Halloween, UNH vs. the 'Mack: A Whistling Turtleneck is NOT a Costume

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by scoreboard View Post
    As a long time UNH fan I have never imagined the day I would see UNH fans getting excited by their tying Merrimack.... Oh well...
    "long time" = greater than 10 or so years ago?

Mac dominated Bentley for about 10 minutes last week, so perhaps UNH has a chance against Bentley now

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
      "long time" = greater than 10 or so years ago?

Mac dominated Bentley for about 10 minutes last week, so perhaps UNH has a chance against Bentley now
      Try about 50 years..... And nobody cares about your Bentley team on here but you. Give it a rest already...

Comment

• Originally posted by scoreboard View Post
        As a long time UNH fan I have never imagined the day I would see UNH fans getting excited by their tying Merrimack.... Oh well...
        Sorry was just glad we did not lose...and Mack is having a decent year so like I said..we'll or I'll take it. Of course tying Mack even 3 years ago would've been unheard of I suppose!

We should've put em away when we had the chance. Still we did what we had to do. Of course if we had lost now the reaction here would've been quite different I suspect...
        Last edited by HockeyRef; 11-14-2015, 09:58 PM.
        I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

• Re: Halloween, UNH vs. the 'Mack: A Whistling Turtleneck is NOT a Costume

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
          Figured it might be worthwhile to resurrect the "Whistling Turtleneck" thread for this coming weekend's rematch.

Lots of questions out there from a UNH perspective ... will Clark be healthy, and if so does he get the start? Which player(s) pay the price for last weekend's "pathetic" performance by spending the evening up in the stands? Will we hear from any of the coaches with their thoughts on their lost weekend in Lansing? Will the "checking first line" charade continue for another weekend? When will we be hearing about Coach Souza's first big recruiting haul? In returning to Merrimack ... is Coach Stewart having any second thoughts now?

I have a sneaking suspicion the 'Cats will hold on for a 3-3 tie and maintain their unbeaten HE record.
          Too bad my predictions for the MSU weekend were so GD horrible. But I'm on a roll with UNH @ MC games.

scoreboard, go easy on Snively65. He's giddy with anticipation, patiently waiting for this to happen for probably a decade now - give or take. And the scary thing is ... his team actually may have a shot at a W. UNH hasn't exactly been knocking it out of the park with their NC schedule to date. We've slipped so far, we can't take that one for granted, as we may have been able to in the past. It shouldn't be the case ... but sadly, it is where the program is right now.

Another prediction that greatly pains me to make is I truly think the DRW playoff streak comes to an end this season. Playing games constantly from behind, just an ugly losing formula, and they're lucky not to be further down the standings already. One thing UNH and DRW have in common is a distinct lack of top-quality puck moving defensemen. I'm afraid it's not going to work out for either team this season.

Coach Umile BADLY needs a second line to emerge if there is going to be any hope of this being a successful season - and not just another season in transition in Durham. I see from the line chart tonight the charade has at least begun to be cast aside, but you can't help but wonder if waiting a little too long may have cost them a quality scorer (although he wasn't showing it before he quit this season). But we are still undefeated in HE so far, Tirone looks like he had a decent if unspectacular outing, and is hopefully on the road back to something approaching last season's form. Next weekend's games should be *interesting* to say the least.
          Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
          Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Working...
          X