Lawrence University Skating Saints - 2015-2016

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: St. Lawrence University Skating Saints - 2015-2016

    Originally posted by joecct View Post
    Ivan - what's the link for Izzy Demsky's ('39) video tribute? I saw you mention it on FB, but no link.
    Got it?
    SLU65

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Ivan Lennon View Post
      Got it?
      Thank you.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

      ”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

      Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

      I want to live forever. So far, so good.

      Comment


      • Re: St. Lawrence University Skating Saints - 2015-2016

        Originally posted by joecct View Post
        It wasn't ill advised. Kyle is one heck of a goalie but sometimes acts less than stellar right after the game. I said he needed to act better. The sysop acted like I had called Coach Carvel a bad name.
        Well, as it turns out, you might have been in better shape on the FB page had you chose to come for Coach Carvel instead of Kyle!
        St. Lawrence Skating Saints Hockey

        6 time ECAC Champions: 1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001
        4 time ECAC Runner-Ups: 1964, 1987, 1991, 1999
        2 time ECAC Cleary Cup Champions: 2000, 2007
        16 NCAA Tournament Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1983, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1992, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2007
        9 NCAA Frozen Four Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1988, 2000
        2 time NCAA Tournament Runner-Ups: 1961, 1988

        Comment


        • Re: St. Lawrence University Skating Saints - 2015-2016

          Originally posted by Saints#1 View Post
          Well, as it turns out, you might have been in better shape on the FB page had you chose to come for Coach Carvel instead of Kyle!
          Must have been fun after last night. My burger tasted extra special good watching ASU lay the graphite to UMASS.

          EDIT: And some very satisfying pulled pork tonight! SWEEP!
          Last edited by joecct; 12-17-2016, 09:26 PM.
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

          ”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

          Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

          I want to live forever. So far, so good.

          Comment


          • Re: St. Lawrence University Skating Saints - 2015-2016

            Hey Joe, Not that I agree with it, but you can't B*tch that SLU booted you from THEIR FB site....even though we are friendly with many SLU posters....there are others that don't share the same view. c'est la vie

            Comment


            • Originally posted by drewcu View Post
              Hey Joe, Not that I agree with it, but you can't B*tch that SLU booted you from THEIR FB site....even though we are friendly with many SLU posters....there are others that don't share the same view. c'est la vie
              I'm having fun with it. It's become sort of a game. Once a week I hit the join key and once a week it gets rejected.

              Brian understands. He gets booted from the CCT chat room at least 5x a night. However, we (it) always let him back in.
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

              ”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

              Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

              I want to live forever. So far, so good.

              Comment


              • Re: St. Lawrence University Skating Saints - 2015-2016

                Originally posted by joecct View Post
                I'm having fun with it. It's become sort of a game. Once a week I hit the join key and once a week it gets rejected.

                Brian understands. He gets booted from the CCT chat room at least 5x a night. However, we (it) always let him back in.
                Joe, You are giving me/the CCT chat room (CR) too much credit........the CR boots me about 10x a night, more if there's an OT game or games, and you CCT fans keep track. Re FB, somebody posted there a video of the dislodged net. After seeing that, they need to kick me out so I NEVER have to see that again.

                The CR is fun during games, except when we play each other. Hence, I stayed out of there on 12/9.
                GO SAINTS.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Muskieman View Post
                  Joe, You are giving me/the CCT chat room (CR) too much credit........the CR boots me about 10x a night, more if there's an OT game or games, and you CCT fans keep track. Re FB, somebody posted there a video of the dislodged net. After seeing that, they need to kick me out so I NEVER have to see that again.

                  The CR is fun during games, except when we play each other. Hence, I stayed out of there on 12/9.
                  You would have been welcome. IIRC, Frank Cole was also the ref for the CCT-LSSU QF series in 1991.
                  Last edited by joecct; 12-19-2016, 08:16 AM.
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

                  ”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

                  Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

                  I want to live forever. So far, so good.

                  Comment


                  • Re: St. Lawrence University Skating Saints - 2015-2016

                    In case there's some Saints fans not in the Facebook group, or for those on the outside spying in on our paradise...

                    The recruit we got a commit from a month ago, Alex Gilmour, has enrolled for the spring and will make his debut tonight at UVM. Big bodied forward, hopefully he comes in and makes an impact right away.
                    Last edited by hockeyplayer1015; 01-03-2017, 05:02 PM.

                    Comment


                    • Re: St. Lawrence University Skating Saints - 2015-2016

                      Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                      In case there's some Saints fans not in the Facebook group, or for those on the outside spying in on our paradise...

