Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yale Bulldogs 2015-2016 season. Lets get offensive!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any word on when some of the injured guys will be back?

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
    And a great feed and solo announcer.. Great win

Comment

• Re: Yale Bulldogs 2015-2016 season. Lets get offensive!

And a great feed and solo announcer.. Great win
      I loved the call on Yale's first goal. It almost sounded like, "Oh Darn, Yale scored a goal." Not those words, but certainly that sentiment.

Comment

• Originally posted by NinoBrown View Post
        Any word on when some of the injured guys will be back?
        Hard to say, very tight lipped about all of them.
        YALE HOCKEY
        2013 National Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by bulldog10jw View Post
          I loved the call on Yale's first goal. It almost sounded like, "Oh Darn, Yale scored a goal." Not those words, but certainly that sentiment.
          I was listening in my car and didn't even realize that they scored the first one.
          YALE HOCKEY
          2013 National Champions

Comment

Nice Win and another drop in the pairwise. Frustrating!
            I think another win tonight would be very impressive. They had tired legs in the third.

Comment

Two shorthanded teams, was impressed with your team speed and obviously Lyon. Witek looked like quite a leader also. Beat those big slow pylons tonight !
              It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Two weekends in a row scoring 7 goals. A trend?

A great performance by Yale this weekend without O'Gara. Looking forward to his return.

Comment

Watched the game on the tablet. Yale has them bottled up for most of the game. I am so impressed that Yale now actually has a pretty formidable forecheck again. This has changed the entire team mentality, and has led to many goals caused by disruption of the oppositions rush. Nice to see Repensky back, he did not seem 100% but did contribute. Piotrowski is really beginning to lead his line and if not for Snively would be my rookie of the year so far. Hayden, Wilson and Learned have been A+ as well. Stellar Team D work as well all weekend, not sure who let Knively by tonight, but the only glaring error. I will say that Knively should have gotten the goal but also 2 minutes for crashing Lyon, who was great again. Two tough teams at home next weekend and then the big showdown at Q
                  YALE HOCKEY
                  2013 National Champions

Comment

It's evident the current coaching staff can't do the job consistently anymore after that game. Consistent flopping in important matchups.

Comment

I think Yale is the most complete opponent we've face this year, and that includes Q and Providence. Well-balanced and backed by the best goalie in the NCAA, they should be a Frozen Four team.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/high-...lton-academy-4

Luke Stevens had GTG and GWG (OT)
                        https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                        Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                          I think Yale is the most complete opponent we've face this year, and that includes Q and Providence. Well-balanced and backed by the best goalie in the NCAA, they should be a Frozen Four team.
                          Thank you. I agree. However, I watch a lot (wife would say too much) hockey w/ my kid at Michigan covering. On the whole, I think Providence is best. They are like Yale but slightly better in most areas, even in others. I'll be there for Q so we'll see if we've closed the gap on them. St. Cloud is good - really good. Best O in country is Michigan - no one even close. They can rip off 3,5 goals in a hurry. The top 3 in ECAC can make Frozen Four, no doubt. Best teams are still in the East with the exception of the 2 above, which is why it gets kinda frustrating with the PWR. Granted this could be taken care of if East schools would consistently play a couple of early OOC games with West schools. But they always end up being on the road, which seems like they could do a home and home. Anyway, they'll be plenty of noise in March.

Comment

Marc Arcobello scored two goals 17 seconds apart for the Maple Leafs Friday night
                            YALE HOCKEY
                            2013 National Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by Yale86 View Post
                              Thank you. I agree. However, I watch a lot (wife would say too much) hockey w/ my kid at Michigan covering. On the whole, I think Providence is best. They are like Yale but slightly better in most areas, even in others. I'll be there for Q so we'll see if we've closed the gap on them. St. Cloud is good - really good. Best O in country is Michigan - no one even close. They can rip off 3,5 goals in a hurry. The top 3 in ECAC can make Frozen Four, no doubt. Best teams are still in the East with the exception of the 2 above, which is why it gets kinda frustrating with the PWR. Granted this could be taken care of if East schools would consistently play a couple of early OOC games with West schools. But they always end up being on the road, which seems like they could do a home and home. Anyway, they'll be plenty of noise in March.
                              I went to the Yale PVD game and thought Yale matched up pretty well with them, they should have won the game but tired in the third. Yale is also playing much better now than they were back then. Walman was the difference against Yale.
                              Last edited by LTsatch; 02-14-2016, 07:02 PM.
                              YALE HOCKEY
                              2013 National Champions

