Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Halloween, UNH vs. the 'Mack: A Whistling Turtleneck is NOT a Costume

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Re: Halloween, UNH vs. the 'Mack: A Whistling Turtleneck is NOT a Costume

    "Change is the only constant. Hanging on is the only sin."
    D. McCluggage
    Last edited by sonar; 10-29-2015, 01:23 PM.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Yuppie Scum View Post
      From the Reddit article I cultivated:



      We have some information from the trenches that nobody goes to the Claddagh anymore, in favor of the Gateway. Also, if you want to hit a nice cafe beforehand, El Taller in Lawrence is awesome and has good wifi.
      I thought that you were going to say ".....nobody goes to the Claddaugh anymore......because it is too crowded."

      Hey, great game thread! Just like the olden days, but minus the trash talking.

      Comment


      • #18
        Re: Halloween, UNH vs. the 'Mack: A Whistling Turtleneck is NOT a Costume

        Originally posted by sonar View Post
        "Change is the only constant. Hanging on is the only sin."
        D. McCluggage
        "Fish rot from the head down."
        Captain Obvious

        "Be good or be gone."
        Anonymous waitress at Libby's
        GO BLUE/GO UNH

        COLLEGE HOCKEY RULES

        Comment


        • #19
          Re: Halloween, UNH vs. the 'Mack: A Whistling Turtleneck is NOT a Costume

          Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
          Hey, great game thread! Just like the olden days, but minus the trash talking.
          Hey, you can't have everything ... plus it appears there is only one (1) 'Mack fan on the thread - kinda like the old days when pquine (undoubtedly a contender for a USCHO Fan Forum "Where Are They Now?" feature) would seemingly be going solo defending the then-downtrodden Warriors' honor. At least until the lamentable Joe Exter incident with BC's Patrick Eaves, which seemingly united the whole USCHO universe behind the 'Mack against the Chestnut Hillbillies.

          Funny thing is ... eventually Eaves went on to play for the Wings in the NHL, but I never ever could really get behind rooting for him. Unlike my all-time favorite DRW/BC skater, Doug Brown. But I digress (as usual) ...
          Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
          Montreal Expos Forever ...

          Comment


          • #20
            Re: Halloween, UNH vs. the 'Mack: A Whistling Turtleneck is NOT a Costume

            Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
            Hey, you can't have everything ... plus it appears there is only one (1) 'Mack fan on the thread - kinda like the old days when pquine (undoubtedly a contender for a USCHO Fan Forum "Where Are They Now?" feature) would seemingly be going solo defending the then-downtrodden Warriors' honor. At least until the lamentable Joe Exter incident with BC's Patrick Eaves, which seemingly united the whole USCHO universe behind the 'Mack against the Chestnut Hillbillies.

            Funny thing is ... eventually Eaves went on to play for the Wings in the NHL, but I never ever could really get behind rooting for him. Unlike my all-time favorite DRW/BC skater, Doug Brown. But I digress (as usual) ...
            I know that there are a few more MC posters, it's just that I have the unhealthiest obsession and they have lives and families and stuff. Also I am on a computer all day for work. Not that I fault them for not wanting to get picked apart by miserable 70 year old BC/BU fans for everything they post on here.

            I like the cat fans on here though, there can be a civil discourse with you guys.

            Comment


            • #21
              Re: Halloween, UNH vs. the 'Mack: A Whistling Turtleneck is NOT a Costume

              Figured I'd double the number of 'Mack fans on this thread! (and I go back to the DII days as a fan)

              Liking this team, although the sample size is pretty small. Seems like a nice mix of size and speed. Penalties are WAY down (fingers crossed that continues). Delia playing very very well.

              And I agree, the 'Cat fans are terrific (Chuck Murray and Snively65, always enjoy your posts!)
              Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

              Comment


              • #22
                Re: Halloween, UNH vs. the 'Mack: A Whistling Turtleneck is NOT a Costume

                Alittle bit about the game this weekend with 'Mack and other news...From the UNH Insider

                http://www.unhwildcats.com/news/2015...030155955.aspx

                Go 'Cats Beat Mack!
                Here we go 'Cats!!

                Comment


                • #23
                  Re: Halloween, UNH vs. the 'Mack: A Whistling Turtleneck is NOT a Costume

                  Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                  Alittle bit about the game this weekend with 'Mack and other news...From the UNH Insider

                  http://www.unhwildcats.com/news/2015...030155955.aspx

                  Go 'Cats Beat Mack!
                  I love how the "insider" spends about 3 lines at the very end to mention Foegele's departure.

