Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UML Riverhawks @ UVM Catamounts: Because Monty said so...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UML Riverhawks @ UVM Catamounts: Because Monty said so...

Catamount

http://www.mountainlion.org/featurei...ius-Images.png

Riverhawk

http://ndstudies.gov/sites/default/f...blank-flag.gif

How can we not win?

http://longship.ca/lupusinterrupted/...lame-on-22.png
    Originally posted by Hokydad
    Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Re: UML Riverhawks @ UVM Catamounts: Because Monty said so...

I'd imagine you could "not win" by scoring fewer goals.
    BS UMass Lowell 2015
    PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

I knew something was missing from USCHO. A UVM/UML throwdown.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
      -Blackadder
      "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
      -Casablanca
      "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
      -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
        I knew something was missing from USCHO. A UVM/UML throwdown.
        the good ole days

Comment

Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
          I'd imagine you could "not win" by scoring fewer goals.
          Seriously, a Catamount could take down an imaginary riverhawk any day.

I did try and figure out a way to skew the statistics to show why UVM would romp the Riverhawks, but I got nothing... So I have to resort to imaginary mascots. Which is not really a surprise, considering it's Lowell and surely who ever came up with it was on a drug induced bender. How else would you get a red and blue bird?

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
            Seriously, a Catamount could take down an imaginary riverhawk any day.

I did try and figure out a way to skew the statistics to show why UVM would romp the Riverhawks, but I got nothing... So I have to resort to imaginary mascots. Which is not really a surprise, considering it's Lowell and surely who ever came up with it was on a drug induced bender. How else would you get a red and blue bird?
            Found a red and blue bird. Try harder
            Last edited by UML Puck Hawk; 11-03-2015, 09:11 AM.
            BS UMass Lowell 2015

Comment

Will edit to a hyperlink when i get out of class

http://jp8.r0tt.com/l_ecea4630-c69d-...6546000008.jpg
              Touche....

So the Riverhawk was based off the "painted bunting." Well, I give. That is a very interesting side note. Kudos to whomever came up with that and especially to the school who chose to use the imaginary river hawk instead of the UMass-Lowell Painted Buntings.

Comment

why is that mountain lion sucking on that creature's butt?
                BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                Skating Friar Jersey
                AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                  It's a Vermont thing.....

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                    That creature would be a deer ??? Lowell students aren't expected to be able to identify an animal that is ubiquitous throughout the US?

Fun Fact, Lowell is the largest city in MA that allows hunting within it's boundaries.
                    Last edited by jcarter7669; 11-03-2015, 11:47 AM. Reason: not paying attention

Comment

Fun Fact, Lowell is the largest city in Boston that allows hunting within it's boundaries.
                      Calling all BC & BU fans. Lowell is now a part of Boston. We can replace NU in the Beanpot. Monday's in February just got more competitive!
                      BS UMass Lowell 2015

Comment

Edited... not sure how that slipped through... thank gawd you picked that up.

Comment

Edited... not sure how that slipped through... thank gawd you picked that up.
                          No problem. So how (besides mascots) does UVM succeed against Lowell this weekend? Thoughts on playing the game at a neutral site to give UVM a better shot?
                          BS UMass Lowell 2015

Comment

So how (besides mascots) does UVM succeed against Lowell this weekend?
                            Ummm, we're due for a win against a tough, highly-ranked opponent???

Thoughts on playing the game at a neutral site to give UVM a better shot?
                            I like it! UVM's sucked at home this year.

Comment

No problem. So how (besides mascots) does UVM succeed against Lowell this weekend? Thoughts on playing the game at a neutral site to give UVM a better shot?
                              Well here are the keys to the game...

Pop in an early goal against Boyle. He'll start to question whether he is as good as his numbers or if playing the cupcakes have them overinflated.
                              Then score again shortly there after.
                              Next don't let UML score. Considering they have put up an average of 2.4 goals on the bottom of the barrel teams averaging 2.7 GAA they will get easily frustrated.
                              For Vermont the key will to be demonstrate that the numbers obtained from playing cupcakes are overinflated.

The key for Lowell is to prove those numbers are real and that their lackluster opponents to date aren't the reason behind their success.

I think Lowell comes in with a bit of a fat head from their easy schedule so far and their recently garnered poll ranking and get knocked down a peg by a team that likely just got reamed out by their coach for managing only 3 HE points on the weekend. Lowell responds the following night after the embarrassing loss.

Split.

UVM 4-2
                              UML 3-2

Comment

Working...
                              X