Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yale Bulldogs 2015-2016 season. Lets get offensive!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Yale Bulldogs 2015-2016 season. Lets get offensive!

Fantastic game from beginning to end. Even more impressive when you consider how many players are injured. The Snively-Wilson-Hayden line has developed great chemistry. I was very impressed with JM Piotrowski who combines great energy with a nice stick. He's making a bigger impact with each game. There were no weaknesses tonight. Let's hope that trend continues tomorrow.

Comment

Great game from Yale tonight! Very physical play from many of the players! Harvard looms. Our crew will be at Archie's at 3:30 pm for pre game, come hang.

Comment

Originally posted by cornellgradyalefan View Post
        Fantastic game from beginning to end. Even more impressive when you consider how many players are injured. The Snively-Wilson-Hayden line has developed great chemistry. I was very impressed with JM Piotrowski who combines great energy with a nice stick. He's making a bigger impact with each game. There were no weaknesses tonight. Let's hope that trend continues tomorrow.
        Great news that Yale scored all of its goals for the weekend last night!

Should be a great game tonight!

Comment

Originally posted by bothman View Post
          Great news that Yale scored all of its goals for the weekend last night!

Should be a great game tonight!
          Hopefully, Yale has some goals left for tonight, but we'll see.

I expect a great game also.......as it should be.

Comment

WOW!! Talk about hanging on. Thank you, Alex.

Comment

What an edge of the seat game. Pure gut check by Yale to hang on with such a depleted squad. I missed the O'Gara major hit while at the game and just watched the replay. I am not excusing or saying O'Gara's hit didn't warrant a five, but, Malone should not have even been on the ice because the refs missed his hit from behind that injured O'Gara about 20 seconds previous to the O'Gara retaliation. The officials were too busy watching the play develop up ice. and ignored Malone's hit. Yale came out flying but seemed to lose steam as the game progressed, which is shown in the shot numbers. VERY lucky bounce over Vesey's stick near the end. Lyon was also a rock tonight.
              YALE HOCKEY
              2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                What an edge of the seat game. Pure gut check by Yale to hang on with such a depleted squad. I missed the O'Gara major hit while at the game and just watched the replay. I am not excusing or saying O'Gara's hit didn't warrant a five, but, Malone should not have even been on the ice because the refs missed his hit from behind that injured O'Gara about 20 seconds previous to the O'Gara retaliation. The officials were too busy watching the play develop up ice. and ignored Malone's hit. Yale came out flying but seemed to lose steam as the game progressed, which is shown in the shot numbers. VERY lucky bounce over Vesey's stick near the end. Lyon was also a rock tonight.
                The penalties to O'Gara in the third contributed a bit to Yale losing steam.

Comment

Real classy win, Yale.

Ogara head shot, Lyon throwing punches, and Cooper going after Kerfoot after the whistle. Guess we see the real character of Yale and what they resort to when they face some adversity (17-2 SOG and some tilted ice in the 3rd)

I have a feeling there is going to be some karma reigning down on Yale after this one.

See you in the ECACs...

Comment

Real classy win, Yale.

Ogara head shot, Lyon throwing punches, and Cooper going after Kerfoot after the whistle. Guess we see the real character of Yale and what they resort to when they face some adversity (17-2 SOG and some tilted ice in the 3rd)

I have a feeling there is going to be some karma reigning down on Yale after this one.

See you in the ECACs...
                    No smiley face?

Comment

Real classy win, Yale.

See you in the ECACs...
                      Not excusing O'Gara's stupid hit, but you might want to take a look at the replay of Malone hitting him from behind and injuring O'Gara about 15 seconds before O'Gara retaliates. The refs missed that call, Malone should have been in the box, instead he payed the price for his punkish play. Yale was down nine players from the roster tonight and Harvard couldn't even take advantage, that's what you should be worried about. Jimmy missing the open net at the end was classic! I was at the game and thought both teams were equally chippy tonight, Harvard kept crashing Lyon and digging after the whistle, which would **** most goalies off.
                      YALE HOCKEY
                      2013 National Champions

Comment

• Re: Lyon Named ECAC Goalie of Month

Big win with the appropriate level of contempt for the John Harvards, who just couldn't walk the walk at the whale. Boo Hoo. Bothman's whining aside, Kerfoot played an inspired game but paid the price at the end for Esposito's viciousness in the face-off circle late in the 3rd. Sorry Charlie, its a team game and you pay for the sins of your teammates.

Comment

• Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                          Not excusing O'Gara's stupid hit, but you might want to take a look at the replay of Malone hitting him from behind and injuring O'Gara about 15 seconds before O'Gara retaliates. The refs missed that call, Malone should have been in the box, instead he payed the price for his punkish play. Yale was down nine players from the roster tonight and Harvard couldn't even take advantage, that's what you should be worried about. Jimmy missing the open net at the end was classic! I was at the game and thought both teams were equally chippy tonight, Harvard kept crashing Lyon and digging after the whistle, which would **** most goalies off.
                          Harvard has not beaten Yale at ingalls in its last 10 regular seasons so not worried about the loss, regardless of who Yale dressed. Heck, Yale beat Harvard in 1989 at the whale as I was there to watch it.

