Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yale & Brown @ RPI & Union (11/13, 11/14)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• goblue78
    replied
    Re: Yale & Brown @ RPI & Union (11/13, 11/14)

Thanks to FD and Wicked... LT: I probably should have asked you directly.

Recently bought a weekend place not too far away, so I'm looking forward to many visits...

Leave a comment:

• Wicked Slappaahs
    replied
    Originally posted by goblue78 View Post
    Hi, Engineers. Making my first trip to Troy on Friday night. Would welcome any logistical advice... Where to get a bite and some brew before the game, where to park, etc, etc. Thanks.
    Hilton Garden Inn on the hill in Troy is what you want - close to rink. (The attached Recovery Room food is lousy, but the beer is cold)
    If you're a craft beer fan - The Ruck is a must stop - about 30 on tap (elevated pub grub too)
    Dinosaur BBQ is solidly mid-rate bbq
    If you or your clan want slightly more refined - Pecks Arcade has great food and excellent wine list
    I'll never to tell anyone who's had New Haven pizza about another town's pizza -- but the Notty Pine is an institution and the pizza is pretty darn good ( outside of New Haven)

Leave a comment:

• LTsatch
    replied

Hi, Engineers. Making my first trip to Troy on Friday night. Would welcome any logistical advice... Where to get a bite and some brew before the game, where to park, etc, etc. Thanks.
    Hotel Indigo in Latham is a good place. Both times in Troy I pregamed at The Notty Pine Tavern which is about six blocks from the rink and an easy walk. Good beers and food. I got there early enough and was able to park on the street leading up to the rink front doors, the lot is not far from the rink either. http://nottypinetavern.com/ If you are going to Union skip the fire trap of a rink and go get a corned beef reuben and a Guinness at Katie O'Byrnes and watch the game on your phone. http://www.katieobyrnespub.com/menu.php

Leave a comment:

• FlagDUDE08
    replied

Brew-wise, Brown's downtown on River Street is a good place, OK restaurant goes along with it. Recovery sports bar & grill is a little closer, on NY 7 where the Hilton is. There's a fairly large parking lot at 13th and Peoples which offers a shuttle service up to the Field House, or you might be able to get something on the street (albeit that fills up fast). Fans of the visiting team are generally invited to sit behind the pole where the home fans don't have to look at you , but in all seriousness, the visitor's bench is behind section 8, so you may want to plan in accordance with that. It's not Freakout, so it probably won't sell out. Corners are obstructed by poles, though. Not sure if you're planning on staying in the area to go to the DOT salt dome- er Messa, but if you are, you may want to stay in Latham (along exit 6 of I-87, about halfway between the two).

Leave a comment:

• goblue78
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ServinisScores
    replied

I'll give early and often. You're welcome.

Leave a comment:

• FlagDUDE08
    replied

Have to be in ENY for the weekend anyway. Toss-up on actually going to Friday's game. Have another event on Saturday; MAYBE will make it to the forums in time.

Leave a comment:

• jericho
    replied

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
    Maybe the secret is to have him stay in Canton. There’s a collection I’ll give to
    I don't have much to give, but I'll provide the one-way transportation.

Leave a comment:

• turk181
    replied

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    We did pretty well today without FD08.
    Originally posted by jericho View Post
    And it was much more enjoyable.
    Maybe the secret is to have him stay in Canton. There’s a collection I’ll give to

Leave a comment:

• jericho
    replied

We did pretty well today without FD08. :
    And it was much more enjoyable.

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

Originally posted by jericho View Post
    The game thread isn't going to be nearly as long. Ralph, the Field House has Wi-Fi.
    We did pretty well today without FD08.
    Last edited by Ralph Baer; 11-07-2015, 09:23 PM.

Leave a comment:

• jericho
    replied

Looking forward to being there next weekend. (The kiss of death.)
    The game thread isn't going to be nearly as long. Ralph, the Field House has Wi-Fi.

Leave a comment:

• DrDemento
    replied

We might consider taking up a collection and paying you to stay home.

Leave a comment:

• fr. joe
    replied

Ralph's coming to town. Be ready for some heavy weather.

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X