Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UML Riverhawks @ UVM Catamounts: Because Monty said so...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UML Puck Hawk
    replied
    Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
    Just in case anyone was interested playing two games against Lowell actually caused UVM's SOS to go down even further. Currently after playing Minny, NoDak, UNO, and Lowell UVM has a SOS ranking of 55th. Apparently that makes Lowell a weak opponent?
    Did the math, that SOS is for your entire season schedule, not just thus far. Basically like pairwise that SOS will only be useful at the end of the season.

Leave a comment:

• jcarter7669
    replied
    Re: UML Riverhawks @ UVM Catamounts: Because Monty said so...

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
    Strength of schedule rank using RPI:

UML 3
    UVM 49

But Lowell's the one that's been playing cupcakes.

Just in case anyone was interested playing two games against Lowell actually caused UVM's SOS to go down even further. Currently after playing Minny, NoDak, UNO, and Lowell UVM has a SOS ranking of 55th. Apparently that makes Lowell a weak opponent?

Leave a comment:

• Patronick
    replied

So what's up with Patronick... you guys give him a lobotomy? First he was defending me on the UConn thread and now we have 3 pages of weekly game thread and nary a word. I'm not sure which is more disconcerting

Anywho...

In my first prediction, for the timeline wise, I am betting Hendrickson picks a UML sweep and Connelly picks a split.
    I'm around.

Perhaps it's mellowing with age, perhaps it's a failure on my part to get excited about the prospects of beating Vermont yet again, but I wasn't overly excited or concerned about this series. I imagine it's akin to the feelings of the residents of San Juan Capistrano when the swallows return - inevitability.

Lowell is now 11-3-2 against Vermont in the Bazin era. That's domination. Lowell/UVM is as much a "rivalry" as a lion and a gazelle. Are most of the games competitive? Sure. But the bottom line sure isn't.

I wanted Lowell to come out and play hard in a tough, road venue against a league opponent and they did that. I thought 3 points would be a good outcome, with a split honestly being a bit of a disappointment. Obviously a sweep is fantastic. Now I grant you Vermont has faced a murderer's row so far this season, with three top four teams visiting the Gut. I don't think they've played as bad as their record would indicate, however I do think they are a bottom six team in Hockey East. You have to wonder if Sneddon is ever going to be the guy to get Vermont over the top, which is a shame because after Bazin and York he's probably the coach I respect the most in the league.

Hopefully the Catamounts can pull it together and manage to finish 5th-8th and secure a home playoff series. I'd love to see another Lowell/Vermont playoff matchup in the quarterfinals at Tsongas Center. For Lowell, that's about as sure a trip to the Garden as there is.

Good luck.

Leave a comment:

• jcarter7669
    replied

35% Lowell sweep,

Totally called it.

In all seriousness, as much as I love to have a flamefest with you guys, and as much as I like pointing out how stupid you are... I've come to enjoy both the riverhawks and their fans. Don't tell anyone.

Lowell looked good. Boyle looked great. Lowell has a strong team. Good luck. I wish I could say see I hope to see you in March, but unfortunately given recent years I'm not so sure I want to make that statement... outside of the obvious opportunity for another flame thread.

Leave a comment:

• UML Puck Hawk
    replied

We can't hear you cheer???

Leave a comment:

• UML Puck Hawk
    replied

And I got nothing

Leave a comment:

• gochiefs
    replied

Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
    Anyone else having stream issues?

edit: back now, but has been on again off again since it went live
    is does not seem as clear as it was last night

Leave a comment:

• UML Puck Hawk
    replied

Anyone else having stream issues?

edit: back now, but has been on again off again since it went live

Leave a comment:

• Patman
    replied
    Originally posted by Fishhawk View Post
    Can the Cats get up for tonight? Sneddon said last night was their best game of the year. If that's true it must be frustrating to have spent almost half the game down by 2 goals.
    Just bring the effort... The rest will follow...

Leave a comment:

• Fishhawk
    replied

Can the Cats get up for tonight? Sneddon said last night was their best game of the year. If that's true it must be frustrating to have spent almost half the game down by 2 goals.

Leave a comment:

• UML Puck Hawk
    replied

Game Highlights

edit: and Norm's Post Game Comments
    Last edited by UML Puck Hawk; 11-06-2015, 10:06 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Go-UML
    replied

Props to the cats, they wouldn't give up but the 3 goal lead we had near the end sure made getting out of the garage/area a lot easier after the final horn. I don't think I've ever been at a game with that many reviews before.

edit: After watching the highlights, it looks like the only time Boyle got beat clean was on the last UVM goal and that was on a sweet deke. Our seats weren't the greatest for seeing the far end of the ice. Oh, and can we get some breakaway practice, please? The only one we've scored on was CJ's at the Mack and that was a huge one. I think we're like 1 in 10 or worse for the season; getting more of them in would help my blood pressure. Thanks Coach!
    Last edited by Go-UML; 11-07-2015, 07:54 AM.

Leave a comment:

• UML Puck Hawk
    replied

#shortgoalieproblems ??????

Leave a comment:

• Go-UML
    replied

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
    I am...
    Me too

Leave a comment:

• UMLFan
    replied

You Lowell fans should be more then a little nervous with that...
    I am...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X