Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UML Riverhawks @ UVM Catamounts: Because Monty said so...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jcarter7669
    replied
    Re: UML Riverhawks @ UVM Catamounts: Because Monty said so...

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
    So what's up with Patronick... you guys give him a lobotomy? First he was defending me on the UConn thread and now we have 3 pages of weekly game thread and nary a word. I'm not sure which is more disconcerting

Anywho...

In my first prediction, for the timeline wise, I am betting Hendrickson picks a UML sweep and Connelly picks a split.
    Well I was wrong, they both picked sweeps. On a positive note for UVM this was Hendricksons thoughts...

"Dave’s pick: Picking a sweep by fourth-ranked Lowell is about as easy as they come."

You Lowell fans should be more then a little nervous with that...

Leave a comment:

• jcarter7669
    replied

So what's up with Patronick... you guys give him a lobotomy? First he was defending me on the UConn thread and now we have 3 pages of weekly game thread and nary a word. I'm not sure which is more disconcerting

Anywho...

In my first prediction, for the timeline wise, I am betting Hendrickson picks a UML sweep and Connelly picks a split.

Leave a comment:

• Patman
    replied
    Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
    UVM Preview (Midweek Press Conference?)

Lowell Weekend Preview

Read on the UVM site Friday night UVM are breaking out new gold uniforms. I wonder if we might see Lowell break out the Silver's (Graphite) for the game, I kinda hope so it would be nice if we could get a win in them to get the monkey off their back
    Please no... I'd like to have my new laptop shatter from the ugliness

Leave a comment:

• UML Puck Hawk
    replied

UVM Preview (Midweek Press Conference?)

Lowell Weekend Preview

Read on the UVM site Friday night UVM are breaking out new gold uniforms. I wonder if we might see Lowell break out the Silver's (Graphite) for the game, I kinda hope so it would be nice if we could get a win in them to get the monkey off their back

Leave a comment:

• CTcatamount
    replied

I like spiderman memes
    It was high handed of me to call for original content only... I just enjoy creating a nice original photoshop (or powerpointshop if I'm at work).

I only like the NSFW spiderman memes haha.

Leave a comment:

• jcarter7669
    replied

Originally posted by CTcatamount View Post
    1. Go Advanced.
    2. Host your image on a free website.
    3. Copy the link from the hosting site (in this case I used direct for website at postimage.com)
    4. Click the insert image button on the forum.
    5. Paste your link.
    6. Preview post. If it gives a link to click instead of posting your picture then you need to change the hosting site link you copied.
    7. Please post original content only... no spiderman meme's etc.

I like spiderman memes

Leave a comment:

• CTcatamount
    replied

1. Go Advanced.
    2. Host your image on a free website.
    3. Copy the link from the hosting site (in this case I used direct for website at postimage.com)
    4. Click the insert image button on the forum.
    5. Paste your link.
    6. Preview post. If it gives a link to click instead of posting your picture then you need to change the hosting site link you copied.
    7. Please post original content only... no spiderman meme's etc.

Leave a comment:

• Middle Street
    replied

How did you get an image in.... whenever I try to do that it just displays the link. I miss the days of posting memes
    If you click 'Reply With Quote' on that post and look at what appears between the [QUOTE] tag you'll see. You need to use the HTML img tag. The catch is it needs to be an image hosted somewhere online.

If it still doesn't work, maybe the admins shut you down.

Leave a comment:

• jcarter7669
    replied

Originally posted by CTcatamount View Post
    I really loved that line.

Have to agree with JCarter's assessment... If the UVM D can't put out a better effort than we've seen this season, it could be a tough weekend.

Enough of the niceties though! I respect the UML dedication to improving the community and sponsoring the rehab of two long term "fans". Stick to weed like we do ladies!

*******UML Fan of the year
    images

How did you get an image in.... whenever I try to do that it just displays the link. I miss the days of posting memes

Leave a comment:

• CTcatamount
    replied

Originally posted by Fishhawk View Post
    Lowell outshoots them 12-2 in the second and has a goal disallowed but ties it up on a shot from the top of the circle that sails way over Santa’s head and ricochets in off the crossbar. 1-1 at break.
    I really loved that line.

Have to agree with JCarter's assessment... If the UVM D can't put out a better effort than we've seen this season, it could be a tough weekend.

Enough of the niceties though! I respect the UML dedication to improving the community and sponsoring the rehab of two long term "fans". Stick to weed like we do ladies!

*******UML Fan of the year
    images

Leave a comment:

• harry
    replied

I would say seeing Santa in net both nights is 99% or greater. There's been too much line shuffling for my liking but certainly J Priv and Mario are going to get points. Petruzzelli has been good lately and can score. Coughlin,a frosh, is good and has been getting some points, albeit he is benefiting from playing a lot of minutes with Mario. A couple of the other Frosh can be dangerous at times, Puffer and O'neil are playing well, but hit or miss scoring wise. They have created some good chances though. Our Offensive is on the younger side, but there is some good forwards in the group. I'd say the future looks bright for UVM offensively, which is almost never the case.

The D is definitely costing us games right now. Too many guys getting burned, no one clearing pucks, no one making it hard for the other teams forwards in front of the net. It's not rampant throughout the game, but there are several breakdowns a game and good teams like ND and UNO really took advantage of those breakdowns. This is perhaps the biggest surprise for me, this it typically and should be a strong suit for the Cats, but it hasn't been thus far. The saving grace, defense is Sneddon's strength and I am confident he will get the guys where they need to be. The question is when... if they were playing up to par that last few weeks There would be 1-2 more in the wins column.

