Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yale Bulldogs 2015-2016 season. Lets get offensive!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Yale Bulldogs 2015-2016 season. Lets get offensive!

Second time in two years that I have seen Yale beaten on a 3-2 OT goal from about 20 feet away. I must like torture. I would say the teams were matched up pretty evenly offensively. Defensively, Yale had a lot of trouble behind their own net which eventually led to Lowell's OT goal. Boyle and Lyon both played very well. Congratulations to the seniors who leave Yale with their National Championship rings, it has been a treat to watch them for the past four years. Huge shoes to fill especially on defense.
    YALE HOCKEY
    2013 National Champions

Comment

Missed the game. Out of town with no internet and spotty cell phone reception.

I have to say, the last two years have not been kind to Yale in overtime.

Harvard, BU, Dartmouth, and now UML.

Big difference from previous years, especially 2013, when Yale seemed to own OT.

On to next year.

Comment

LT-Time to start up the Yale off-season thread?

Comment

Now that the Yale season is over and the Frozen Four looms in two weeks, I'm going to come out and say it, I'm rooting for Quinnipiac. I know, its sacrilege, but look at the alternatives. BC? They're even more arrogant than Pecknold and they have the sense of entitlement that stems from being the kings of eastern hockey for far too long. The Sioux? I'll never forget the uncomprehending attitude from their fans when we beat them in Worcester. It was as if they expected to win just by showing up, never mind playing the game. Denver? I have nothing against them but... I guess that's the only thing I can say on Denver. Also, let's look at the positives: 1)It will cause the competitive juices of the rivalry to burn brighter for Yale. I mean time to retire the fiction that the rivalries with every Ivy team other than Harvard are more important than the rivalry with Q. Yale could make that argument before they had a national profile. But now, after having one a National Championship and with no wins against Q since that very game, that dog will no longer hunt. 2) It would mean 3 NCAA Championships in the last 4 years for an ECAC team. That strengthens the league and in turn strengthens Yale. 3) Better for Q to reach the top of the mountain now, with Yale eliminated, than to come back with even more motivation to get back there next year. 4) Time to give them their due. This is a very good team and, Pecknold aside, the players play the game the right way so rooting against them feels small.

Comment

Originally posted by cornellgradyalefan View Post
            Now that the Yale season is over and the Frozen Four looms in two weeks, I'm going to come out and say it, I'm rooting for Quinnipiac. I know, its sacrilege, but look at the alternatives. BC? They're even more arrogant than Pecknold and they have the sense of entitlement that stems from being the kings of eastern hockey for far too long. The Sioux? I'll never forget the uncomprehending attitude from their fans when we beat them in Worcester. It was as if they expected to win just by showing up, never mind playing the game. Denver? I have nothing against them but... I guess that's the only thing I can say on Denver. Also, let's look at the positives: 1)It will cause the competitive juices of the rivalry to burn brighter for Yale. I mean time to retire the fiction that the rivalries with every Ivy team other than Harvard are more important than the rivalry with Q. Yale could make that argument before they had a national profile. But now, after having one a National Championship and with no wins against Q since that very game, that dog will no longer hunt. 2) It would mean 3 NCAA Championships in the last 4 years for an ECAC team. That strengthens the league and in turn strengthens Yale. 3) Better for Q to reach the top of the mountain now, with Yale eliminated, than to come back with even more motivation to get back there next year. 4) Time to give them their due. This is a very good team and, Pecknold aside, the players play the game the right way so rooting against them feels small.
            Excellent Post !!!!
            DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
            DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

LT-Time to start up the Yale off-season thread?
              Yeah, i will get it going. Admin close this one out.
              YALE HOCKEY
              2013 National Champions

Comment

[QUOTE=chickod;6307070]
                Originally posted by fightingsiouxfan16 View Post

Interesting. I think his idea is a good one, but his reasoning in faulty. But I agree with his idea for a totally difference reason - attendance. Jack Parker (former BU coach for those who don't know) was doing the radio commentary for our game tonight. One of his comments was that "these players shouldn't have to play the final game of their college careers in front of just family and friends." He said that, although he was one of the advocates of the current expansion to 16 teams format, it was clear that it has not worked out. It was downright embarrassing looking at all these empty buildings. First of all, you can't compare hockey to basketball. Period. Hockey is a regional sport, and no matter how much they try to "grow" the game, the interest in most areas will be marginal at best. I know that the big buzzword in this country today is "expansion." This idea of "bigger is better" is ludicrous. Parker also commented that the nature of hockey does not lend itself well to a single-elimination format. He feels they should add in one more weekend (the only reason we have two weeks between the regionals and the Frozen Four anyway is because they don't want to go up against the basketball Final Four) and make all the rounds before the Frozen Four a double-elimination format. It's NOT to "keep out" programs like Quinnipiac (I mean, they are the #1 seed so they're going to be there anyway). It's to, first and foremost, provide an ATMOSPHERE worthy of the game. Aren't you tired of looking at empty arenas? Do you think it's enjoyable to watch a game when you can hear what every player is yelling because nobody is there? Imagine, for a moment, that "your team" hypothetically had to travel to, say, St. Paul to play in your league tournament, Worcester to play in a regional, and Denver to play in the Frozen Four. How many fans (remember, we're not all Ivy Leaguers) could afford (either from a financial or time perspective) to attend? Again, I contrast with basketball, because for the most part, it is larger schools with HUGE fan bases (and even THOSE arenas are half-empty in the first round games). The proof is in the pudding. You can't even argue the point (unless you are blind) because there is relatively NOBODY at these games. Regardless of whether you agree with his premise or not, SOMETHING has to be done.
                Good points - I took a lot of exception to his tone. There is an interesting thread about regional attendance happening right now. I don't have the answers. At this point, it seems that the "my team" mentality overrides being a fan of (college) hockey in general. If Q was not in the tourney, I'd maybe travel 1.5 hours max to see a regional, but I recognize that this is not the reality across the country/across college hockey fandom.

Comment

Excellent post indeed!
                  Quinnipiac Bobcats
                  2023 National Champions
                  ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                  ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                  East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
                  Northeast Regional:
                  West Regional: 2015, 2021
                  Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                  Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X