Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yale Bulldogs 2015-2016 season. Lets get offensive!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Yale Bulldogs 2015-2016 season. Lets get offensive!

[QUOTE=fightingsiouxfan16;6304275]
    Originally posted by Boola View Post
    Holy Cow!

http://sportzedge.com/2016/03/22/nca...nation-format/[/QUOT

All i can say is wow. Thats the whole point in sports. Go tell Middle Tennessee state they shouldnt have been on the court with michigan state after they won that game. Or after all the upsets this year in the basketball tourny. Yes the cream of the crop is still alive and in terms of hockey if Quinnipiac is #1 like everyone has them then it shouldnt matter who they line up against. But thats sports. Sports is the equalizer between the big powerhouses and the rest of the field. We dont need less teams. One can argue we need more teams in the tournament. You dont think a team like Minnesota can win a game in a regional and upset someone. All im saying is that whoever wrote this article sounds like they are scared of opponents esp ones that have nothing to lose. In the words of Rocky when Drago says I must break you.... little guys can turn around and say No way. So i would love to see the field go to 20 teams.
    As a Q fan (and probably for almost all Q fans): this guy's ideas are stupid and the article is bad.

Comment

[QUOTE=IsThereADog;6304302]
      Originally posted by fightingsiouxfan16 View Post

As a Q fan (and probably for almost all Q fans): this guy's ideas are stupid and the article is bad.
      I cannot agree with you more. He just sounds so dumb

Comment

Originally posted by fightingsiouxfan16 View Post
        So i would love to see the field go to 20 teams.
        I always make the argument, in both hockey and basketball, that the field already consists of almost all the teams... it's just that teams that dig themselves into a hole in the regular season need more wins to survive. As long as you're eligible for your conference tournament, you're just a few wins away from the nat'l championship. No more than ten wins in a row. Teams that have great regular seasons require 4 games in a row. That's the advantage that QPac gets for a great regular season. How much more of an advantage do they want?

The only teams left out are those that don't make their conference tournaments, or as in Ivy League basketball through this year, conferences that don't have tournaments or appoint their regular season champions as their AQ (which all conferences could do, but none choose to.)

Edit: corrected above to show that bad teams need ten wins in a row to get the trophy, not eight. And actually, they can lose a couple in the first four.
        Last edited by goblue78; 03-24-2016, 09:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by goblue78 View Post
          I always make the argument, in both hockey and basketball, that the field already consists of almost all the teams... it's just that teams that dig themselves into a hole in the regular season need more wins to survive. As long as you're eligible for your conference tournament, you're just a few wins away from the nat'l championship. No more than eight wins in a row. Teams that have great regular seasons require 4 games in a row. That's the advantage that QPac gets for a great regular season. How much more of an advantage do they want?

The only teams left out are those that don't make their conference tournaments, or as in Ivy League basketball through this year, conferences that don't have tournaments or appoint their regular season champions as their AQ (which all conferences could do, but none choose to.)
          Ivy league basketball will have a conference tourny starting next year.

Comment

I read the first nine words and stopped reading
            YALE HOCKEY
            2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
              I read the first nine words and stopped reading
              It's almost like he's trolling, trying to get a rise out of fans when he probably doesn't even believe in 99% of what he wrote. It's not even rational, like he's just throwing crazy ideas out there. If not trolling, he's a pretty poor, uninformed, disconnected sportswriter who should find another line of work or just stay away from hockey.
              Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
              Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
              Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Good luck Eli! Hope to see all at Public House 42 pre-game.
                YALE HOCKEY
                2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
                  It's almost like he's trolling, trying to get a rise out of fans when he probably doesn't even believe in 99% of what he wrote. It's not even rational, like he's just throwing crazy ideas out there. If not trolling, he's a pretty poor, uninformed, disconnected sportswriter who should find another line of work or just stay away from hockey.
                  Probably related to this arsehat https://theiceislife.wordpress.com/2...out-the-trash/
                  YALE HOCKEY
                  2013 National Champions

Comment

Good luck Eli!
                    YALE HOCKEY
                    2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                      Good luck Eli!
                      Anyone know what section Yale fans/students in?
                      Thanks in advance
                      -------------
                      Yale University 2013 National Champs

Comment

Ouch. Ugly OT goal, with at least 3 or 4 chances for Yale to clear. Ironic that the best defensive team in the conference goes down on a defensive breakdown.

