Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yale Bulldogs 2015-2016 season. Lets get offensive!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Yale Bulldogs 2015-2016 season. Lets get offensive!

There is less here for the second game.... I do think if they did a longer OT you guys would have had us. I'm just glad to say I've seen 3 more schools. But there is no reason these games are in an arena this size, it's completely oversized for the draw here at this point

None of us in the tech section have any idea how that puck stayed on the line to cleared. It just stayed and spun there.

Best of luck the rest of the year!
    MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Didn't really get a chance to watch the Yale MT game, but coming away with a tie and dropping 2 spots in the pairwise is not my definition of a successful weekend. As the ECAC grind officially begins, it will be up to this team to score more goals and continue to play the great defense that has become a hallmark lately. Always worry about this home and home with Brown, who usually somehow manages to ruin the weekend for Yale, i hope that trend changes.
      YALE HOCKEY
      2013 National Champions

Comment

LT: While waiting for the ECAC to start the second-half, I have been attending several Albany Devils games. It has been a real treat to watch Brown's Matt Lorito and Yale's Brian O'Neill playing together on the Devils' first line. When NJ picked up Brian. I was looking forward to seeing Matt joining him in NJ at one point. If the Devils' scoring drought continues, I would not be surprised to see Matt and Brian called up, and then playing on the same line with Brown's Bobby Farnham. BTW, I posted on the Brown thread a story on Bobby's suspension which has a link to the video of his offending check.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Hutter View Post
          LT: While waiting for the ECAC to start the second-half, I have been attending several Albany Devils games. It has been a real treat to watch Brown's Matt Lorito and Yale's Brian O'Neill playing together on the Devils' first line. When NJ picked up Brian. I was looking forward to seeing Matt joining him in NJ at one point. If the Devils' scoring drought continues, I would not be surprised to see Matt and Brian called up, and then playing on the same line with Brown's Bobby Farnham. BTW, I posted on the Brown thread a story on Bobby's suspension which has a link to the video of his offending check.
          We are still amazed at O'Neills lack of scoring in the NHL, not sure if the system is not to his liking or he was told to just grind. I really wish we still had the AHL in New Haven so we can see the college players develop. Farnham has that "it" factor ala Sean Avery that may curse him or give him a lengthy NHL career. He is a smart guy who is doing what he has to do to stay in the bigs, he just better watch his back.
          YALE HOCKEY
          2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
            We are still amazed at O'Neills lack of scoring in the NHL, not sure if the system is not to his liking or he was told to just grind. I really wish we still had the AHL in New Haven so we can see the college players develop. Farnham has that "it" factor ala Sean Avery that may curse him or give him a lengthy NHL career. He is a smart guy who is doing what he has to do to stay in the bigs, he just better watch his back.
            While waiting for the puck to drop tonight, I checked out the NJ Devils website - Brian was recalled today.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Hutter View Post
              While waiting for the puck to drop tonight, I checked out the NJ Devils website - Brian was recalled today.
              Need a like button on here. Thanks for the info. Brown completely outplayed Yale for 3/4ths of the game tonight, if not for Lyon's heroics and a couple of odd man rushes for Yale, it would have been a different story. Also the pipes hit by Brown!
              YALE HOCKEY
              2013 National Champions

Comment

Need a like button on here. Thanks for the info. Brown completely outplayed Yale for 3/4ths of the game tonight, if not for Lyon's heroics and a couple of odd man rushes for Yale, it would have been a different story. Also the pipes hit by Brown!
                Lyon 100% saved the day. And without Snively this team would be in even more trouble on offensive end. Not sure I liked breaking up the Snivley/Hayden line pairing. Good to be getting healthy, but I would be surprised if those two weren't back on same line tonight.
                -------------
                Yale University 2013 National Champs

Comment

Originally posted by yalehockeyfan View Post
                  Lyon 100% saved the day. And without Snively this team would be in even more trouble on offensive end. Not sure I liked breaking up the Snivley/Hayden line pairing. Good to be getting healthy, but I would be surprised if those two weren't back on same line tonight.
                  It's great to have Lyon, but if this team wants to have success in the post season, they are obviously going to need to find some kind of a scoring touch. Or at least keep the puck in the offensive zone and get more turnovers. I think tonight's game is huge. On the road against a team that for the most part played better than you did the night before. It wouldn't hurt to get off to a good start and play three good periods of hockey. Nothing against a team that plays better as the game goes on, which Yale usually does, but you could also dig too deep a hole to climb out of if the opponent dominates the first period.

Comment

Also great to see Mike Doherty back on the ice and contributing. He was skating well, but not playing with his usual "edge", going hard into corners etc. I am sure it will take him a few games to shake off the rust. He also kept up with play well and did not seem to tire. Yale needs his tenacity, skill and scoring touch down the stretch.
                    YALE HOCKEY
                    2013 National Champions

Comment

Anytime you win in OT, it's a really good win.

Comment

Beautiful pass by Doherty on the game winner. I think Yales depth won out in the end. Brown could only keep the top two lines on the ice only for so long. Great team effort tonight.
                        YALE HOCKEY
                        2013 National Champions

Comment

This was announced last week. I don't think anyone here mentioned it.

http://nhrcollegehockey.blogspot.com...ith-under.html

It’s a major coup for Yale, especially since a portion of the contract will be paid in cash to help boost the school’s annual operations budget. No official word yet, but expect more TV broadcasts, more big-name opponents in New Haven and, perhaps, Under Armour-sponsored hockey and basketball tournaments.

Comment

Heading up to New Haven with some friends for Alumni weekend and catching both games during the weekend! What's the best option for a pre game hang out spot? Been awhile since I have been back to New Haven.

Comment

Originally posted by NinoBrown View Post
                              Heading up to New Haven with some friends for Alumni weekend and catching both games during the weekend! What's the best option for a pre game hang out spot? Been awhile since I have been back to New Haven.
                              Archie Moores on Willow St, great wings. Anna Liffeys on Whitney Ave. Cool Irish pub. Mory's has a great new Temple Bar in the rear of the building with good food. A ton of places downtown, recommend BAR on Crown St. for pizza and beer.
                              YALE HOCKEY
                              2013 National Champions

Comment

• Thanks for the recos LT!

My membership at Morys is probably not active anymore. Do you still need one to go there?

Archie Moores on Willow St, great wings. Anna Liffeys on Whitney Ave. Cool Irish pub. Mory's has a great new Temple Bar in the rear of the building with good food. A ton of places downtown, recommend BAR on Crown St. for pizza and beer.

Comment

Working...
                                X