Santa's been good, not great. But, when the other team is getting plenty of cross ice passes through the slot and 4-5 tries at rebounds it's hard to be great. He's prone to a softy here and there, but they are relatively rare.

Lowell has a good team and are clearly playing well. The weekend will really come down to, IMO, how the UVM defense plays. If they have fixed something over the week I can see them holding Lowell to 1-2 goals per game. If I had to say there was a weakness with Lowell it be Offense, but that's from looking at box scores without first hand knowledge. Offensively I see UVM putting up 2-3 GPG. So basically if the UVM D is playing well they have a very good chance of taking some points. If the D continues to play as they have been UML will be putting up 3+GPG and UVM will be lucky to take some points.

If I were a betting man, and I am... the smart money would be a split. Maybe 50% split, 35% Lowell sweep, 15% UVM sweep. At least that is my serious take on it.

My flaming stance is that UVM sweeps and it's not even close. ScottK goes through at least two boxes of tissues and him and PuckHawk spend an uncomfortable moment consoling each other.

I also think this is about spot on.
    The d has been an unexpected weakness for UVM standards.
    While the new freshman forwards have been in/out of the lineup a bit, they show good skills and promise. (not many points, though....)
    The 'right' line combinations will emerge and the d will be better.
    60% split
    30% UVM sweep
    10% UML sweep

Go Cats Go!

Leave a comment:

• UMLFan
    replied

If they have fixed something over the week I can see them holding Lowell to 1-2 goals per game. If I had to say there was a weakness with Lowell it be Offense, but that's from looking at box scores without first hand knowledge.
    That's the strange part. The expectation was the offense would be fine with so much of last year's production returning, but the back end was going to be a question mark. Outside of one game where the offense finally found something, it's been the opposite completely for Lowell.

Leave a comment:

• UML Puck Hawk
    replied

My flaming stance is that UVM sweeps and it's not even close. ScottK goes through at least two boxes of tissues and him and PuckHawk spend an uncomfortable moment consoling each other.
    I'm going to need consoling after this weekend, when Lowell drops and UVM jumps in the SOS due to a Lowell sweep. Can't wait to see how much sweeping you guys hurts us in the RPI.

In all seriousness, at the start of the season I called this a split, and still don't really see it going any other way. I do think there is a decent chance that we see Cleary for one of the two nights, hopefully just to see how he handles a quality opponent (and not because Boyle needs to get pulled).

3-2 UVM Friday, 5-1 Lowell Saturday.

Leave a comment:

• UVM Cat in Texas
    replied
    I would say seeing Santa in net both nights is 99% or greater. There's been too much line shuffling for my liking but certainly J Priv and Mario are going to get points. Petruzzelli has been good lately and can score. Coughlin,a frosh, is good and has been getting some points, albeit he is benefiting from playing a lot of minutes with Mario. A couple of the other Frosh can be dangerous at times, Puffer and O'neil are playing well, but hit or miss scoring wise. They have created some good chances though. Our Offensive is on the younger side, but there is some good forwards in the group. I'd say the future looks bright for UVM offensively, which is almost never the case.

The D is definitely costing us games right now. Too many guys getting burned, no one clearing pucks, no one making it hard for the other teams forwards in front of the net. It's not rampant throughout the game, but there are several breakdowns a game and good teams like ND and UNO really took advantage of those breakdowns. This is perhaps the biggest surprise for me, this it typically and should be a strong suit for the Cats, but it hasn't been thus far. The saving grace, defense is Sneddon's strength and I am confident he will get the guys where they need to be. The question is when... if they were playing up to par that last few weeks There would be 1-2 more in the wins column.

Santa's been good, not great. But, when the other team is getting plenty of cross ice passes through the slot and 4-5 tries at rebounds it's hard to be great. He's prone to a softy here and there, but they are relatively rare.

Lowell has a good team and are clearly playing well. The weekend will really come down to, IMO, how the UVM defense plays. If they have fixed something over the week I can see them holding Lowell to 1-2 goals per game. If I had to say there was a weakness with Lowell it be Offense, but that's from looking at box scores without first hand knowledge. Offensively I see UVM putting up 2-3 GPG. So basically if the UVM D is playing well they have a very good chance of taking some points. If the D continues to play as they have been UML will be putting up 3+GPG and UVM will be lucky to take some points.

If I were a betting man, and I am... the smart money would be a split. Maybe 50% split, 35% Lowell sweep, 15% UVM sweep. At least that is my serious take on it.

This is an excellent post and an accurate summary of where things currently stand for the Cats! Good job. I'd be happy with a split, but can also see us losing both based on our performances against UNO and ND (and NU). If we split, I hope we get the win Friday so I can enjoy Saturday. :-) Don't see us sweeping, but would certainly take it if we did.

Leave a comment:

• jcarter7669
    replied

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
    So J, what should we expect from the Catamounts this weekend? Looking at the UVM thread it appears many are unhappy with the play of the defensemen. I assume the Hawks will see Santaguida both nights. It looks like J. Privitera is on a roll and Mario is always dangerous. Any one else playing well?

For Lowell I think most fans are pretty happy with the goaltending and defensive play. Boyle has been solid and should play both nights. The offensive on the other hand has struggled a bit finding the back of the net. It was nice to finally see some goals against UMD Saturday night.

It should be a fun weekend. I'm looking forward to the trip to Burlington and two hard fought games.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X