Oh well; congratulations on getting to the show. I'm sure you'll be right back in contention next year.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                          Ouch. Ugly OT goal, with at least 3 or 4 chances for Yale to clear. Ironic that the best defensive team in the conference goes down on a defensive breakdown.

Oh well; congratulations on getting to the show. I'm sure you'll be right back in contention next year.
                          Sure didn't see that one coming. D zone breakdown? I mean, after watching ugly D for my kids Maize & Blue it was nice to settle in & watch our team's defensive integrity. Until that. Oh well. UML played well & the game could have gone either way.

You just never know. I mean St. Cloud lost similarly to Ferris (!). Congrats to Lowell. A fine season for Yale.

I still see Q as best team - maybe they will finally break through.

Right now it looks like NoDak, BC, Q, Denver. I think. Will be in Tampa. After that, until next year. Peace.

Comment

Yale controlled the game from Frankie's goal on but you don't win with style points. Lowell's an opportunistic team and they buried their chances. It's true the game could have gone either way. If Hayden nets that blast in the 3rd instead of hitting the crossbar Yale likely wins but that's hockey.

If Yale played that game against Q they would have had a chance to upset them but I agree that Q looks like they have what it takes this year.

Comment

Tough one. I will say I was impressed with the crispness of Yale tonight, with only 2 games played in the past 3-4 weeks.

Comment

[QUOTE=fightingsiouxfan16;6304308]
                                Originally posted by IsThereADog View Post

I cannot agree with you more. He just sounds so dumb
                                Interesting. I think his idea is a good one, but his reasoning in faulty. But I agree with his idea for a totally difference reason - attendance. Jack Parker (former BU coach for those who don't know) was doing the radio commentary for our game tonight. One of his comments was that "these players shouldn't have to play the final game of their college careers in front of just family and friends." He said that, although he was one of the advocates of the current expansion to 16 teams format, it was clear that it has not worked out. It was downright embarrassing looking at all these empty buildings. First of all, you can't compare hockey to basketball. Period. Hockey is a regional sport, and no matter how much they try to "grow" the game, the interest in most areas will be marginal at best. I know that the big buzzword in this country today is "expansion." This idea of "bigger is better" is ludicrous. Parker also commented that the nature of hockey does not lend itself well to a single-elimination format. He feels they should add in one more weekend (the only reason we have two weeks between the regionals and the Frozen Four anyway is because they don't want to go up against the basketball Final Four) and make all the rounds before the Frozen Four a double-elimination format. It's NOT to "keep out" programs like Quinnipiac (I mean, they are the #1 seed so they're going to be there anyway). It's to, first and foremost, provide an ATMOSPHERE worthy of the game. Aren't you tired of looking at empty arenas? Do you think it's enjoyable to watch a game when you can hear what every player is yelling because nobody is there? Imagine, for a moment, that "your team" hypothetically had to travel to, say, St. Paul to play in your league tournament, Worcester to play in a regional, and Denver to play in the Frozen Four. How many fans (remember, we're not all Ivy Leaguers) could afford (either from a financial or time perspective) to attend? Again, I contrast with basketball, because for the most part, it is larger schools with HUGE fan bases (and even THOSE arenas are half-empty in the first round games). The proof is in the pudding. You can't even argue the point (unless you are blind) because there is relatively NOBODY at these games. Regardless of whether you agree with his premise or not, SOMETHING has to be done.

Comment

Working...
                                X