Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yale Bulldogs 2015-2016 season. Lets get offensive!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Yale Bulldogs 2015-2016 season. Lets get offensive!

Originally posted by Skate79 View Post
    That's a cheap shot don't you think? Talk about whining, that's all I'm seeing with these posts. Look I'm not condoning Sean Malone's actions or those of O'Gara. Neither player is dirty as has been noted. But you don't know what Teddy did or didn't do. You're just ticked because O'Gara got more games. Live with it. Hopefully both players will learn from this and move on.
    Notice the word "probably". Don't you agree that one game each would have been fair enough? Why wouldn't the ECAC announce the suspension on Monday, along with a presser that Yale had appealed. Call it whining, I call it complaining about an injustice that even you admit is true. Yale loses it's best D-Man for two games because of a missed call, the same organization that missed the call and could have prevented further idiocy, now doubles the suspension? By that rational, they should have given Malone two for going after O'Gara twice as the instigator.
    YALE HOCKEY
    2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
      Notice the word "probably". Don't you agree that one game each would have been fair enough? Why wouldn't the ECAC announce the suspension on Monday, along with a presser that Yale had appealed. Call it whining, I call it complaining about an injustice that even you admit is true. Yale loses it's best D-Man for two games because of a missed call, the same organization that missed the call and could have prevented further idiocy, now doubles the suspension? By that rational, they should have given Malone two for going after O'Gara twice as the instigator.
      The above statement is ridiculous. Yale does not lose its best D-man because of a missed call. Let me simplify:

O'Gara decided to take the law into his hands, and like most decisions that are based on emotion, he is now paying the price. He put himself above the team. Had he done nothing, Malone gets the game (and justifiably so) and he would be playing both games this weekend.

That is the lesson and one that he no doubt will learn from.

Comment

• Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
        Can someone post video of the hits?
        I came down very hard on O'gara in my prior post for the hit which was right in front of me. Like apparently all the officials I didn't have as good a view of the Malone hit. That being said, if Malone's his was so bad that it resulted in a suspension, I gotta say having been right there for O'gara's the game misconduct was reasonable. The extra game is rediculous for all the reasons stated above.
        -------------
        Yale University 2013 National Champs

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
          I noticed. I didn't see the game so I can't comment on specifics about who did what and when. All I can say is that I know both players are not goons or cheap shot artists. That isn't who they are. The ECAC's officiating has been less than stellar for many years and isn't getting better any time soon. Until and unless they start to do something about this type of play, you'll see more of it. We had a similar problem up at Cornell a few weeks ago and we lost two players during that game (Newell is still out). The ECAC saw fit to do nothing about it. Complaining gets you nowhere fast. It's up to the schools to petition for changes to the ECAC hierarchy and rule book to assure that this nonsense isn't perpetuated going forward.

Comment

Originally posted by Boola View Post

Malone got to miss a pretty meaningless beanpot consolation game, we lose OG for 4 big points in NY!
            I'm wondering what the thinking is here. If this was an ECAC suspension, shouldn't he have to sit out an ECAC game?

Comment

Originally posted by bothman View Post
              The above statement is ridiculous. Yale does not lose its best D-man because of a missed call. Let me simplify:

O'Gara decided to take the law into his hands, and like most decisions that are based on emotion, he is now paying the price. He put himself above the team. Had he done nothing, Malone gets the game (and justifiably so) and he would be playing both games this weekend.

That is the lesson and one that he no doubt will learn from.
              An amazing take on things if we were living in a rose colored world. How can you pass judgment on someone as acting selfishly in the span of 10 seconds when that someone was hit dangerously (with no resulting call) and then hit again by the same player. Have you ever played a sport that moves at light speed? That is not a contact sport but a COLLISION sport?? Because if you have, and you were wronged, than maybe you would understand why O'Gara did what he did. Maybe O'Gara should have said to himself after being hit from behind into the boards resulting in a head and neck injury, "Hey you know what, the referees didn't call that but the ECAC will certainly suspend Malone for a meaningless game so I'm not going to stand up for myself..." Get real!!!

The real lesson here is that life isn't fair, so he'll have to deal with that. Once again, ask Allain, his teammates and most everyone else and they'll tell you that Malone deserved what O'Gara did to him.

So while it's easy to write on your keyboard that O'Gara should have done nothing, take a step back and ask yourself if you wouldn't have done the same thing?? If you are one of the few that could have done nothing, congrats! There are a lot of people that would have taken issue with that as well...

Comment

http://nhrcollegehockey.blogspot.com...ogara-one.html

"We've spent the last couple of days fighting with the league over this one," Yale coach Keith Allain said prior to Wednesday's practice at Ingalls Rink. "My suggestion is you should probably watch the video of the vicious hit (O'Gara) took and come to your own conclusions."

Comment

"In the third period of Yale's 2-1 victory over the Crimson, O'Gara was sent head-first into the boards by Harvard's Sean Malone. O'Gara remained on the ice for several seconds holding his head. No penalty was called. When he staggered to his feet, he turned to see Malone charging toward him. The two collided, each knocking the other back a step, before O'Gara hit Malone across the side of his head with his stick."

