Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yale Bulldogs 2015-2016 season. Lets get offensive!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Yale Bulldogs 2015-2016 season. Lets get offensive!

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
    Good win, well deserved for outplaying SLU for 3/4ths of the game. Great rebound from last night against another team that gives Yale fits. Great hustle by Hart on the GWG.
    Ylae was the better team for most of the night. They did deserve the win.
    Lucky bounce on that third goal and we were asleep at the wheel. Second goal should not have counted. Gluchowski was cross checked up high and down on the ice trying to get up which allowed Snively to go in unimpeded. Should have been a penalty called on Ylae prior to that goal. My only gripe.

Last year SLU had the secret sauce going.......this year that sauce is missing. Last year the team never took a shift off, this year they take periods and games off.
    Good luck the rest of the way....see you at Ingalls in a few weeks. Hopefully we'll see a better up and down game. Don't know why both teams were so chippy tonight.
    SLU

Comment

• Originally posted by critsports View Post
      Ylae was the better team for most of the night. They did deserve the win.
      Lucky bounce on that third goal and we were asleep at the wheel. Second goal should not have counted. Gluchowski was cross checked up high and down on the ice trying to get up which allowed Snively to go in unimpeded. Should have been a penalty called on Ylae prior to that goal. My only gripe.

Last year SLU had the secret sauce going.......this year that sauce is missing. Last year the team never took a shift off, this year they take periods and games off.
      Good luck the rest of the way....see you at Ingalls in a few weeks. Hopefully we'll see a better up and down game. Don't know why both teams were so chippy tonight.
      I missed the hit at the beginning of the second. The gift make up penalty against Hayden made up for it. Yale PK was also a major factor. I was surprised to see SLU so flat tonight, they usually play Yale very hard.
      YALE HOCKEY
      2013 National Champions

Comment

Whale backbone

https://dome.mit.edu/bitstream/handl...jpg?sequence=2

http://photo.sf.co.ua/g/295/16.jpg
        YALE HOCKEY
        2013 National Champions

Comment

From New Haven Register beat reporter Chip Malafronte .............. Yale's Andrew Gaus, Ryan Hitchcock and Nate Repensky all considered doubtful for this weekend, according to Keith Allain
          YALE HOCKEY
          2013 National Champions

Comment

The game against Union on Friday will be on ESPN 3

Comment

Horrible game by hockey team. Couldn't win a faceoff, bunch of turnovers. Crappy boarding penalty when they pulled the goalie. Last of many stupid penalties. Hart & Wittek were awful. 2nd goal by Lyon terrible. Union goalie shaky. Bad loss.

Comment

Originally posted by Yale86 View Post
                Horrible game by hockey team. Couldn't win a faceoff, bunch of turnovers. Crappy boarding penalty when they pulled the goalie. Last of many stupid penalties. Hart & Wittek were awful. 2nd goal by Lyon terrible. Union goalie shaky. Bad loss.
                That was a rough watch. Your points are all valid but the bigger problem in my opinion is a lack of offensive cohesion and flow and this has been a yearlong problem despite the solid record. Yale had 31 shots and perhaps a handful were at all challenging for the Union goalie to stop. This Yale team has to play superior defense every game to give themselves a chance to win and that is just too fine a margin to sustain. An uncharacteristic bobble by Lyon on the second goal but I'm certainly not going to criticize our MVP for a rare lapse.

Comment

If they can't find a way to score some goals, every game is going to be similar. They have been winning, or at least getting a tie in these type of games the last few weeks. Tonight, no such luck.

Comment

Originally posted by bulldog10jw View Post
                    If they can't find a way to score some goals, every game is going to be similar. They have been winning, or at least getting a tie in these type of games the last few weeks. Tonight, no such luck.
                    The balloon deflated somewhat after Foo's snipe of a goal. I would speculate that Lyon would even tell you that he was beaten by a great shot. I think the turning point of the game were the two consecutive penalties which also stopped Yales momentum. There were at least three open nets missed and one crossbar hit by Yale. Although Yale was the more talented team, Union took advantage of their opportunities while Yale did not.
                    YALE HOCKEY
                    2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                      The balloon deflated somewhat after Foo's snipe of a goal. I would speculate that Lyon would even tell you that he was beaten by a great shot. I think the turning point of the game were the two consecutive penalties which also stopped Yales momentum. There were at least three open nets missed and one crossbar hit by Yale. Although Yale was the more talented team, Union took advantage of their opportunities while Yale did not.
                      No argument that those penalties were killers and that the officiating was questionable all night. But at no point throughout the game, after that first goal, did I think the team was going to score, with the exception of that nifty play by Doherty where he was unlucky not to score. Where are the goal scorers on this team? They play hard and aggressively every game but you can't win consistently scoring 1-2 goals a game with 3 goals a breakout game.

Comment

• Originally posted by cornellgradyalefan View Post
                        No argument that those penalties were killers and that the officiating was questionable all night. But at no point throughout the game, after that first goal, did I think the team was going to score, with the exception of that nifty play by Doherty where he was unlucky not to score. Where are the goal scorers on this team? They play hard and aggressively every game but you can't win consistently scoring 1-2 goals a game with 3 goals a breakout game.
                        They couldn't BUY a faceoff win. And neutral zone turnovers were maddening. Both very uncharacteristic. I'm not sure the O is as big a problem as it was last year. They just played lousy - flat, dumb penalties. I mean, Wittek had no idea where he - or anyone else for that matter - including his own line mates, was on the ice. Foo's goal a direct result of one of umpteen NZ giveaways. Really bad game last night. Hope they were just looking ahead & they get back on track tonight against a far superior opponent. That was just a rough game.

Comment

Originally posted by cornellgradyalefan View Post
                          A breakout game tonight.
                          Last edited by bulldog10jw; 01-30-2016, 08:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bulldog10jw View Post
                            A breakout game tonight.
                            Touche!

Comment

Wings at Archie Moore's, LTsatch's seats (thanks again!) and a dominating performance tonight in my first trip to the Whale this season. Hayden looks like a different player, Snively is all over the ice, Walsh's goal was the equal of Foo's last night, and Obuchowski's pass to Learned for the third goal was quite pretty. For the first ten minutes of both the first and second periods RPI could barely get the puck into the zone.... the rest of the game was much more even.

Comment

Look at the last 4 qualifying spots in the PWR as of right now

13 Yale 47 12-5-4 .6667 11 .5566 13
                                14 Rensselaer 45 14-8-6 .6071 17 .5432 14
                                15 Dartmouth 44 11-9-1 .5476 24 .5402 15
                                16 Cornell 43 11-7-3 .5952 19 .5339 17

With number 15 Dartmouth on Friday night and #5 Harvard on Saturday next weekend at home, a 4 pt weekend would really solidify the Bulldogs' standing

Comment

Working...
                                X