Jimmy should have tied it, but I'm not worried about him.

You are right on Malone, but no excuse by Ogara who will sit a game as a result of not controlling his emotions.

Yale won, but I think Harvard a better team this year. Hope we meet again in an elimination game.

Comment

• Originally posted by bothman View Post
                            Real classy win, Yale.

See you in the ECACs...
                            {\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252
                            {\fonttbl\f0\fswiss\fcharset0 Helvetica;}
                            {\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red255\green2 55\blue255;\red0\green0\blue0;}
                            \deftab720
                            \pard\pardeftab720\partightenfactor0

\f0\fs22 \cf0 \cb2 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0
                            \outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec3
                            Real classy win, Yale.\
                            \
                            Ogara head shot, Lyon throwing punches, and Cooper going after Kerfoot after the whistle. Guess we see the real character of Yale and what they resort to when they face some adversity (17-2 SOG and some tilted ice in the 3rd)\
                            \
                            I have a feeling there is going to be some karma reigning down on Yale after this one.\
                            \
                            See you in the ECACs...
                            \

Right. Guess you missed Wilson getting his head slammed to the ice after he chipped the puck out of the zone to ice the game. Malone didn't even miss a shift. The O'Gara hit was a 2 min cross check, but the acting job by Malone was simply the last of 3 dives by Harvard. Please.

Mighty Harvard got off 7 SOG for first two periods. Vestry played like his usual prima Donna self, Blackwell did his usual cheap shot nonsense, and ther were more held sticks and slashes by the Cantabs than - well- you could shake a stick at.

Blue were better, more physical, poised, you name it. Harvard was on the ropes in 2nd period and goalie was giving up juicy rebounds on almost every chance.

They lost. Yale was better. Alain walked across the ice to shake hands with Donato. Players did the handshake line. Try doing the same.\

It was a very good game. Refs were in way over their heads. Let them play, but missed a lot. Called penalties only after they turned around and saw a guy on the ice or holding his hand. They called matching 2 min penalties mid game b/c it was starting to get chippy. Didn't really do much good.

Harvard got beat as usual by a tenacious forecheck, which guys like Vesey & Blackwell don't like very much. The goalie was very shaky and the D not physical at all.

Still, I'd say both teams are totally legit.

But get real. The OGara hit & the total acting job by Malone - who did not miss a shift - was a desperate play to try to get momentum changed in a game where they were being out worked. They were in serious trouble and Yale went into full defensive mode after that.\

I wasn't so keen on that but I'm sure with Harvards overall edge in speed, Allain figured he had Lyon and didn't want to give up a bad goal.\

If you want to talk about a penalty, how about the takedown on the breakaway by Yale. Outrageous they didn't award a penalty shot. He was all alone in the slot and got taken down from behind.\

Enough said. Good game. Good win. Shake hands.\

Comment

• Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                              Yes - spot on as usual. Vesey whiffed an open net but puck took a weird bounce. Petrosky just keeps getting better and better. Wilson played his guts out tonight. Yale won this game. Really really like this group.

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                                Originally posted by Yale86 View Post
                                Yes - spot on as usual. Vesey whiffed an open net but puck took a weird bounce. Petrosky just keeps getting better and better. Wilson played his guts out tonight. Yale won this game. Really really like this group.
                                Harvard had 7 shot through 2 periods. In many ways a dominating performance by Yale. Lyon's first goal was soft, but he more than made up for it.
                                It was the usual Yale/Harvard chippy game until the third period- nothing really surprising. Whining about Lyon pushing people out of his box is well, whining. Both teams had some questionable hits that got more questionable in the 3rd.
                                Up until O'Gara's cheapshot, no doubt Harvard was pushing the line on trying to change the balance of a game Yale simply dominated for the first two periods. That being said, there is zero room for O'Gara hit in the game. Harvard delivered several hits from behind in the third, including Malone's, and while the refs should have called, those hits happens at times as part of the game. O'Gara's hit was not a hockey play it was a dirty/intentional shot from a great player who lost his cool. Things like that happen, they are 20 year old college kids and he was ****ed. That being said, he deserved 5 and Yale was lucky that the refs realized they had let Harvard get away with too much up until that point and retroactively gave Harvard a 2 minute minor on the same play. I wouldn't be surprised if he was suspended for another game for the shot (I'd have to see a replay to see exactly where the cross check landed).
                                Gotta give Allain and staff a ton of credit, they have simply dominated Harvard over the past several years. In many ways the reverse of football except that Harvard actually on the books recruits better for hockey yet players have less success both there and thereafter.

4 takeaways to date: 1. Lyon is that good. 2. Hayden has emerged as the dominating player we had hoped for (best player on the ice last night). 3. The Yale first line now looks like one of the top in the country- far better than what Harvard put out. 4. Piotrowski has come on amazingly strong and continues to improve daily (looking forward to watching that kid develop further over next 4 years- has NHL body as should thrive under Allain).
                                Last edited by yalehockeyfan; 02-07-2016, 09:14 AM.
                                -------------
                                Yale University 2013 National Champs

Comment

Working...
                                X