• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Halloween, UNH vs. the 'Mack: A Whistling Turtleneck is NOT a Costume

Oh I love it when I'm wrong!!!
    Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
      Home sweet home away from home. Yeah, seems like forever ago. But still an easy take, as I've yet to struggle to get a ticket at Volpe/Lawler on game day on a walk-up basis. So membership does still have its privileges.

Prediction: UNH starts Clark, wins 4-2, chants of "Drive Home Safely" begin after late ENG, all is good.

p.s. - is nicc still even in the league? don't they know they're not wanted here??
      Of course, Chuck nails this one. But, did UNH fans use the "Drive home safely" chant?

Comment

I want to go back in time, find 2002 Jon and tell him that not only will PC win a national title before UNH, but also that Merrimack will become such a beast at home that teams will be chalking up games as a loss before they even take the ice. Also, Roboshark.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
        -Blackadder
        "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
        -Casablanca
        "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
        -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
          I want to go back in time, find 2002 Jon and tell him that not only will PC win a national title before UNH, but also that Merrimack will become such a beast at home that teams will be chalking up games as a loss before they even take the ice. Also, Roboshark.
          I want to go back in time and buy all the Apple and Google stock I can get my hands
          UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
            I want to go back in time to 2002 as well, but probably for different reasons, Jon.

I'd forgotten about Roboshark too. But I forget a lot of things these days.
            Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
            Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
              Of course, Chuck nails this one. But, did UNH fans use the "Drive home safely" chant?
              Congrats Chuck on calling the score...I wanted to do it but no one around us wanted to? 😭 Sighhhh. Oh and I do believe we lost the SOG ha!
              Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by e.cat View Post
                Nice to hear old friend to UNH hockey Bob Norton doing the color on the ESPN3 feed!
                +1
                I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                  Congrats Chuck on calling the score...I wanted to do it but no one around us wanted to? 😭 Sighhhh. Oh and I do believe we lost the SOG ha!
                  We must have gone into our left wing lock, prevent defense!

Comment

Congrats Chuck on calling the score...I wanted to do it but no one around us wanted to? �� Sighhhh. Oh and I do believe we lost the SOG ha!
                    Good night all around for me. And more importantly for UNH.

Kudos to Snively65 for starting the midweek game thread. And FWIW, just to clarify ... a whistling turtleneck IS a costume - at least in certain parts of Melrose, and definitely anywhere in Effingwoods.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                      Good night all around for me. And more importantly for UNH.

Kudos to Snively65 for starting the midweek game thread. And FWIW, just to clarify ... a whistling turtleneck IS a costume - at least in certain parts of Melrose, and definitely anywhere in Effingwoods.
                      Wish that I could take credit, but that was WildcatDC who was so bold to revive game threads. Who will begin the UNH-MSU games thread? Perhaps someone who is heading out? With those cheap Jet Blue flights to Metro, the trip is tempting, but I have too many other commitments back here next weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                        Wish that I could take credit, but that was WildcatDC who was so bold to revive game threads. Who will begin the UNH-MSU games thread? Perhaps someone who is heading out? With those cheap Jet Blue flights to Metro, the trip is tempting, but I have too many other commitments back here next weekend.
                        Maybe CLouD 9 (don't think I have his moniker right sorry!!) will as he is really serious about going. Looked into it too but too many weekends spent umpiring; time to get the house in line for winter. What will be the watch opps? Assume that MSU has some kind of live feed; will check and post. Enjoyed having a game thread; would love to see it continue...

EDIT: so far I only see Fox Sports Detroit airing the game Saturday night...anyone have other insight? Checking UNH/ looks like this one is going to be a listen only kind of experience as College Sports Live isn't offering it and I dont' see a MSU live feed? harrumph.
                        Last edited by HockeyRef; 11-02-2015, 07:47 AM.
                        Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Congrats Chuck on calling the score...I wanted to do it but no one around us wanted to? �� Sighhhh. Oh and I do believe we lost the SOG ha!
                          You thought I was kidding about the left wing lock didn't ya? Check this out:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Left_wing_lock

Comment

no, of course, I had no clue what you were talking about naturally...but this makes sense and I was seeking a name for this trap they would set. Def a great idea and it did thwart us quite abit. I'd think on that small ice you would not want those odd man rushes and we had very few of these...
                            Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

no, of course, I had no clue what you were talking about naturally...but this makes sense and I was seeking a name for this trap they would set. Def a great idea and it did thwart us quite abit. I'd think on that small ice you would not want those odd man rushes and we had very few of these...
                              Actually, I was thinking UNH may have used it but Mc may have also. I wasn't there so I'm not sure.

Comment

Originally posted by e.cat View Post
                                You thought I was kidding about the left wing lock didn't ya? Check this out:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Left_wing_lock
                                That was a staple under Coach Bowman during the DRW's heyday of Scotty's last three Cups.

Comment

Working...
                                X