Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yale Bulldogs 2015-2016 season. Lets get offensive!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yalehockeyfan
    replied
    Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
    Michigan wins! Yale's going dancing!
    Will be Umass-Lowell in first round for us.
    Remains uncertain if will be in Albany vs. Worcester (I suspect Albany).
    What is also certain (in addition to facing UML) is that Quinnipiac will be #1 seed in our side of bracket.

Leave a comment:

• LTsatch
    replied
    Re: Yale Bulldogs 2015-2016 season. Lets get offensive!

Thanks Red!

Leave a comment:

• yalehockeyfan
    replied
    From blue to big blue another, thank you.
    Hope yale is well rested.

Leave a comment:

• lugnut92
    replied

Leave a comment:

• lugnut92
    replied

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    I have a question for you guys. I'll be in New Haven Sunday night to Tuesday afternoon for business with Yale. Figured I would give myself a quick tour of Ingalls at some point after 5 PM. Can I just walk in during the evening, or does the building keep specific hours?
    I find that the doors are usually unlocked, so you'll likely just be able to walk in.

Leave a comment:

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied

I have a question for you guys. I'll be in New Haven Sunday night to Tuesday afternoon for business with Yale. Figured I would give myself a quick tour of Ingalls at some point after 5 PM. Can I just walk in during the evening, or does the building keep specific hours?

Leave a comment:

• yalehockeyfan
    replied
    Not looking good. Northeastern won, Minny and Duluth leading...

Will be tough not to see this team in NCAAs but given the limits Ivy places on games and the way Pairwise works, we know we simply can't afford loses like we had to Dartmouth.

Leave a comment:

• lugnut92
    replied

Not looking good. Northeastern won, Minny and Duluth leading...

Leave a comment:

• goblue78
    replied

Originally posted by yalehockeyfan View Post
    So simply by playing Harvard moves past yale in pairwise. Thinking of it that way, I don't mind it. There should be reward/punishment for ecac tournament results.

I don't have a good feeling about today.
    Harvard won't be rewarded just for playing. What's happening is that they're already ahead of us in RPI and we're winning because we bit them head-to-head. But, if Duluth moves past us that flips a comparison and puts us behind them. Oh, screw it... it's complicated and frustrating when you lose to Dartmouth.

Leave a comment:

• tape
    replied

Originally posted by ZamboniDude View Post
    Sum of Win % and Record under the Common Opponents
    This isn't two comparisons, it's just breaking out the common opponents comparison so you can see both the percentage and the record. There are three comparisons: RPI, head-to-head, and common opponents, with RPI being used to break ties.

Leave a comment:

• yalehockeyfan
    replied
    Originally posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
    Yup..just saw the ECAC game doesn't matter.
    So simply by playing Harvard moves past yale in pairwise. Thinking of it that way, I don't mind it. There should be reward/punishment for ecac tournament results.

I don't have a good feeling about today.

Leave a comment:

• ZamboniDude
    replied
    Originally posted by goblue78 View Post
    But that's just a mistake in the website calculator. I just realized that if that happens Yale is out, because they'll break the tie with RPI, which favors Notre Dame at that point. That means it's only a three-way event to take Yale out... Quinnipiac-Harvard doesn't matter. Anyone disagree?
    That might be the case. Do we know for sure RPI is the sole tiebreak? Because if you look at the detailed comparisons, Notre Dame wins RPI, there are no head to head, and then Yale wins two: Sum of Win % and Record under the Common Opponents area.

Leave a comment:

• QUAlum2004
    replied
    Originally posted by goblue78 View Post
    But that's just a mistake in the website calculator. I just realized that if that happens Yale is out, because they'll break the tie with RPI, which favors Notre Dame at that point. That means it's only a three-way event to take Yale out... Quinnipiac-Harvard doesn't matter. Anyone disagree?
    Yup..just saw the ECAC game doesn't matter.

Leave a comment:

• goblue78
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ZamboniDude
    replied

Originally posted by yalehockeyfan View Post
    So if the first three happen, even though Yale is presently ahead of Harvard in pairwise we want Harvard to win, because if they lose they pass us in Pairwise. Interesting….and nonsensical
    I hadn't thought of it that way, but yeah, it's pretty nonsensical. Harvard moves ahead of Yale in PWR win or lose when you have the other 3 outcomes shown (and maybe even if you don't).

This is the link to the Harvard wins scenario with the other 3 outcomes as well: http://pwp.uscho.com/rankings/pairwi..._56ecdd41a7620

It shows Yale squeaking above the line but in a dead tie with Notre Dame. Thus the predictor actually shows 17 teams in (13 above the line and 4 autos below it). I just realized that. I think this means that if the first 3 are true and Harvard wins, Yale isn't actually guaranteed, they are at the mercy of the committee.

EDIT: I realize when you click the URL, it only shows 16, because the AHA champion isn't displayed. You have to then click Show Pairwise Comparisons to see the 13/4 thing I'm talking about with the line below Yale.
    Last edited by ZamboniDude; 03-19-2016, 08:02 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X