Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yale Bulldogs 2015-2016 season. Lets get offensive!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LTsatch
    replied
    Re: Yale Bulldogs 2015-2016 season. Lets get offensive!

Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
    It's almost like he's trolling, trying to get a rise out of fans when he probably doesn't even believe in 99% of what he wrote. It's not even rational, like he's just throwing crazy ideas out there. If not trolling, he's a pretty poor, uninformed, disconnected sportswriter who should find another line of work or just stay away from hockey.
    Probably related to this arsehat https://theiceislife.wordpress.com/2...out-the-trash/

Leave a comment:

• LTsatch
    replied

Good luck Eli! Hope to see all at Public House 42 pre-game.

Leave a comment:

• riverchief1
    replied

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
    I read the first nine words and stopped reading
    It's almost like he's trolling, trying to get a rise out of fans when he probably doesn't even believe in 99% of what he wrote. It's not even rational, like he's just throwing crazy ideas out there. If not trolling, he's a pretty poor, uninformed, disconnected sportswriter who should find another line of work or just stay away from hockey.

Leave a comment:

• LTsatch
    replied

I read the first nine words and stopped reading

Leave a comment:

• fightingsiouxfan16
    replied

Originally posted by goblue78 View Post
    I always make the argument, in both hockey and basketball, that the field already consists of almost all the teams... it's just that teams that dig themselves into a hole in the regular season need more wins to survive. As long as you're eligible for your conference tournament, you're just a few wins away from the nat'l championship. No more than eight wins in a row. Teams that have great regular seasons require 4 games in a row. That's the advantage that QPac gets for a great regular season. How much more of an advantage do they want?

The only teams left out are those that don't make their conference tournaments, or as in Ivy League basketball through this year, conferences that don't have tournaments or appoint their regular season champions as their AQ (which all conferences could do, but none choose to.)
    Ivy league basketball will have a conference tourny starting next year.

Leave a comment:

• goblue78
    replied

Originally posted by fightingsiouxfan16 View Post
    So i would love to see the field go to 20 teams.
    I always make the argument, in both hockey and basketball, that the field already consists of almost all the teams... it's just that teams that dig themselves into a hole in the regular season need more wins to survive. As long as you're eligible for your conference tournament, you're just a few wins away from the nat'l championship. No more than ten wins in a row. Teams that have great regular seasons require 4 games in a row. That's the advantage that QPac gets for a great regular season. How much more of an advantage do they want?

The only teams left out are those that don't make their conference tournaments, or as in Ivy League basketball through this year, conferences that don't have tournaments or appoint their regular season champions as their AQ (which all conferences could do, but none choose to.)

Edit: corrected above to show that bad teams need ten wins in a row to get the trophy, not eight. And actually, they can lose a couple in the first four.
    Last edited by goblue78; 03-24-2016, 09:56 AM.

Leave a comment:

• fightingsiouxfan16
    replied

[QUOTE=IsThereADog;6304302]
    Originally posted by fightingsiouxfan16 View Post

As a Q fan (and probably for almost all Q fans): this guy's ideas are stupid and the article is bad.
    I cannot agree with you more. He just sounds so dumb

Leave a comment:

• IsThereADog
    replied

[QUOTE=fightingsiouxfan16;6304275]
    Originally posted by Boola View Post
    Holy Cow!

http://sportzedge.com/2016/03/22/nca...nation-format/[/QUOT

All i can say is wow. Thats the whole point in sports. Go tell Middle Tennessee state they shouldnt have been on the court with michigan state after they won that game. Or after all the upsets this year in the basketball tourny. Yes the cream of the crop is still alive and in terms of hockey if Quinnipiac is #1 like everyone has them then it shouldnt matter who they line up against. But thats sports. Sports is the equalizer between the big powerhouses and the rest of the field. We dont need less teams. One can argue we need more teams in the tournament. You dont think a team like Minnesota can win a game in a regional and upset someone. All im saying is that whoever wrote this article sounds like they are scared of opponents esp ones that have nothing to lose. In the words of Rocky when Drago says I must break you.... little guys can turn around and say No way. So i would love to see the field go to 20 teams.
    As a Q fan (and probably for almost all Q fans): this guy's ideas are stupid and the article is bad.

Leave a comment:

• fightingsiouxfan16
    replied

[QUOTE=Boola;6304260]Holy Cow!

http://sportzedge.com/2016/03/22/nca...nation-format/[/QUOT

All i can say is wow. Thats the whole point in sports. Go tell Middle Tennessee state they shouldnt have been on the court with michigan state after they won that game. Or after all the upsets this year in the basketball tourny. Yes the cream of the crop is still alive and in terms of hockey if Quinnipiac is #1 like everyone has them then it shouldnt matter who they line up against. But thats sports. Sports is the equalizer between the big powerhouses and the rest of the field. We dont need less teams. One can argue we need more teams in the tournament. You dont think a team like Minnesota can win a game in a regional and upset someone. All im saying is that whoever wrote this article sounds like they are scared of opponents esp ones that have nothing to lose. In the words of Rocky when Drago says I must break you.... little guys can turn around and say No way. So i would love to see the field go to 20 teams.

Leave a comment:

• bulldog10jw
    replied

Double elimination is for baseball, not hockey

Leave a comment:

• Boola
    replied

Holy Cow!

http://sportzedge.com/2016/03/22/nca...nation-format/

Leave a comment:

• LTsatch
    replied

Yale Hockey Pre-game Reception @ Public House 42. The times are 3:30 – 7:00 pm. Address: 42 Eagle St, Albany, NY 12207
    Located within 3 blocks of the Times Union Center. Here is the link for directions: https://goo.gl/maps/DsX9tznVWdr.

Yale is running a bus from RTH (Athletics Department) to Albany on Saturday. The bus will leave promptly at 3:30 p.m. - and will make stops at both the reception and the Arena. The bus will return to New Haven immediately following the game. Round Trip Cost is $25 Round Trip.
    For Bus Reservations: Please Contact me at (203-432-1434 or nadine.logan@yale.edu).
    For Tickets: Please Contact the Yale Ticket Office (203-432-1400).

Leave a comment:

• sshablak
    replied

I think it takes them a period to work out the kinks from only two games in four weeks.

Leave a comment:

• LTsatch
    replied
    Originally posted by sshablak View Post
    There's a way to beat that. They allow smokers to go outside and smoke on a deck, there are stairs on the deck leading to the street. Shhhhh beers right there.
    You guys have played only TWO games since Feb 27, must be healthy now, but rested or rusty ??
    Two truly bad losses which I think Allain's will have them working off. Everyone who did not have a season ending injury was available for Dartmouth and I do not remember anyone else getting badly hurt in those games, so healthy it is.

Leave a comment:

• sshablak
    replied

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
    Just spoke to a representative at the Times Union Center, NO re-entry allowed between games on Saturday.
    There's a way to beat that. They allow smokers to go outside and smoke on a deck, there are stairs on the deck leading to the street. Shhhhh beers right there.
    You guys have played only TWO games since Feb 27, must be healthy now, but rested or rusty ??

Leave a comment:

Working...
X