Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UML Riverhawks @ UVM Catamounts: Because Monty said so...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UML Riverhawks @ UVM Catamounts: Because Monty said so...

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
    So what's up with Patronick... you guys give him a lobotomy? First he was defending me on the UConn thread and now we have 3 pages of weekly game thread and nary a word. I'm not sure which is more disconcerting

Anywho...

In my first prediction, for the timeline wise, I am betting Hendrickson picks a UML sweep and Connelly picks a split.
    I'm around.

Perhaps it's mellowing with age, perhaps it's a failure on my part to get excited about the prospects of beating Vermont yet again, but I wasn't overly excited or concerned about this series. I imagine it's akin to the feelings of the residents of San Juan Capistrano when the swallows return - inevitability.

Lowell is now 11-3-2 against Vermont in the Bazin era. That's domination. Lowell/UVM is as much a "rivalry" as a lion and a gazelle. Are most of the games competitive? Sure. But the bottom line sure isn't.

I wanted Lowell to come out and play hard in a tough, road venue against a league opponent and they did that. I thought 3 points would be a good outcome, with a split honestly being a bit of a disappointment. Obviously a sweep is fantastic. Now I grant you Vermont has faced a murderer's row so far this season, with three top four teams visiting the Gut. I don't think they've played as bad as their record would indicate, however I do think they are a bottom six team in Hockey East. You have to wonder if Sneddon is ever going to be the guy to get Vermont over the top, which is a shame because after Bazin and York he's probably the coach I respect the most in the league.

Hopefully the Catamounts can pull it together and manage to finish 5th-8th and secure a home playoff series. I'd love to see another Lowell/Vermont playoff matchup in the quarterfinals at Tsongas Center. For Lowell, that's about as sure a trip to the Garden as there is.

Good luck.
    Lowell Forever
    Forever Lowell

Comment

Re: UML Riverhawks @ UVM Catamounts: Because Monty said so...

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
      Strength of schedule rank using RPI:

UML 3
      UVM 49

But Lowell's the one that's been playing cupcakes.

Just in case anyone was interested playing two games against Lowell actually caused UVM's SOS to go down even further. Currently after playing Minny, NoDak, UNO, and Lowell UVM has a SOS ranking of 55th. Apparently that makes Lowell a weak opponent?
      Originally posted by Hokydad
      Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
        Just in case anyone was interested playing two games against Lowell actually caused UVM's SOS to go down even further. Currently after playing Minny, NoDak, UNO, and Lowell UVM has a SOS ranking of 55th. Apparently that makes Lowell a weak opponent?
        Did the math, that SOS is for your entire season schedule, not just thus far. Basically like pairwise that SOS will only be useful at the end of the season.
        BS UMass Lowell 2015
        PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

Working...
        X