Comment

I went to the Yale PVD game and thought Yale matched up pretty well with them, they should have won the game but tired in the third. Yale is also playing much better now than they were back then. Walman was the difference against Yale.
                                Yes - I was there as well. Yale scored 2 off 5 min major & were a little chippy IMHO, a sign they were in some trouble, similar to what I saw from Harvard. I thought they out cycled us early 3rd & got the 2 and we really had one decent chance from there when Wittek's shot rang the post. I agree that this team is playing MUCH better now & the forecheck reappearing is a really good sign.

It's really just the "eye test" at this point that I am pointing to. I've watched them play several times and granted, they have kinda been coasting along lately, not playing great. But they still look like the best team, just a little bit better than Yale. Now, who's actually PLAYING BETTER lately? No question, Yale is. And, as such, they are a legit title threat. In fact, even last year, I thought they were except the committee didn't stick to normal PWR seedings & Providence ended up well - in Providence - where Yale should have been & would have matched up perfectly with the teams in that bracket. Instead we got BU - the one team that I didn't want them to get in the opening round. Oh well.

Again, it's just based on what I see. I just don't see Q as head and shoulders above the rest. Are they a #1 seed? Definitely. But, I've seen St. Cloud. They're really good. Not sold on NoDak. I will say I haven't seen that much of BC. I did see they in the romp vs PC, but I turned it off. Next game - the tie - was more representative. Still, it was like the tie WE had with BC in 2013. That night, I thought we pretty much dominated them & just didn't know how to win that type of game yet. Same with when we got smoked by QU at Ingalls. I turned to the person next to me and said, "The better team lost tonight, 6-2." He thought I was crazy, but I knew what I saw.

Yale's got a ton of heart. I love this team. And like you said, they are improving. They are beginning to forecheck. They are rolling 2 legit lines, soon to be 3. And they are a threat. Allain needs to line up a few more out of conference games vs. West teams in the future. It makes a big difference in PWR & seeding. East teams just get punished if they don't play a couple of early ones vs. West. Witness BC. They played CC & Denver and they are pretty much a lock for a 1 seed. We're struggling to keep a 3. It isn't right.

I mean, as I stated on this board, the trend has been East since 2008 and IMHO, shows little sign of changing now. Again, I think St. Cloud is really good. 1st pretty complete, fast team I've seen from the West in a while. With the exception of 2010-11 when Yale WAS best team & just didn't know how to win & got wiped out by MN-Duluth, that trend has held. I suspect it will again this year. If ECAC got respect it deserves, Clarkson would be higher in PWR & probably fighting with Penn St. on the bubble. And the teams that finish 1-2-3 would get 1-2-3 seeds in the tourney.

Instead, there's Minny from an atrocious Big 10 laying there again. And UM, playing in said terrible conference, will probably pretty much run the table & get a 1, at worst a 2 - with their biggest "quality" wins being a split with BU, Penn St. & Minny. St Cloud was just like we are. Went on the road to Hamden, saw them, & they played poorly. But I saw their firepower, and have since then on TV - which I wasn't expecting. So I like them - a lot.

I think Yale should be a 2. Q 1, Yale 2, Harvard 3 & maybe one other ECAC team as a 4 if they make a run in the tourney (but probably won't happen). They are definitely better than they were last year, when I still thought given the right bracket they could make Frozen Four. This time, I think they can win no matter where they are placed.

Just saying based on my unscientific "eye test", talent wise, they are a shade behind PC, St. Cloud, Q, BC. I think they're better than the other teams in the Top 10 (although granted, I've only watched ND maybe 1 or 2 times this year) & I'm still not 100% sold on Q (don't get me wrong, they're great, but it's the same team as they've been before, nothing new, whereas I think with Snively, P, the emergence of Hayden, etc. Yale is different - and much improved. So I hold judgement here.).

They just need to stay healthy, get guys back, into the flow & they've got a totally legit shot. Esp with Lyon between the pipes :-)

Comment

Working...
                                X