No announcement yet.

UNO @ WMU Oct 30 and 31: Enough with the fluff, bring on the tough stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UNO @ WMU Oct 30 and 31: Enough with the fluff, bring on the tough stuff

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
    As for the threat title, careful what you wish for...
    The wake-up call may have done some good, here. I think our guys were served a heaping helping of "You've read too many of your own press clippings" this past weekend.

I heard Coach Blais also be less than complimentary about Kirk Thompson's goal-tending efforts this past weekend on local radio, which buttresses my ongoing belief that Thompson's days playing meaningful minutes in goal for us are numbered.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cows View Post

I heard Coach Blais also be less than complimentary about Kirk Thompson's goal-tending efforts this past weekend on local radio, which buttresses my ongoing belief that Thompson's days playing meaningful minutes in goal for us are numbered.
      Not a good sign. Do you know how many goalies Blais threw in the Red River?
      "My greatest achievement."
      Dirty on getting me suspended from USCHO.

I'm not an alcoholic! I'm an independent beer taster for Anheuser Busch.

Happy~Smelling like a warm turd sandwich since 11/15/07.

Comment

Originally posted by darker98 View Post
        Not a good sign. Do you know how many goalies Blais threw in the Red River?
        I consider it a good sign since I don't think Thompson should have started a single game in goal this year, to date.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cows View Post
          The wake-up call may have done some good, here. I think our guys were served a heaping helping of "You've read too many of your own press clippings" this past weekend.

Maybe, but both weren't good this weekend. So if Thompson was allowed to start this weekend I don't see why he wouldn't the next time.
          tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
            Maybe, but both weren't good this weekend. So if Thompson was allowed to start this weekend I don't see why he wouldn't the next time.
            Who IS in goal tonight will tell me a lot about how HCDB is really viewing the goaltending situation here. He has also spoken of giving Blankenberg a start, but that was awhile back, now. Can't imagine he'd now do that in a league game (particularly since we are currently 0 for the season in league play) although home would be easier than away.

Goaltending has been and is still is my biggest concern about this team for this season with opponents shots on goal against us disparity creeping onto the radar. Because, if the goaltending isn't there, then the SOG issue will ultimately spell disaster.

Comment

Working...
            X