Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yale Bulldogs 2015-2016 season. Lets get offensive!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Yale 2 Union 1 OT

http://sportzedge.com/2015/11/19/yal...or-first-time/

The Bulldogs host Cornell and Colgate on Friday and Saturday. Both of those games are set for 7 p.m. Players are always excited to play at Ingalls Rink, but what about if you’re a freshman, and this will be your first game at the Whale?

Comment

Hard fought game with an appropriate result tonight. Yale could have used Doherty and Repensky who are out for the weekend with injuries. Cornell is huge and quick. Gillam and Lyon were the stars of the game IMO.
      YALE HOCKEY
      2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
        Hard fought game with an appropriate result tonight. Yale could have used Doherty and Repensky who are out for the weekend with injuries. Cornell is huge and quick. Gillam and Lyon were the stars of the game IMO.
        The goalies in a 0-0 game were the stars? Wow!
        RPI Pep Band
        GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
        🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
        2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
        2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

A 3 point weekend for Yale. Didn't see the game, was still recovering from the football disaster. The stats looked like Yale dominated, although 1 for 7 on the power play is, at best, mediocre.

Noticed that Cornell scored one goal this weekend, and also got 3 points.

Comment

Originally posted by bulldog10jw View Post
            Noticed that Cornell scored one goal this weekend, and also got 3 points.
            Yep. I thought we actually ought to have scored a few against Yale, but Brown locked us up tight -- we had one decent chance all night and happened to pot it, while Brown had 4 or 5 quality chances and Gillam decided to channel Ken Dryden.

League-wide this was a bizarre weekend. I'm glad I went low on the pick em predictions...
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Yale 3 Colgate 1

Yale's 3 goals

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eZRDWKqNEA

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
                The goalies in a 0-0 game were the stars? Wow!
                Call me Captain Obvious! The goal posts get second stars. Third stars to the refs for letting them play.
                YALE HOCKEY
                2013 National Champions

Comment

Call me Captain Obvious! The goal posts get second stars. Third stars to the refs for letting them play.
                  4th star to whatever spirit sat in the crease and stopped Cornell's wrap-around attempt in the 2nd (I think...) period. Lyon didn't have the post, so it should have been a two-foot putt for the Cornell shooter, but somehow the puck stayed out.
                  RPI Pep Band
                  🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

Comment

but somehow the puck stayed out.
                    Electronic fence

Comment

4th star to whatever spirit sat in the crease and stopped Cornell's wrap-around attempt in the 2nd (I think...) period. Lyon didn't have the post, so it should have been a two-foot putt for the Cornell shooter, but somehow the puck stayed out.
                      I thought he got there just at the last second, and i had a good angle on it.
                      YALE HOCKEY
                      2013 National Champions

Comment

Re: Yale Bulldogs 2015-2016 season. Lets get offensive!

Dave Starman ‏@DStarmanHockey 12h12 hours ago
                        Seeing polls and rankings for @NCAAIceHockey and I think Yale is a better team than people think. Real solid back end/goalie. Well coached.
                        YALE HOCKEY
                        2013 National Champions

Comment

I thought he got there just at the last second, and i had a good angle on it.
                          I was just behind the goal line, so maybe I just didn't see him get over, but it sure looked like there was a gap.
                          RPI Pep Band
                          🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

Comment

I was just behind the goal line, so maybe I just didn't see him get over, but it sure looked like there was a gap.
                            It was an impressive wraparound and an equally impressive reaction, I was amazed that he was able to get there. The puck actually hit his pad about 4 inches from the post which may have helped. There is actually a great slow motion replay on the ILDN archive of the game about 11 minutes into the second period, the camera is about eight feet left of my vantage point atop aisle nine.
                            Last edited by LTsatch; 11-23-2015, 10:26 PM.
                            YALE HOCKEY
                            2013 National Champions

Comment

Mmkay. Basically, had the shooter actually tucked it just inside the post, it probably would have gone, but the guy put it too far over.
                              RPI Pep Band
                              🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

Comment

Tough loss this past Saturday. Reminder, QU gametime is 6:30 pm friday and on TV, sorry for the long list but it is syndicated out by American sports Network.

Quinnipiac @ Yale
                                Watch it in your area on: AR-Little Rock:KATV-2 (RetroTV);CA-Los Angeles:FOTV (Los Angeles - Dish#6);CT-Hartford:SportsNet NY (SNY) (Hartford);CT-Hartford:NESN Plus (Hartford, CT);DC-Washington:MASN (Washington, DC);IA-Cedar Rapids:KGAN-2 (getTV);IA-Des Moines-Ames:KDSM-2 (getTV);KY-Lexington:WDKY-2 (getTV);KY-Paducah:WDKA-2 (getTV);MA-Boston:NESN Plus (Boston, MA);MA-Springfield:NESN Plus (Springfield, MA);MD-Baltimore:MASN (Baltimore, MD);MD-Salisbury:MASN (Salisbury, MD);ME-Bangor:NESN Plus (Bangor, ME);ME-Portland/Auburn:NESN Plus (Portland, ME);MO-St. Louis:KDNL-2 (getTV);NC-Charlotte:MASN (Charlotte, NC);NC-Greensboro:MASN (Greensboro, NC);NC-Greenville/N Bern:MASN (Greenville, NC);NC-Raleigh/Durham:MASN (Raleigh, NC);NC-Wilmington:MASN (Wilmington, NC);Nebraska-Omaha:KPTM-2 (My/This);Nevada-Las Vegas:KSNV-3 (getTV);New York-Albany:WRGB-2 (This TV);New York-Albany:SportsNet NY (SNY) (Albany);New York-Binghamton:SportsNet NY (SNY)(Binghamton);New York-Buffalo:SportsNet NY (SNY) (Buffalo);New York-Elmira:SportsNet NY (SNY) (Elmira);New York-New York:SportsNet NY (SNY) (New York);New York-Rochester:SportsNet NY (SNY) (Rochester);New York-Syracuse:SportsNet NY (SNY) (Syracuse);New York-Utica:SportsNet NY (SNY) (Utica);New York-Watertown:SportsNet NY (SNY) (Watertown);Ohio-Cincinnati:WSTR-2 (getTV);Ohio-Columbus:WTTE-2 (getTV);Ohio-Dayton:WKEF-2 (getTV);PA-Harrisburg:MASN (Harrisburg, PA);PA-Pittsburgh:WPGH-2 (getTV);PA-Wilkes Barre:SportsNet NY (SNY) (Wlk-Barre);RI-Providence:NESN Plus (Providence, RI);TX-El Paso:KFOX-2 (Comet);USA-Nationwide :MASN (Dish Network Ch. 432);USA-Nationwide :MASN (Direct TV Channel 640);VA-Charlottesville:MASN (Charlottesville, VA);VA-Harrisonburg:MASN (Harrisonburg, VA);VA-Norfolk/Portsmou:MASN (Norfolk, VA);VA-Richmond:MASN (Richmond, VA);VA-Roanoke:MASN (Roanoke, VA);VT-Burlington:NESN Plus (Burlington, VT);
                                YALE HOCKEY
                                2013 National Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X