                  If you're claiming to be an "insider", then this stuff should be on your radar before it hits, no??

                  Just sayin' ...
                  Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                  Montreal Expos Forever ...

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Re: Halloween, UNH vs. the 'Mack: A Whistling Turtleneck is NOT a Costume

                    Originally posted by RENCEB View Post
                    Figured I'd double the number of 'Mack fans on this thread! (and I go back to the DII days as a fan)

                    Liking this team, although the sample size is pretty small. Seems like a nice mix of size and speed. Penalties are WAY down (fingers crossed that continues). Delia playing very very well.

                    And I agree, the 'Cat fans are terrific (Chuck Murray and Snively65, always enjoy your posts!)
                    Welcome to this game thread, RENCEB. Yeah, you and YuppieScum are not being very inflammatory, when you certainly could be. I am still annoyed with the Cats getting bounced out of the Garden in the HEA tourney by the Warriors a few years ago, mostly because you guys somehow got the Garden officials to play the Black Hawks goal song after each of your goals, which was supposedly not allowed.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Re: Halloween, UNH vs. the 'Mack: A Whistling Turtleneck is NOT a Costume

                      Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                      Welcome to this game thread, RENCEB. Yeah, you and YuppieScum are not being very inflammatory, when you certainly could be. I am still annoyed with the Cats getting bounced out of the Garden in the HEA tourney by the Warriors a few years ago, mostly because you guys somehow got the Garden officials to play the Black Hawks goal song after each of your goals, which was supposedly not allowed.
                      Annnddd Mack beats BU 4-3. Hope the game tired the Warriors out! That's a big 2 pts for them...Nothing personal, and with all due respect... I hope we don't hear that goal song too much tomorrow, not one of my favs...ha! Go 'Cats Beat Mack!
                      Here we go 'Cats!!

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Re: Halloween, UNH vs. the 'Mack: A Whistling Turtleneck is NOT a Costume

                        GAME DAY! Predictions anyone? Mine: MC 3 UNH 2 Tough barn to play in...MC on a roll...team adjusting to recent loss of teammate...fill in your own blank. Love my 'Cats just being realistic. Love to be proven wrong!

                        UNH Goalie prediction: Tirone

                        Gooo 'Cats Beat Mack!
                        Here we go 'Cats!!

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Re: Halloween, UNH vs. the 'Mack: A Whistling Turtleneck is NOT a Costume

                          MC 4, UHN 1
                          Mack is playing like a hungry team.
                          'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Re: Halloween, UNH vs. the 'Mack: A Whistling Turtleneck is NOT a Costume

                            Bump ... as surprising as it may seem to many of us, the 'Mack will be overconfident ...

                            Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                            Prediction: UNH starts Tirone (edit after Coach's late week comments), still wins 4-2, chants of "Drive Home Safely" begin after late ENG, all is good.
                            Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                            Montreal Expos Forever ...

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Re: Halloween, UNH vs. the 'Mack: A Whistling Turtleneck is NOT a Costume

                              Unfortunately I have not been able to post recently due to a busy work schedule and 7 month old baby. At a wedding this weekend, so I can't watch but this is a huge game for both teams. I figured both teams would be in the six to ten range looking for home ice in the first round. UNH should be desperate but Merrimack has been great home so this should be a good tight game.
                              Rinks Visited
                              DCU Center
                              Tulley Forum
                              TD Garden
                              Tsongas Arena
                              J. Thom Lawler Arena
                              Conte Forum
                              Whittemore Center
                              Agganis Arena
                              Verizon Center
                              Gutterson Fieldhouse
                              Matthews Arena
                              Thompson Arena
                              Mullins Center
                              Alfond Arena
                              Schneider Arena
                              Magness Arena
                              Ingallas Arena
                              Hart Center
                              Prudential Center
                              TD Bank Sports Center
                              John A Ryan
                              Lynah Rink
                              Appleton Arena
                              Cheel Arena
                              Germain Arena
                              XL Center
                              Class of 1965 Arena

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Re: Halloween, UNH vs. the 'Mack: A Whistling Turtleneck is NOT a Costume

                                I was thinking a close MC win until I read this:

                                Originally posted by Yuppie Scum View Post
                                No way UNH puts more asses in seats than BU did tonight. They had probably a quarter of the attendance from what I could tell.

                                Can't say I'm too concerned about the cats coming in based on tonight's performance, we've got a hell of a team this year. Even Gravalese couldn't stop them.
                                But now I'm thinking a comfortable UNH win. You know, its that karma thing
                                UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X