Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yale & Brown @ RPI & Union (11/13, 11/14)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ralph Baer
    replied
    Re: Yale & Brown @ RPI & Union (11/13, 11/14)

Leave a comment:

• FlagDUDE08
    replied

It would not surprise me one bit if Whittet gets suspended for a game for calling out what truly was a terrible call.

Leave a comment:

• fr. joe
    replied

Keep the momentum going. Let's go, Red!

Leave a comment:

• FlagDUDE08
    replied

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
    THIS WEEKEND’S OFFICIALS: The Referees for Friday night’s game against Yale will be Brad Leblanc and Chip McDonald
    Congratulations to Yale on having full-speed power play practice on Friday night.

Leave a comment:

• engineerhockeyfan
    replied

Once again we get whom I consider the worst ref in the ECAC, Chip THIS WEEKEND’S OFFICIALS: The Referees for Friday night’s game against Yale will be Brad Leblanc and Chip McDonald, while the linesmen will be Michael Emanatian and Jim Briggs ... Saturday night will feature Cameron Lynch and Michael Mullen as referees and Stephen Drain and Philip Kitchen as linesmen. http://www.rpiathletics.com/document...WN.pdf?id=2319
    Great, so on Friday we have the worst ref and Michael Emanatian who has an aversion to dropping the puck. It is going to be a very long night.

Leave a comment:

• lugnut92
    replied

Michael Emanatian
    Gross.

Leave a comment:

• turk181
    replied

Once again we get whom I consider the worst ref in the ECAC, Chip THIS WEEKEND’S OFFICIALS: The Referees for Friday night’s game against Yale will be Brad Leblanc and Chip McDonald, while the linesmen will be Michael Emanatian and Jim Briggs ... Saturday night will feature Cameron Lynch and Michael Mullen as referees and Stephen Drain and Philip Kitchen as linesmen. http://www.rpiathletics.com/document...WN.pdf?id=2319

Leave a comment:

• fishcore12
    replied

Originally posted by goblue78 View Post
    Hi, Engineers. Making my first trip to Troy on Friday night. Would welcome any logistical advice... Where to get a bite and some brew before the game, where to park, etc, etc. Thanks.
    My only piece of advice is if your sitting in the visitor section it is section 19 not 9. The tickets sometime seem to print the 1 in the 19 where you cant see it that well. I gladly help those who are lost but I can't promise any of the others in section 9 will.

Leave a comment:

• lugnut92
    replied

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
    How the hell did you get through the Institute without getting bombed on the weekends?
    I didn't say I didn't drink, I said I never tried their beer. It's a lot harder to get alcohol underage at a restaurant/bar than it is to get it at a party.

Leave a comment:

• Red Cloud
    replied

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
    I'll admit that I've never actually tried their beer (I was a week away from graduation when I came of age)
    How the hell did you get through the Institute without getting bombed on the weekends?

Leave a comment:

• FlagDUDE08
    replied

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
    I don't think it's just the last few years. One of the first restaurants I tried in Troy was Brown's and the service was garbage then (which would be 2009). The food is great, and I'll admit that I've never actually tried their beer (I was a week away from graduation when I came of age), but the service has always bad in my experience.
    They have good beer. Not the best I've ever had, but I do seek it out (albeit at the bar, usually not food service). Their food has declined since I was at the 'tute. Maybe my expectations for service aren't as high, but when I went with FlagDUDETTE and a few others a while back, service was terrible even for my standards.

Leave a comment:

• lugnut92
    replied

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    Good to know my last experience there wasn't a one-off issue. What the heck happened to them in the past few years?!
    I don't think it's just the last few years. One of the first restaurants I tried in Troy was Brown's and the service was garbage then (which would be 2009). The food is great, and I'll admit that I've never actually tried their beer (I was a week away from graduation when I came of age), but the service has always bad in my experience.

Leave a comment:

• FlagDUDE08
    replied

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
    it's far superior to that of Brown's (where the service is dogplop).
    Good to know my last experience there wasn't a one-off issue. What the heck happened to them in the past few years?!

Leave a comment:

• Red Cloud
    replied

Originally posted by goblue78 View Post
    Hi, Engineers. Making my first trip to Troy on Friday night. Would welcome any logistical advice... Where to get a bite and some brew before the game, where to park, etc, etc. Thanks.
    Can't go wrong with Rare Form Brewery (Congress Street west of 4th St) - only beer, but it's far superior to that of Brown's (where the service is dogplop). As far as food is concerned, Dinosaur BBQ is pretty solid although you'll have to be there early on a Friday night if you're going to the game. There's a decent menu at the Recovery Room Bar (alternatively known as the "Penalty Box") on Hoosick Street, which is right in the Hilton Garden Inn (also a nice place to stay not far from the Field House), perfect for pre-game and/or post-game. If you stay in Troy, recommend breakfast or brunch at Manory's Restaurant, corner of Congress St and 4th St. Greasy spoon fare but a classic Troy experience and chances are pretty good you'll find people talking about the previous night's game.

If you arrive early enough, you should be able to park el freebo along either Burdett Ave or Peoples Ave. Short walk (albeit uphill) from there. If you're like half of the crowd and don't show up until five minutes into the game, suggest you park in the lot just to the west of 15th St on Peoples Ave (you'll see signs), and there's a free shuttle to the Field House from there. Don't try to drive up to where the Field House is above Burdett Ave. You will only grow annoyed.

Leave a comment:

• FlagDUDE08
    replied

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
    Hotel Indigo in Latham is a good place. Both times in Troy I pregamed at The Notty Pine Tavern which is about six blocks from the rink and an easy walk. Good beers and food. I got there early enough and was able to park on the street leading up to the rink front doors, the lot is not far from the rink either. http://nottypinetavern.com/ If you are going to Union skip the fire trap of a rink and go get a corned beef reuben and a Guinness at Katie O'Byrnes and watch the game on your phone. http://www.katieobyrnespub.com/menu.php
    Just remember you have to pay for their terrible stream from their press box where all you see is netting, and it's not part of the Ivy League package.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X