Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Halloween, UNH vs. the 'Mack: A Whistling Turtleneck is NOT a Costume

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Re: Halloween, UNH vs. the 'Mack: A Whistling Turtleneck is NOT a Costume

    Oh I love it when I'm wrong!!!
    Here we go 'Cats!!

    Comment


    • #62
      Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
      Home sweet home away from home. Yeah, seems like forever ago. But still an easy take, as I've yet to struggle to get a ticket at Volpe/Lawler on game day on a walk-up basis. So membership does still have its privileges.

      Prediction: UNH starts Clark, wins 4-2, chants of "Drive Home Safely" begin after late ENG, all is good.

      p.s. - is nicc still even in the league? don't they know they're not wanted here??
      Of course, Chuck nails this one. But, did UNH fans use the "Drive home safely" chant?

      Comment


      • #63
        Re: Halloween, UNH vs. the 'Mack: A Whistling Turtleneck is NOT a Costume

        I want to go back in time, find 2002 Jon and tell him that not only will PC win a national title before UNH, but also that Merrimack will become such a beast at home that teams will be chalking up games as a loss before they even take the ice. Also, Roboshark.

        "I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
        -Blackadder
        "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
        -Casablanca
        "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
        -Somerville Speakout

        2008 POTY

        Comment


        • #64
          Re: Halloween, UNH vs. the 'Mack: A Whistling Turtleneck is NOT a Costume

          Originally posted by Jon View Post
          I want to go back in time, find 2002 Jon and tell him that not only will PC win a national title before UNH, but also that Merrimack will become such a beast at home that teams will be chalking up games as a loss before they even take the ice. Also, Roboshark.
          I want to go back in time and buy all the Apple and Google stock I can get my hands
          GO BLUE/GO UNH

          COLLEGE HOCKEY RULES

          Comment


          • #65
            Re: Halloween, UNH vs. the 'Mack: A Whistling Turtleneck is NOT a Costume

            Originally posted by Jon View Post
            I want to go back in time, find 2002 Jon and tell him that not only will PC win a national title before UNH, but also that Merrimack will become such a beast at home that teams will be chalking up games as a loss before they even take the ice. Also, Roboshark.
            I want to go back in time to 2002 as well, but probably for different reasons, Jon.

            I'd forgotten about Roboshark too. But I forget a lot of things these days.
            Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
            Montreal Expos Forever ...

            Comment


            • #66
              Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
              Of course, Chuck nails this one. But, did UNH fans use the "Drive home safely" chant?
              Congrats Chuck on calling the score...I wanted to do it but no one around us wanted to? 😭 Sighhhh. Oh and I do believe we lost the SOG ha!
              Here we go 'Cats!!

              Comment


              • #67
                Re: Halloween, UNH vs. the 'Mack: A Whistling Turtleneck is NOT a Costume

                Originally posted by e.cat View Post
                Nice to hear old friend to UNH hockey Bob Norton doing the color on the ESPN3 feed!
                +1
                I will not be out cheered in my own building.

                Comment


                • #68
                  Re: Halloween, UNH vs. the 'Mack: A Whistling Turtleneck is NOT a Costume

                  Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                  Congrats Chuck on calling the score...I wanted to do it but no one around us wanted to? 😭 Sighhhh. Oh and I do believe we lost the SOG ha!
                  We must have gone into our left wing lock, prevent defense!
                  GO BLUE/GO UNH

                  COLLEGE HOCKEY RULES

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Re: Halloween, UNH vs. the 'Mack: A Whistling Turtleneck is NOT a Costume

                    Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                    Congrats Chuck on calling the score...I wanted to do it but no one around us wanted to? �� Sighhhh. Oh and I do believe we lost the SOG ha!
                    Good night all around for me. And more importantly for UNH.

                    Kudos to Snively65 for starting the midweek game thread. And FWIW, just to clarify ... a whistling turtleneck IS a costume - at least in certain parts of Melrose, and definitely anywhere in Effingwoods.
                    Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                    Montreal Expos Forever ...

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Re: Halloween, UNH vs. the 'Mack: A Whistling Turtleneck is NOT a Costume

                      Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                      Good night all around for me. And more importantly for UNH.

                      Kudos to Snively65 for starting the midweek game thread. And FWIW, just to clarify ... a whistling turtleneck IS a costume - at least in certain parts of Melrose, and definitely anywhere in Effingwoods.
                      Wish that I could take credit, but that was WildcatDC who was so bold to revive game threads. Who will begin the UNH-MSU games thread? Perhaps someone who is heading out? With those cheap Jet Blue flights to Metro, the trip is tempting, but I have too many other commitments back here next weekend.

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Re: Halloween, UNH vs. the 'Mack: A Whistling Turtleneck is NOT a Costume

                        Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                        Wish that I could take credit, but that was WildcatDC who was so bold to revive game threads. Who will begin the UNH-MSU games thread? Perhaps someone who is heading out? With those cheap Jet Blue flights to Metro, the trip is tempting, but I have too many other commitments back here next weekend.
                        Maybe CLouD 9 (don't think I have his moniker right sorry!!) will as he is really serious about going. Looked into it too but too many weekends spent umpiring; time to get the house in line for winter. What will be the watch opps? Assume that MSU has some kind of live feed; will check and post. Enjoyed having a game thread; would love to see it continue...

                        EDIT: so far I only see Fox Sports Detroit airing the game Saturday night...anyone have other insight? Checking UNH/ looks like this one is going to be a listen only kind of experience as College Sports Live isn't offering it and I dont' see a MSU live feed? harrumph.
                        Last edited by HockeyRef; 11-02-2015, 07:47 AM.
                        Here we go 'Cats!!

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Re: Halloween, UNH vs. the 'Mack: A Whistling Turtleneck is NOT a Costume

                          Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                          Congrats Chuck on calling the score...I wanted to do it but no one around us wanted to? �� Sighhhh. Oh and I do believe we lost the SOG ha!
                          You thought I was kidding about the left wing lock didn't ya? Check this out:

                          https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Left_wing_lock
                          GO BLUE/GO UNH

                          COLLEGE HOCKEY RULES

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Re: Halloween, UNH vs. the 'Mack: A Whistling Turtleneck is NOT a Costume

                            no, of course, I had no clue what you were talking about naturally...but this makes sense and I was seeking a name for this trap they would set. Def a great idea and it did thwart us quite abit. I'd think on that small ice you would not want those odd man rushes and we had very few of these...
                            Here we go 'Cats!!

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              Re: Halloween, UNH vs. the 'Mack: A Whistling Turtleneck is NOT a Costume

                              Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                              no, of course, I had no clue what you were talking about naturally...but this makes sense and I was seeking a name for this trap they would set. Def a great idea and it did thwart us quite abit. I'd think on that small ice you would not want those odd man rushes and we had very few of these...
                              Actually, I was thinking UNH may have used it but Mc may have also. I wasn't there so I'm not sure.
                              GO BLUE/GO UNH

                              COLLEGE HOCKEY RULES

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                Re: Halloween, UNH vs. the 'Mack: A Whistling Turtleneck is NOT a Costume

                                Originally posted by e.cat View Post
                                You thought I was kidding about the left wing lock didn't ya? Check this out:

                                https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Left_wing_lock
                                That was a staple under Coach Bowman during the DRW's heyday of Scotty's last three Cups.
                                Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                                Montreal Expos Forever ...

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X