"Yale had been the least penalized team in the country leading into the Harvard game (they're now the fifth least-penalized.) O'Gara had taken eight penalties for 16 minutes in 22 previous games"

Enough said, refs blew this to start (by not calling Malone penalty) then ECAC compounded (by kicking O'Gara out for a third straight game). People forget that in Harvard game it was a 2-1 game at that point early in 3rd period, Malone got no penalty and Harvard got a 3 minute power-play. Fortunately Yale shut them down to preserve a well deserved victory. Now let's go play some games.
                  -------------
                  Yale University 2013 National Champs

Comment

In a perfect world, Malone gets a 2 minute boarding penalty.
                    In a slightly less perfect world, the Malone penalty is missed, and life goes on.
                    In a somewhat less perfect world, the Malone penalty is missed, O'Gara retaliates and gets a game misconduct. Subsequent look at the film creates a one game suspension for Malone and a one game suspension for retaliation for O'Gara.
                    In a considerably less perfect world, the Malone penalty is missed, O'Gara retaliates and gets a DQ, Subsequent look at the film creates a one game suspension for Malone.
                    In a world made oddly worse for no particular reason (the actual world) the Malone penalty is missed, O'Gara retaliates and gets a DQ, Subsequent look at the film creates a one game suspension for Malone, and O'Gara gets an extra day.
                    In a world that gets somewhat better, the Malone penalty is missed, O'Gara retaliates and gets a DQ, Subsequent look at the film creates a one game suspension for Malone, and O'Gara gets an extra day, and Harvard never wins another hockey game and Yale never loses one. Ever. It's still possible.

I suspect that what may have happened here is that the ECAC decided that Malone's hit should have been called and clearly instigated the issues so he gets a game, but that retaliation as a concept is worse and therefore deserves something worse, hence the extra game. But O'Gara already got something worse: he missed the rest of the game and caused an undischargeable 5 minute major. This seems like an example of the ECAC deciding that the referee's decision to DQ leaves them with nothing to do to express their disapproval of O'Gara's retaliation. But if they really feel that way, then they ought not to let referees DQ at all. Let referees issue game misconducts and let all DQs come from the league after review.
                    Last edited by goblue78; 02-12-2016, 04:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bulldog10jw View Post
                      I'm wondering what the thinking is here. If this was an ECAC suspension, shouldn't he have to sit out an ECAC game?
                      I don't think the suspension is germane to the ECAC per se. It has to do with being suspended for the next game, whether that be a non-conference tournament game or a regular season conference game. Had this occurred during the Princeton game prior to the first round of the Beanpot, Malone would have missed the game against BC. I think the only exception and I could be wrong here would be an in season exhibition game against a visiting team like the Russians from last year.

Comment

Originally posted by goblue78 View Post
                        I suspect that what may have happened here is that the ECAC decided that Malone's hit should have been called and clearly instigated the issues so he gets a game, but that retaliation as a concept is worse and therefore deserves something worse, hence the extra game. But O'Gara already got something worse: he missed the rest of the game and caused an undischargeable 5 minute major. This seems like an example of the ECAC deciding that the referee's decision to DQ leaves them with nothing to do to express their disapproval of O'Gara's retaliation. But if they really feel that way, then they ought not to let referees DQ at all. Let referees issue game misconducts and let all DQs come from the league after review.
                        I agree with this assessment. The refs should be allowed to hand out game misconducts along with major penalties but game disqualifications and suspensions should be determined at the league office after a review that includes all parties who were involved in the incident. I don't want to see any player hurt intentionally or otherwise and there should be a crackdown on this type of play especially where certain schools are involved (like, oh I don't know, CORNELL MAYBE???). I'll say it again; I don't believe that either O'Gara or Malone are dirty in any way, shape or form. I've never seen Sean go after a player in his two plus seasons at Harvard. So I think it had more to do with the game itself and Harvard's regular season frustrations in losing to Yale. I'm not using that as an excuse. Just an observation.

Comment

Originally posted by Skate79 View Post
                          I agree with this assessment. The refs should be allowed to hand out game misconducts along with major penalties but game disqualifications and suspensions should be determined at the league office after a review that includes all parties who were involved in the incident. I don't want to see any player hurt intentionally or otherwise and there should be a crackdown on this type of play especially where certain schools are involved (like, oh I don't know, CORNELL MAYBE???). I'll say it again; I don't believe that either O'Gara or Malone are dirty in any way, shape or form. I've never seen Sean go after a player in his two plus seasons at Harvard. So I think it had more to do with the game itself and Harvard's regular season frustrations in losing to Yale. I'm not using that as an excuse. Just an observation.
                          I have heard from sources that both refs were also suspended...

Comment

Isn't it nice that so many of the non-Ivy schools in the ECAC, like Colgate tonight, have (free) feeds of their games online.

Comment

Very solid game for Yale tonight! Early in the 3rd offense was very flat and wasn't doing much but they picked it up as the period continued. Lyon with some awesome saves. Overall, a hard fought and quality win.

Comment

And a great feed and solo announcer.. Great win
                                YALE HOCKEY
                                2013 National Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X