                      The recruit we got a commit from a month ago, Alex Gilmour, has enrolled for the spring and will make his debut tonight at UVM. Big bodied forward, hopefully he comes in and makes an impact right away.
                      6'4" 220 Lbs. I hear? ... I heard this earlier today and had heard no mention of it previously. This is great news indeed as we could use his size and strength.
                      St. Lawrence Skating Saints Hockey

                      6 time ECAC Champions: 1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001
                      4 time ECAC Runner-Ups: 1964, 1987, 1991, 1999
                      2 time ECAC Cleary Cup Champions: 2000, 2007
                      16 NCAA Tournament Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1983, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1992, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2007
                      9 NCAA Frozen Four Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1988, 2000
                      2 time NCAA Tournament Runner-Ups: 1961, 1988

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Saints#1 View Post
                        6'4" 220 Lbs. I hear? ... I heard this earlier today and had heard no mention of it previously. This is great news indeed as we could use his size and strength.
                        He's listed as 6'5, 210 on the game sheet. The recruiting info I had seen was 6'4, 207. Either way, a big body and has video of some nice, heavy shots.

                        Comment


                        • Re: St. Lawrence University Skating Saints - 2015-2016

                          I wish you SLU people would continue to converse here, this is one of my everyday am visits.
                          It all starts with the goaltending.

                          Comment


                          • Re: St. Lawrence University Skating Saints - 2015-2016

                            Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                            He's listed as 6'5, 210 on the game sheet. The recruiting info I had seen was 6'4, 207. Either way, a big body and has video of some nice, heavy shots.
                            Much needed size and strength. I have seen a few videos of him that have been circulating around. He'll be a great asset to our team down the stretch and going forward.
                            St. Lawrence Skating Saints Hockey

                            6 time ECAC Champions: 1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001
                            4 time ECAC Runner-Ups: 1964, 1987, 1991, 1999
                            2 time ECAC Cleary Cup Champions: 2000, 2007
                            16 NCAA Tournament Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1983, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1992, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2007
                            9 NCAA Frozen Four Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1988, 2000
                            2 time NCAA Tournament Runner-Ups: 1961, 1988

                            Comment


                            • Re: St. Lawrence University Skating Saints - 2015-2016

                              Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                              I wish you SLU people would continue to converse here, this is one of my everyday am visits.
                              I try and come on every now and again and chime in with the latest, but as others have mentioned, the Saints Facebook page does get a lot more of mine and others attention these days than this forum does. I find myself enjoying reading the other ECAC teams forums and posting on the Facebook page. I'm sure other Saints fans are the same way. They will be back in the future I am sure, so no worries!
                              St. Lawrence Skating Saints Hockey

                              6 time ECAC Champions: 1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001
                              4 time ECAC Runner-Ups: 1964, 1987, 1991, 1999
                              2 time ECAC Cleary Cup Champions: 2000, 2007
                              16 NCAA Tournament Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1983, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1992, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2007
                              9 NCAA Frozen Four Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1988, 2000
                              2 time NCAA Tournament Runner-Ups: 1961, 1988

                              Comment


                              • Re: St. Lawrence University Skating Saints - 2015-2016

                                Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                                In case there's some Saints fans not in the Facebook group, or for those on the outside spying in on our paradise...

                                The recruit we got a commit from a month ago, Alex Gilmour, has enrolled for the spring and will make his debut tonight at UVM. Big bodied forward, hopefully he comes in and makes an impact right away.
                                According to Tim who was at the UVM game he didn't get a ton of ice time. Tim said Morris made the bench real short with the first two lines getting most of the ice time. He also said compared to some of the UVM forwards he (Gilmour) needs to work on getting faster. (If one can do that.)

                                Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                                I wish you SLU people would continue to converse here, this is one of my everyday am visits.
                                Sorry Shabby.......we have a few people who no longer post on either who were prodigious posters on this site. But the Facebook page is so much easier to use. You get notifications on your phone when someone posts something, etc. so it's a little more fan friendly. We won't forget you and will try to post here. Tell us while your here. How is that new barn down there?????

                                RE: Tonight's game.........that was a horrible result. If we don't come out tomorrow night and blow them out of their barn I'll be very concerned. Even more important, I didn't listen or watch but I heard Bayreuther did not not play and is out for a period of time with an upper body injury. Anyone know the scoop??? We now have our best Defense player and our best forward (Pritchard) out of the lineup for what I hear is an extended period of time. Does anyone know the extent of Gavin's injury and how long he might be out?? I heard through the very unofficial grapevine that it was going to be a bit before he can come back. What a shame for that to happen in his senior year.

                                The way things are shaping up with those two guys out either everyone is going to have to really pick up the pace.....or, we will be fighting to even finish top 4.
                                SLU

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X